PDA

View Full Version : Striker Control Device for Glock?

PatrioticDisorder
12-21-21, 07:47
Just as I became interested in this product it seems the original manufacturer has discontinued production. Apparently the patent has expired. Does anyone know of any companies planning to offer a quality version of this and not some cheap eBay knock off? I’m specifically interested in both the Gen 5 & slime frame versions.

YVK
12-21-21, 09:28
The manufacturer and patent holder stopped production and let patent expire. The word is that Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package from Tau and will try to bring it back. Nobody has commented on any time frames.

SeriousStudent
12-22-21, 10:02
The manufacturer and patent holder stopped production and let patent expire. The word is that Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package from Tau and will try to bring it back. Nobody has commented on any time frames.

I would be delighted to see that. I have a poop-load of Glocks, and have fitted Gadgets on all of them.

jesuvuah
12-22-21, 11:14
I have a couple of gadgets on my main carry glocks. I see no downside to them. I was disappointed to see them go under. Hopefully someone takes over.

Soli Deo Gloria

Disciple
12-22-21, 11:34
For the average CCW is the primary use live fire draw practice? When else are you holstering repeatedly or quickly?

YVK
12-22-21, 13:06
I don't think there are too many reasons to holster quickly at all but, yes, admin handling in general and holstering in particular were the reasons for developing it.

titsonritz
12-22-21, 13:41
I didn't know they weren't made anymore, that blows.

t1tan
12-22-21, 16:20
I didn't know they weren't made anymore, that blows.

Tom Jones posted about the decision, that it was a purposeful choice to let the patent expire to allow it to become open source and open up the market for more options and potentially allow options for other make/model firearms.

Frailer
12-28-21, 21:23
For the average CCW is the primary use live fire draw practice? When else are you holstering repeatedly or quickly?

I have one on the pistol I use when shooting action pistol matches with an AIWB holster. It’s certainly not necessary, but it’s nice to have.

PatrioticDisorder
02-15-22, 17:49
I would be delighted to see that. I have a poop-load of Glocks, and have fitted Gadgets on all of them.

Langdon Tactical announced earlier today they are going to be producing the SCD, they put out an Instagram post and YouTube video. I don’t see them on their website yet, so I’m not sure when they will be officially available.

Defaultmp3
02-15-22, 18:06
Langdon Tactical announced earlier today they are going to be producing the SCD, they put out an Instagram post and YouTube video. I don’t see them on their website yet, so I’m not sure when they will be officially available.https://langdontactical.com/ltt-striker-control-device-scd/

Gen5 in stock, it appears.

PatrioticDisorder
02-15-22, 18:25
https://langdontactical.com/ltt-striker-control-device-scd/

Fantastic, I grabbed one, thank you.

titsonritz
09-27-22, 15:48
Langdon Tactical announced earlier today they are going to be producing the SCD, they put out an Instagram post and YouTube video. I don’t see them on their website yet, so I’m not sure when they will be officially available.

https://langdontactical.com/ltt-striker-control-device-scd/

Anyone know if Langdon or someone else is making SCD for Gen3 Glocks?

jesuvuah
09-27-22, 18:03
Anyone know if Langdon or someone else is making SCD for Gen3 Glocks?The gen 5 can be used on all generations, so I don't think they are making one specifically for the older gen guns.

Soli Deo Gloria

titsonritz
09-27-22, 20:32
The gen 5 can be used on all generations, so I don't think they are making one specifically for the older gen guns.

Soli Deo Gloria

I was wondering about that but I don't have a Gen5 to compare so wasn't sure. Thanks for that tidbit of info.

titsonritz
04-10-23, 19:10
The gen 5 can be used on all generations, so I don't think they are making one specifically for the older gen guns.

Soli Deo Gloria

Apparently not, there is now three options...Gen 5 (Full-Size), Slim Frame Only (43, 43X, 48) and Gen 1-4

https://langdontactical.com/glock-striker-control-device-scd/?redirect_mongo_id=642b485f58449604b0510cfb&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=642b485f58449604b0510cfa

Sidneyious
04-11-23, 13:23
Why not just get the manual safety?

I remember when this came out and all I can think of is if something is still in the trigger when you release the device it's still going to go off right?

Defaultmp3
04-11-23, 13:53

I remember when this came out and all I can think of is if something is still in the trigger when you release the device it's still going to go off right?No, the SCD and trigger have a direct connection to each other, so you will either feel the pressure of the plate against your thumb during the holstering process and should stop and reassess at that point, or else the trigger wasn't pulled at all.

jesuvuah
04-11-23, 13:54

I remember when this came out and all I can think of is if something is still in the trigger when you release the device it's still going to go off right?You don't release the device. If, while holstering, you felt movement, you would just pull up on the gun which would take off pressure from whatever is pulling on the trigger.

All it is doing is making you aware of any movement in your striker, which is coming from movement in your trigger. If the trigger gets pulled all the way the gun is going off.

Soli Deo Gloria

yoni
04-11-23, 15:08
Does the device have any effect on trigger pull when it is installed?

titsonritz
04-11-23, 15:50

I remember when this came out and all I can think of is if something is still in the trigger when you release the device it's still going to go off right?

Because manual safeties on Glocks are gay, this is not a safety. Think of it as putting your thumb on the hammer of a DA auto during holstering.

jesuvuah
04-11-23, 15:57
Does the device have any effect on trigger pull when it is installed?I have not noticed any difference with mine.

Soli Deo Gloria