PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Encoding Act...

dtheman
12-14-08, 14:39
I have heard that NY, Penn and 16 other states have enacted that legislation recently. Any news stating otherwise.

My source is an article posted on FN Forum.net

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=11930

A-Bear680
12-14-08, 14:50
I have heard that NY, Penn and 16 other states have enacted that legislation recently. Any news stating otherwise.

My source is an article posted on FN Forum.net

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=11930

Enacted or introduced?

Dave L.
12-14-08, 14:55
If you're gonna go down in a blaze of glory who gives a ****:cool:

Heavy Metal
12-14-08, 15:02
No, no state has enacted this. The author of that article is severly confused.

California enacted a bill requiring that pistols engrave the cases upon firing but nothing else.

Business_Casual
12-14-08, 15:02
I heard that 17 states have introduced law-enforcing robots that kill with laser beams from their eyes.

I also enjoy stirring panic and rumor-mongering on Internet sites - either to ensure runs on ammo continue or because I have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

M_P

MOFoxtrot
12-14-08, 15:57
I have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon

What no football???? :D

tinman44
12-14-08, 17:34
I heard that 17 states have introduced law-enforcing robots that kill with laser beams from their eyes.

i thought it was sharks? :confused:

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-08, 18:01
IIRC, the Cal law was limited to viable technology. Non-patented (or open source) and some kind of financial barrier. More sure of the first part than the second.

dtheman
12-15-08, 10:00

I also enjoy stirring panic and rumor-mongering on Internet sites - either to ensure runs on ammo continue or because I have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

M_P

Just trying to figure out if this information was correct or not, no one was asking you to be a prick.

Business_Casual
12-15-08, 10:12
Oh, I see. Because two minutes using Google to do your own research was entirely too taxing so you thought instead you'd run a "scare" headline in General Discussion and watch the chickens run around.

M_P

dtheman
12-15-08, 10:44
Of course, that's what all of my previous posts allude to. Me trying to scare everyone.

I actually felt this was the one of the most knowledgeable forums (easier than googling especially when I'm short on time like I was Sunday) that I visit, so it would be a good guess that I could find my answer here which I did from heavy metal.

If the headline scares you I apologize, I'll add more rainbows and butterflies next time I post. If it still scares you, just don't click on it. No one is forcing you to read or post anything.

Business_Casual
12-15-08, 11:10
Well thank you, I can't deny I would appreciate that - I do enjoy a butterfly and/or rainbow picture on occasion. :cool:

Puppies and kittens are awful cute as well.

M_P

TOrrock
12-15-08, 11:16
This thread, like the AEA, is dead in the water.