PDA

View Full Version : Sad day, from Australia to NYC

platoonDaddy
12-28-21, 06:23
Sad day in America

https://youtu.be/yV3YUHGrxJ4

omegajb
12-28-21, 06:30
I've seen a lot of second amendment supporters saying that the police will side with us if they pass unconstitutional laws.
This is further proof otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
12-28-21, 07:44
I've seen a lot of second amendment supporters saying that the police will side with us if they pass unconstitutional laws.

This is New York City. Every cop I know personally is calling out these guys for enforcing these laws.

omegajb
12-28-21, 07:56
This is New York City. Every cop I know personally is calling out these guys for enforcing these laws.Yet, police are just following orders. We'd be foolish to believe that they would stand up to stop any infringement on our rights.

just a scout
12-28-21, 07:56
My cop friends have the same general attitude:

I’m X years from my pension. What am I going to do? Be a deputy in Podunk, IA? I won’t make the money I need and I don’t know how to do anything else. I need this job I til I can retire and move.

So, yeah, there won’t be any issues with enforcing this crap, or doing raids because the 2A is deemed abolished by EO or anything else. They all went and got jabbed, except for the guys with time enough to put in papers.

The almighty pension holds complete power over the police and every other government worker. And then it just becomes a matter of “I was following orders”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

platoonDaddy
12-28-21, 08:06
When it comes to getting their own paychecks, pension or putting food on their table, while saying, “It’s just my job.”

LoboTBL
12-28-21, 08:27
Before the end of this century, future historians will be trying to explain how America became exactly what it moved heaven and earth to destroy at all costs in the middle of the previous century. Glad to be done with it. I'd be fired anyway for looking the other way and not enforcing this BS.

Straight Shooter
12-28-21, 08:33
From what Ive seen at Waco, during Hurricane Katrina, Ruby Ridge, and many many more instances, anyone who believes the MAJORITY of LE will disobey orders from gun confiscation to about anything else, is living on a river called DENIAL.
Same goes for the US military.

Alex V
12-28-21, 08:40

I've said it from the beginning. LE are NOT on our side. Never were, never will be.

This is New York City. Every cop I know personally is calling out these guys for enforcing these laws.

They are saying that now, once their paycheck is on the line they will bend the knee. The only thing that will keep them from enforcing this is once their buddies start dropping. When it's your life on the line they DGAF, when it's their, they just may GAF.

Straight Shooter
12-28-21, 08:42
Before the end of this century, future historians will be trying to explain how America became exactly what it moved heaven and earth to destroy at all costs in the middle of the previous century. Glad to be done with it. I'd be fired anyway for looking the other way and not enforcing this BS.

Century hell...before the decade is out. We've exponentially decayed as a nation in the last 6-8 years.
Look how far we've fallen in the past 12 months alone. WELL over half of the country is too far gone to ever hope for a return to "normal", with my definition of normal being pre-Obama race relations, pre- pervert/pedophile/tranny/homo/abcdefg idiots, traditional values, and a few nuts not causing a whole society to turn 180 degrees because they are "offended" at literally EVERYTHING. NO WAY, at the current pace, are we gonna stand much longer, sans a split and/or a 2A solution. And Im down for both.

BoringGuy45
12-28-21, 08:43
I've said it from the beginning. LE are NOT on our side. Never were, never will be.

They are saying that now, once their paycheck is on the line they will bend the knee. The only thing that will keep them from enforcing this is once their buddies start dropping. When it's your life on the line they DGAF, when it's their, they just may GAF.

Many I know left or refused to enforce stupid laws.

markm
12-28-21, 08:49
Although disgusting and disappointing, I see these examples as the exception to the majority of the Country. NY is a f@$Ktard Mecca that learned nothing from 9/11 attacks, and will continue to soak in liberal stupidity.

Alex V
12-28-21, 08:50

Good on them, but I genuinely feel this is the exception, not the rule.

LoboTBL
12-28-21, 08:59
Good on them, but I genuinely feel this is the exception, not the rule.

