PDA

View Full Version : A 14 year old boy that’s not to be messed with.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 13:36
This happened a couple days ago in a Philly pizza shop. It certainly appears the kid was packing in the family pizza shop, and puts one in the face of a man trying to rob mom. I feel bad for any kids that try to take his lunch money.

https://usacrime.com/2021/12/13/14-year-old-shoots-robber-face-philadelphia-pizzeria/

Esq.
12-14-21, 13:40
Good.

223to45
12-14-21, 13:46
The story in the article and video don't match. Hmmm.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 13:56

Yeah, I’m pretty certain that gun wasn’t under the counter. Maybe that’s what mom told them out of fear of repercussions for letting the kid carry the gun. Either way, I say bravo young man.

Hush
12-14-21, 14:03
Good outcome, the country needs more of this. All these "flash mob" robberies could be solved by dropping a few of them, the rest would get the message and this would end overnight.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Esq.
12-14-21, 14:08
Yeah, I’m pretty certain that gun wasn’t under the counter. Maybe that’s what mom told them out of fear of repercussions for letting the kid carry the gun. Either way, I say bravo young man.

You can pretty clearly see him jerking around at his waist line trying to free the pistol prior to bringing it up and shooting the guy.

Disciple
12-14-21, 14:24
I hope he doesn't go to prison for this. All I see is tug-of-war over the register, not attempted strangulation.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 14:32
I hope he doesn't go to prison for this. All I see is tug-of-war over the register, not attempted strangulation.

Philly’s DA Krasner is a leftist pos, so he’ll probably try to give the kid the death penalty.

Diamondback
12-14-21, 14:42
Bravo Zulu kid, now clam it and let the lawyers do the talking. Maybe pick Rittenhouse's brain for advice since Kiddie-Diddler* Krasner is gonna try to Nifong/Fatlock & Finger this one.
*Remember, New Rules... #AllDemsArePedos

Hart
12-14-21, 15:01
Was that brains that came gushing out of the perps head?

TomMcC
12-14-21, 15:14

I don't see a weapon either. I hate to say it, but I think the kid is hosed.

T2C
12-14-21, 15:22

The kid should clam up and lawyer up.

TomMcC
12-14-21, 15:27
The kid should clam up and lawyer up.

Like, right now.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 15:43
I don't see a weapon either. I hate to say it, but I think the kid is hosed.

There’s no audio with the video, so who’s to say dirtbag didn’t threaten to kill mom if she didn’t give over the cash. Maybe dirtbag said he had a gun…

TomMcC
12-14-21, 15:50
There’s no audio with the video, so who’s to say dirtbag didn’t threaten to kill mom if she didn’t give over the cash. Maybe dirtbag said he had a gun…

I certainly hope you're right.

B Cart
12-14-21, 16:23
I think it's great the kid defended himself and his mom, however....

1. There didn't look to be much evidence of threat of injury or bodily harm to him or his mom. The perp looked to be unarmed and trying to take the register, not choking anyone. The kid could have pointed the gun and given verbal warnings, and then if the perp made an aggressive move or tried to come over the counter, there would have been more justification for shooting. Not sure if there is a 'castle doctrine' type law for the workplace?

2. The kid definitely looked like he pulled that gun out of his waistband, and not from under the counter like they said. Now sure how much difference that makes, but may be bad if he gets charged with anything.

I'm all for giving scumbags dirt naps if needed, but i'd like to think in that same situation, i would have just let him take the register, while giving verbal warnings with gun at the low ready. That being said, i'm not losing any sleep over the robber getting shot.

titsonritz
12-14-21, 16:38
Something doesn't jive between the video and the article for sure. I don't really care, these smash and grabbers would all be shot in the face if it were up to me.

Coal Dragger
12-14-21, 16:48
I don’t care if the kid was carrying a gun. He was in his family’s business (private property) and had every right to be there, and had parental supervision to have the gun.

I don’t care if he shot a smash and grab robber in the face. Smash and grab robbery perpetrators should all get shot in the face. In fact when his accomplices get caught the police should let the kid shoot the other two in the face as well.

bp7178
12-14-21, 16:59
The video isn't from the robbery attempt in the article. Maybe there's some nonsense afoot. From a more credible site(s), the suspect fled the store after being shot and was later apprehended.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/teen-shoots-robber-face-spring-garden-pizzeria/

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-shooting-spring-garden-broad-street-robbery-pizza-shop/11318485/

B Cart
12-14-21, 17:03
The video isn't from the robbery attempt in the article. Maybe there's some nonsense afoot. From a more credible site(s), the suspect fled the store after being shot and was later apprehended.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/teen-shoots-robber-face-spring-garden-pizzeria/

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-shooting-spring-garden-broad-street-robbery-pizza-shop/11318485/

That makes more sense, as the video posted in the OP definitely didn't follow the story in the article. Good on the boy for being willing to fight and know how to use the gun, and good riddance to the perp.

titsonritz
12-14-21, 17:24
That scumbag shot in the face didn't look like he was running anywhere.

