PDA

View Full Version : Glock parts...

TheGhostRider
12-20-21, 18:28
I'm frustrated...
I'm heavily invested in Glock... Gen 3's and Gen 5's.
I've always kept spare parts for all of my guns... after all, machines can break. Spare bolts, firing pins, springs, recoil spring assembly's and other potential high wear parts.
Same with Glock. Except now... I can't find striker/firing pin assembly's, rsa's for my Gen 5 guns.
I've been waiting patiently for these parts to appear with no luck. I've picked up duplicate guns as redundancy is all I can do at this point.
If I can't purchase the parts to support my Glock's then I must consider what move to make next. Fortunately going into winter and the other issues of ammo cost has cut my shooting
regimen way down... can't break them if you don't shoot them.
But who, HK around my parts is unobtainium. A USP 9 and 9c would be a nice addition to the tool chest.
It's just frustrating.
Anybody else running into parts issue's for your brand?

Disciple
12-20-21, 19:02
I need Glock parts too, third gen. I was hoping this thread named a cheap and abundant source. :rolleyes:

L-2
12-20-21, 19:15
You (the OP) has pretty-much described my same situation.
At one time, a few years ago, I was easily shooting ~1K rounds/week, but not anymore. It's more like 200 rounds/week, maybe.

I already had some parts but luckily haven't broken anything lately firearms-wise. The guns I hesitate or consciously don't shoot much are ones which are actually obsolete/discontinued/out-of-production: Remington 11-87P; S&W Model 66-2; SIG P225.

I mainly carry and shoot my Glocks and got on a few suppliers' waiting lists for various parts. I suspect if a specific Glock actually broke in a big way, I'd either be sending it back to Glock for ~$50 via Fedex; &/or buying another one via Glock's "Blue Label" program, if the specific model I wanted was even in-stock.

Over the years, I've sent four Glocks back needing its frames replaced; an S&W 442-1 replaced; a Colt Commander replaced; and a few other firearms over the years which took ~6 weeks, sometimes longer, for repairs (Springfield AR15; Remington 11-87P; Guncrafter Industries 1911; Kimber 1911; Ruger 1911; Doublestar 1911).

Although they can break, it seems 1911 parts can usually be found with so many different makers. My older-school SIGs have been fairly reliable, but parts can also be unobtainable nowadays should I need something. It'd be easier to find a new/used SIG to replace or part out, than to find the right pins or extractor, I figure. Having spare/duplicate firearms seems to be the best practice for me.

titsonritz
12-20-21, 19:57
I can't find striker/firing pin assembly's, rsa's for my Gen 5 guns.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/Glock-OEM-Gen-5-17-19-19X-26-34-45-Firing-Pin-Assy-p/glk-sp39327.htm
https://ghostinc.com/gen-5-glock-firing-pin-assembly-9mm-g17gen5-g19gen5-g19x-g26gen5-g34gen5-mos/
https://kmtactical.net/product/glock-oem-firing-pin-assembly-9mm-slim-g17gen-5-g19-gen-5/

12-20-21, 20:02
I just used the only spare parts I had rebuilding a new Gen5 lower that wasn’t resetting correctly.

I have enough spare AR parts to shoot at least a million rounds, but since moving over to Gen5 Glocks I have zero spare parts. None. If I have a problem it’s gonna have to go to Georgia.

Straight Shooter
12-20-21, 20:08
Deleted. All sold out.

RWH24
12-21-21, 15:41
Big Tex Ordnance

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/

Lots of GLOCK parts Gen 3, 4 & 5

SORRY OOS

RWH24
12-21-21, 16:10
https://www.glockmeister.com/product/glock-parts-firing-pin-spring-24n-silver-all-models#product_detail

Factory OEM Firing Pin Spring For All GLOCK Models

Striker/Firing Pin OOS

ViniVidivici
12-22-21, 01:13
When I couldn't find a RSA for my gen4 G19, I was turned on to Midwest Gun Works.

Great outfit, have used them a few times now.

Optics Planet also often has Glock parts. Love those guys.

robbins290
12-22-21, 13:56
When I couldn't find a RSA for my gen4 G19, I was turned on to Midwest Gun Works.

Great outfit, have used them a few times now.

Optics Planet also often has Glock parts. Love those guys.

Not sure it was you, but I was needing a gen 4 19 RSA and someone here recommended them. They had one and it shipped quick.

Great company.

ViniVidivici
12-24-21, 12:45
I believe it was Flenna who turned me onto them.

DaBigBR
12-24-21, 20:00
I'm frustrated...

If I can't purchase the parts to support my Glock's then I must consider what move to make next.

Your "move" is not to make one and to wait. Parts availability, like guns, ammo, and accessories, is slowly improving. If you break something, send it to the mothership and let them fix it.

This kind of "what do I buy now that I can't buy what I want?" thinking is part of what got us into this mess.

ViniVidivici
12-24-21, 21:36
Indeed, Glocks of all generations are so ubiquitous that even if theres a shortage at the moment, they're the most likely to become available when things do ease up.

RHINOWSO
12-25-21, 07:01
If you are freaking out about spare parts for a particular model, just buy that model - presto, you have every spare part you need.

Sell off slide / barrel / stuff you don't need.

Problem solved without 'freaking out' and having to 'make a move'.

Deep breath, deep breath...

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-25-21, 11:17
Every time I buy something other than a Glock I am scolded for being so short-sighted and told they can find Glock parts in every Dollar General and under random piles of newspaper.

pag23
12-25-21, 13:40
Every time I buy something other than a Glock I am scolded for being so short-sighted and told they can find Glock parts in every Dollar General and under random piles of newspaper.

When I buy a new gun I usually buy a few extra spare parts just in case as I figured part supply issues might come up.. I am slowing going away from Glock but will always have 1 or 2....

ST911
12-25-21, 13:51

I think they mean Dollar Tree.

3ACR_Scout
12-26-21, 21:28
Big Tex Ordnance

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/

Lots of GLOCK parts Gen 3, 4 & 5

SORRY OOS
Sign up for back in stock notifications and jump on the order as soon as you see the email. They restock often but sell out immediately. I got three G19 Gen 3 RSAs in September and two G19 Gen 5 RSAs in October. I’ve also gotten back in stock notices for trigger housings, connectors, and lots of other hard to find parts over the past few months. Don’t be afraid to just order a couple parts at a time when they’re in stock. They offer First Class Mail for only a few bucks and ship quickly. Big Tex is my go to for Glock parts.