PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to our LE/mil members Standing Watch over the Christmas holiday

Diamondback
12-24-21, 11:33
Thank You, and let's be careful out there. 'Nuff Said.

utahjeepr
12-24-21, 13:31
He said it all.

+1

SteyrAUG
12-24-21, 17:11
+1 Don't do anything stupid like getting hurt on christmas.

joedirt199
12-24-21, 18:00
I took the monday-friday gigs, holidays off 7 years ago. Home with my wife and son on Christmas is way better than sorting out people's drunken problems on the job. We had an old lady who loved the crap out of us and our department and would cook a huge meal for the guys who had to work the holidays. Sweetest little lady who would send your family cards on holidays and birthdays. She even had a scanner and would make sure we all called off duty at the end of shift and would mark the numbers of who was working and who ended shift. She lived in a crappy trailer park and there were more than a few turds who got the speedy eviction for messing with her. Spent a few a few hours on her couch taking a nap while my food comma went away. I said "Gladys, listen for my number and wake me if they call." She passed but is still missed. Be safe everybody traveling and away from home on the holidays.

Wake27
12-24-21, 18:47
I took the monday-friday gigs, holidays off 7 years ago. Home with my wife and son on Christmas is way better than sorting out people's drunken problems on the job. We had an old lady who loved the crap out of us and our department and would cook a huge meal for the guys who had to work the holidays. Sweetest little lady who would send your family cards on holidays and birthdays. She even had a scanner and would make sure we all called off duty at the end of shift and would mark the numbers of who was working and who ended shift. She lived in a crappy trailer park and there were more than a few turds who got the speedy eviction for messing with her. Spent a few a few hours on her couch taking a nap while my food comma went away. I said "Gladys, listen for my number and wake me if they call." She passed but is still missed. Be safe everybody traveling and away from home on the holidays.

That’s awesome.

I’ve missed a lot over the past eight years but never Christmas. My dad missed just about everything at one point or another and I definitely appreciate the ones that do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john armond
12-24-21, 18:54
Missed a lot of holidays with the family over the years. While I’m still “on the job” it’s no longer shift work, and no more holidays. My thoughts and thanks go out to those out there, instead of with their families.

SteyrAUG
12-24-21, 19:26

Seems like it's always the people with the least who do the most.