Bulletdog
12-14-21, 17:32
That scumbag shot in the face didn't look like he was running anywhere.

That's what I was thinking too. Is it possible that the shot to the face temporarily knocked him unconscious like a punch? After coming to, he got up and ran out?

Artos
12-14-21, 17:45
TGP is calling it an armed robbery??

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/14-year-old-son-philadelphia-pizza-shop-employee-shoots-armed-robber-face-protect-mother/

TomMcC
12-14-21, 17:51
Any assurance thats the correct vid? The story isn't lining up with that vid at all.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 18:41
Any assurance thats the correct vid? The story isn't lining up with that vid at all.

There was only one 14 year old shooting a guy in the face at a pizza shop in Philly three days ago that I’ve heard of. I’m not surprised the story doesn’t match the video. Some “journalists” got the story from Philly PD, and wrote a story with what they were told. It’s quite possible none of them have even seen the video. It’s also possible the LEO recounted the story that they were told without actually seeing the video. I haven’t seen a press conference from Philly PD officials giving any facts on the incident. Nobody here should be surprised by media outlets having less than impeccable accuracy.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 18:44
That's what I was thinking too. Is it possible that the shot to the face temporarily knocked him unconscious like a punch? After coming to, he got up and ran out?

Quite possible. JoeR a member here and firearms trainer tells a story about a dude with a crater in his forehead from a .357 sitting on a curb smoking a cigarette.

bp7178
12-14-21, 19:32
Or someone doctored an older video to sell it to the Inquirer. Its also possible the written article is taken from false or inaccurate witness statements.

Inkslinger
12-14-21, 19:42
Or someone doctored an older video to sell it to the Inquirer. Its also possible the written article is taken from false or inaccurate witness statements.

So there was another 14 year old shooting a robber in the face at a pizza shop? And someone doctored the video of it to sell to the news? My money is on false or inaccurate witness statements.

bp7178
12-14-21, 19:50
For sure that's more likely.

I am very sure a lot more would-be robbers get shot than those incidents get press.

I saw another Philly news channel's video which shows the suspect being loaded onto a stretcher and he has a very similar jacket to the one in the OP's video link.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/teen-shot-would-be-robber-pizza-shop-owner-says/3074367/ Its right at 44 seconds after you get past the ads.

Alpha-17
12-15-21, 08:56

It definitely doesn't. The articles and reports mention 3 robbers, but the video only shows one, with a possible second. That one comes off more as a bystander than anything, especially since they just stand there after the shots are fired.

Good outcome, the country needs more of this. All these "flash mob" robberies could be solved by dropping a few of them, the rest would get the message and this would end overnight.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Working retail, this is incredibly frustrating as we have repeatedly been aware of people shoplifting items, including ammo, but have no ability to do anything about it. Not every shoplifter needs to be met with violence, but a rapid response to the violent ones is a good idea.

I'm sure the kid will face unfortunate consequences, but personally, I'm calling this one a good shoot.

joedirt199
12-15-21, 11:56
Almost appears the cops wrote the report to reflect better on the owners and shooter, then someone leaks the video and shows a different story. Someone grabbing for a register and gets shot in the face is the outcome we all want, but to be honest, there was no real imminent threat in that video and the kid most likely will catch hell for it. Person behind dead guy is lucky to have not caught that round.

Looks as though the video was found in discovery by criminal lawyer and then released to try and paint the shooter in a bad light as the report really doesn't match the video.

Inkslinger
12-15-21, 12:07
Almost appears the cops wrote the report to reflect better on the owners and shooter, then someone leaks the video and shows a different story. Someone grabbing for a register and gets shot in the face is the outcome we all want, but to be honest, there was no real imminent threat in that video and the kid most likely will catch hell for it. Person behind dead guy is lucky to have not caught that round.

Looks as though the video was found in discovery by criminal lawyer and then released to try and paint the shooter in a bad light as the report really doesn't match the video.

The idea of imminent threat is quite different between us watching the video and the 14 year old boy having a man fighting with his mother over the family’s income.

Diamondback
12-15-21, 12:52

I'm not saying this is right... but when prosecutors fail to have the cops' back, it is kind of natural that those more focused on public safety might try to "top cover" for citizens having to do for themselves the job the PD's hands are tied to prevent them from doing.

bp7178
12-15-21, 14:11
Almost appears the cops wrote the report to reflect better on the owners and shooter, then someone leaks the video and shows a different story.

Did you get a copy of the report? How do you know that the article at all matches what's in the report?

joedirt199
12-15-21, 16:10
Our dept releases a basic rundown of the case to the local media for them to do as they wish with, so guessing that is where the person got the info to even write up the short article. If they went off the video alone, the story should jive more with the video.

utahjeepr
12-15-21, 17:55
Considering IL just sentenced a 2nd degree murderer to 3 years probation and some community service, then even grounding this kid should be off the table.

ETA: I'd give him a medal and a guaranteed seat in POST when he comes of age.