I spent a decade in the military and another two and a half decades in LE. I agree it is much more the exception than the rule. Few will speak out much less stand against and refuse to follow illegal and/or immoral orders. I've seen it happen too many times to believe otherwise.

Averageman
12-28-21, 09:09
You can rule through fraud and force.
Once the fraud is discovered the only thing left to use is the force.

BoringGuy45
12-28-21, 09:13
I spent a decade in the military and another two and a half decades in LE. I agree it is much more the exception than the rule. Few will speak out much less stand against and refuse to follow illegal and/or immoral orders. I've seen it happen too many times to believe otherwise.

It depends on where you are. I wouldn't use NYPD or any large city PD as the example of what your average cop would do. None of the cops I know and/or worked with would have done this shit.

The_War_Wagon
12-28-21, 09:32
Coming to a liberal shiitehole near you!

TAZ
12-28-21, 09:52
It depends on where you are. I wouldn't use NYPD or any large city PD as the example of what your average cop would do. None of the cops I know and/or worked with would have done this shit.

Not really. Human beings don’t stop being human beings. Americans treated blacks like cattle. Americans rounded up native Americans and killed them. Americans lynched black folks after the civil war. Americans arrested blacks for eating at white restaurants, drinking out of white fountains…. We are not immune from retardation. The longer politicians stay in office the more corrupt they get. The more corrupt they get the more corruption they surround themselves with…

Give human beings an excuse to rationalize their actions and they will follow orders as anyone else. Black we’re not people. Native Americans were savages. The unvaxxed are plague spreaders. Gun owners are domestic terrorist. Whatever the buzz word of the decade may be, history has shown that it works.

There are outliers, but that is all they are.

markm
12-28-21, 10:00
When you can get a batch of retards to wear useless masks, your compliance conditioning starts to show promise. I still have faith that there are large pockets of people with functioning brain matter.

georgeib
12-28-21, 10:01
Not really. Human beings don’t stop being human beings. Americans treated blacks like cattle. Americans rounded up native Americans and killed them. Americans lynched black folks after the civil war. Americans arrested blacks for eating at white restaurants, drinking out of white fountains…. We are not immune from retardation. The longer politicians stay in office the more corrupt they get. The more corrupt they get the more corruption they surround themselves with…

Give human beings an excuse to rationalize their actions and they will follow orders as anyone else. Black we’re not people. Native Americans were savages. The unvaxxed are plague spreaders. Gun owners are domestic terrorist. Whatever the buzz word of the decade may be, history has shown that it works.

There are outliers, but that is all they are.

Yup, exactly. And don't forget the Japs are enemies and must be rounded up into camps. Our history is replete with examples of our cognitive dissonance. People will continue to be people, so don't bet that will change any time soon. When the unconstitutional orders go out, there will be plenty who will oblige.

georgeib
12-28-21, 10:04
When you can get a batch of retards to wear useless masks, your compliance conditioning starts to show promise. I still have faith that there are large pockets of people with functioning brain matter.

If you will forgive the tired example, the Revolution showed us what percentage of the population will actually act on their convictions. There are a lot more people who will complain and say they don't agree with what's happening, but when push comes to shove, only a few will actually exhibit the courage of their convictions. It's always been so, and it won't change anytime soon.

glocktogo
12-28-21, 10:15

NYPD accounts for approximately 36,000 officers on the streets. That's four times as many as my entire state. The generally recognized "crapholes" have a 2 to 1 concentration of cops versus the average city, and a 4 to 1 concentration over nice cities. So the "average" cop that the "average" citizen would encounter, is far more likely to look like the jackboots we see in this video. Officer Friendly who just wants to keep the peace and not hang paper on anyone they feel like, is rapidly becoming the minority. Videos like this should be alarming because the people they're putting in the back of a panel van ARE average citizens just trying to eat a meal in peace. :(

Here are some telling stats for reference:

https://www.governing.com/archive/police-officers-per-capita-rates-employment-for-city-departments.html

