PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Vudu 1-10x28

mebiuspower
12-20-21, 11:47
https://youtu.be/EpePnRaSKHk

Wake27
12-20-21, 11:57
Interesting, listed specs are damn near identical to the Razor Gen III.

VIP3R 237
12-20-21, 12:41
Interesting, listed specs are damn near identical to the Razor Gen III.

Probably using the same OEM just built to their specs.

mebiuspower
12-21-21, 06:28
Influencers have already got theirs and here's what one has to say...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXtfC9VPQJe/

- It has the same massive FOV as the Vortex 1-10x24, but with less distortion at 1x. The type of distortion is a bit different too. Instead of distortion at the edges while static it’s only noticeable when slowly panning from left to right. Hard to explain.
- The reticle is better than the Vortex 1-10 or Trijicon Credo 1-8.
- - The Vortex has a center dot that ‘sheds off’ as it magnifies. Problem is you can’t use the center dot at mid magnification at range bc the outer reticle rings havnt properly shed off enough and it covers up the target too much. But there are excellent holds and ranging tools that work great at distance.
- - The Trijicon Credo has a ring style over a simple mil dot reticle. Problem is the center ring doesn’t leave the FOV at magnification like the Vudu 1-10, and the Trijicon’s clutters up the view substantially under magnification. Theres also no wind holds.
- - The Vudu has a speed ring like their HWS 1x optics, and the ring leaves the FOV completely at 5.5x. The center reticle group is very usable at 5.5x and up, and has excellent wind and elevation holds.
- It is not as bright as the Vortex, but the illumination is more ‘crisp’. It’s slightly brighter than the Trijicon.
- It does have slightly more distortion than the truly distortion free Vudu 1-8 SFP (my previously favorite LPVO). It’s completely different than the Vudu 1-8. I’d say the Vudu 1-8 is still better from point blank to 200 yards. But if you want 1 optic to do just about anything and everything, this is the optic to get.

Alpha-17
12-21-21, 07:05
Interesting. I've been halfheartedly looking to replace a 3.5x ACOG on my 17S, and this looks promising.

Hank6046
12-21-21, 11:49
Interesting to see the least, glad that their is more competition in the LPVO market

Blender
12-21-21, 17:27
I use an Eotech Vudu scope on my M1A Squad Rifle. These scopes are definitely Top Tier! The glass is super clear, doesn't fog, withstands excessive gunfire with no issues, has a durable finish, and is easy to adjust. It is a rock solid scope. I feel I am qualified to chime in since I have years of real world tactical experience and training. Throughout my career I have used Aimpoint, Eotech, Trijicon, Leupold, Nightforce, and US Optics. I am a big advocate of Trijicon. Always prefered Aimpoint red dots over Eotech as a personal preference, not saying one is better than the other. I just noticed more halo effect at 400 meters with the Eotech. But the Eotech Vudu is solid and a good price for a quality piece of glass!

rockapede
12-21-21, 20:39
"Slightly brighter than the Trijicon" Credo 1-8 isn't exactly promising. Everything else looks interesting.

mebiuspower
12-22-21, 06:49
"Slightly brighter than the Trijicon" Credo 1-8 isn't exactly promising. Everything else looks interesting.

It's physically difficult to provide good illumination on FFP scopes. If "daylight bright" is important to you then SFP would be the better choice.

rockapede
12-22-21, 07:49
It's physically difficult to provide good illumination on FFP scopes. If "daylight bright" is important to you then SFP would be the better choice.

That’s true; yet Vortex, Leupold, and Nightforce seem to manage it fine. I’m not sure FFP is a valid excuse not to have daylight bright illumination in an LPVO anymore, particularly in this price bracket.

BoringGuy45
12-22-21, 20:16

Difficult, but not impossible. The Vortex Gen III is as bright as an Aimpoint.

Infadel
01-21-22, 05:47
Any 1st hand comparisons to Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10?

Gargoyle
02-02-22, 08:11
This LPVO is a NO GO for me. I have scopes with ocular mag dial and it's a PITA with scope caps. The cap rotates and gets hung up on the gun.

mebiuspower
03-24-22, 13:13
It's cloudy out today but brightness seem to be improved over the 1-6x.

Eyebox at 10x is tight but that's to be expected.

dont_tread_on_me
03-24-22, 17:11
Reticle is not daylight bright. Razor gen 3 still has the least amount of scope body present in field of view.

mebiuspower
05-17-22, 16:26
https://youtu.be/l09QKXkrVYw

mtnscar
07-11-22, 09:05
A little less positive than the previous reviews, but sounds ok. Been debating picking this one up but may forgo in favor of a 2.5-10 or 3-15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxYW_WfctJs