LoboTBL
12-28-21, 10:41

Believe me, I wish it wasn't the case and I know of more than a few who would without a doubt tell higher ranking supervisors to pound sand (or something similar) and walk away before they'd be part of anything like the BS in that video...but, the majority in LE (especially in large municipal departments and certainly the alphabet feds) will do exactly as they're told with few exceptions. All chiefs in large metropolitan departments are political appointees with political aspirations of their own and/or puppets that do the mayors bidding for the most part. Smaller municipal departments are not immune but may be less likely depending on the area.

utahjeepr
12-28-21, 11:05
Expecting anyone to risk their position and livelihood to protect your constitutional rights is a dangerous gamble.

The safe bet is that your local cops will kick in your door at the bequest of an authoritarian regime. They might grumble amongst themselves that it "ain't right", but they'll do it. History has shown this to be the case time and time again. Some may take a stand, and be steamrolled. Others may stand aside and find another line of work. But most will bow to the will of Caesar.

I am not faulting individual cops, I am faulting human nature.

sgtrock82
12-28-21, 11:20
"Just following orders" now playing in a city near you

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

glocktogo
12-28-21, 11:58
Expecting anyone to risk their position and livelihood to protect your constitutional rights is a dangerous gamble.

The safe bet is that your local cops will kick in your door at the bequest of an authoritarian regime. They might grumble amongst themselves that it "ain't right", but they'll do it. History has shown this to be the case time and time again. Some may take a stand, and be steamrolled. Others may stand aside and find another line of work. But most will bow to the will of Caesar.

I am not faulting individual cops, I am faulting human nature.

Oh I don't expect it, but I WILL demand it! :mad:

Disciple
12-28-21, 18:21
Did the owner of this restaurant ask for these arrests? Give permission? Protest them? That detail is rather important.

just a scout
12-28-21, 19:15
Did the owner of this restaurant ask for these arrests? Give permission? Protest them? That detail is rather important.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211229/02be30dd5e3198c403b2dcfd6e5f0d3e.gif

SteveS
12-28-21, 19:21
We will find [we are waking up to find?] our government employees and the military will serve their masters as Hitler's government employees and the military served Hitler. If you pay attention our politicians. government employees and the military have Bankrupted the U.S and are destroying this republic. The are the enemy of the U.S. not Russia, China Iran or N. Korea.

SteveS
12-28-21, 19:30
We live in interesting times.

SteveS
12-28-21, 19:32
Indeed. Just remember Hitlers German government employees and his military. they obey orders. Ours will prove little different.

flenna
12-28-21, 19:36
So when do the BLM/Antifa "protests" start? Racist cops arresting POC for eating a burger without their emancipation papers.

Fortunately there is no other crime in NYC, thus giving the NYPD time to go after those patronizing restaurants without proper documentation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-thief-elderly-woman-cane-robbery-attack-police

Tanner
12-28-21, 19:56

Many, being a dozen ? two dozen? if that many? Out of what a +/- 35,000 member force? As some have implied, .mil and .LE are no different from the SS and gestapo of nazi Germany. They will follow orders mindlessly. Several books attest to this, read "Ordinary Men" for starters. The question is, will the easily manipulated, subservient and cowardly populace comply to whatever abusive edicts the .gov wantonly decides to proclaim or will the population be familiar with the work of Solzhenitsyn and respond accordingly? Interesting times indeed.

Disciple
12-28-21, 20:10
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211229/02be30dd5e3198c403b2dcfd6e5f0d3e.gif

You are implying that I am trying to be willfully ignorant of what is happening? I do not think I am. Do you not think it is relevant to ask about the context of this video?

just a scout
12-28-21, 20:48
You are implying that I am trying to be willfully ignorant of what is happening? I do not think I am. Do you not think it is relevant to ask about the context of this video?

Not implying anything on what you said. Just that the cops are gonna cop until they can draw their pensions. Regardless of what a business owner says. No knock on you at all. If anything, I’m agreeing with you.

seb5
12-28-21, 20:53
Here's one thing I really think most of you are very much forgetting. The cops, local, state, or fed, are us. They live with us. I live with you. In my county there are roughly 130,000. When you add up fed, state, and local cops it comes up to around 260 and many don't live in the county. They (we) live next to you, our kids go to school with your kids, we go to the same churches our wives work here. If anyone wanted to do this there would be people willing to put it on the line. How do you think the offensive from the citizens would look?

I say this as a retired(Jan 1, 2022) military member and 30 year cop. My neighbors know who I am and I'm the only cop in my neighborhood. Do you really think if I ordered my deputies to confiscate firearms, they would? There's not a chance in hell in Arkansas that would work. My house would burn and I'd be shot getting in my car. How many times do you think that would repeat itself before the rank and file said no more? We have a lot of feds in our area (maybe 25) because we have a federal courthouse but they live in the same subdivisions and small towns as the rest of us and have families as well. I know I wouldn't put my employees, thier families, and my families lives at risk to enforce an unconstitutional federal law, or state law. It's that simple. The rural areas are not the same as the big cesspools, um cities.

Tanner
12-28-21, 20:59
Here's one thing I really think most of you are very much forgetting. The cops, local, state, or fed, are us. They live with us. I live with you. In my county there are roughly 130,000. When you add up fed, state, and local cops it comes up to around 260 and many don't live in the county. They (we) live next to you, our kids go to school with your kids, we go to the same churches our wives work here. If anyone wanted to do this there would be people willing to put it on the line. How do you think the offensive from the citizens would look?

I say this as a retired(Jan 1, 2022) military member and 30 year cop. My neighbors know who I am and I'm the only cop in my neighborhood. Do you really think if I ordered my deputies to confiscate firearms, they would? There's not a chance in hell in Arkansas that would work. My house would burn and I'd be shot getting in my car. How many times do you think that would repeat itself before the rank and file said no more? We have a lot of feds in our area (maybe 25) because we have a federal courthouse but they live in the same subdivisions and small towns as the rest of us and have families as well. I know I wouldn't put my employees, thier families, and my families lives at risk to enforce an unconstitutional federal law, or state law. It's that simple. The rural areas are not the same as the big cesspools, um cities.

Your location/situation is not 'common'. The threat is in cities like NY, LA, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Atlanta, etc etc, where LE resides far from the areas they will abuse and retribution may be problematic.

georgeib
12-28-21, 21:44
LEOs enforcing unconstitutional laws to "protect their retirement" are, at best, delaying the inevitable. Eating the lifeboat to keep from starving isn't going to stave off your demise; it may indeed be hastening it. This nation ONLY survives if those in a position to say, "No further!" actually do so. Betraying the Constitution and thereby the Nation, in order to save your own skin, is not only treasonous, but also blind to the reality that you are hastening the sinking of the very ship on which your survival depends.

This nation survives no longer than the Constitution on which it was founded. Don't doubt it.

RUTGERS95
12-28-21, 21:53
From what Ive seen at Waco, during Hurricane Katrina, Ruby Ridge, and many many more instances, anyone who believes the MAJORITY of LE will disobey orders from gun confiscation to about anything else, is living on a river called DENIAL.
Same goes for the US military.

agree
pathetic

THCDDM4
12-28-21, 22:09

Yes, it will vary by location, however you’re correct.

Many lists exist with addresses of local LEO’s, Judges, DA’s, political activists, etc.

If the “just following orders” crowd thinks they’ll be safe, they’re wrong.

Gotta stop to sleep sometime, gotta eat, gotta pick the kids up; there will be blood to shed on both sides if it comes to it.

Local accountability lists are a real thing and anyone even thinking of following unconstitutional orders should know that they are likely on one or two of those lists.

Jellybean
12-29-21, 00:25
1) The fact that that many cops showed up to the location with a van and extra flexxies pretty much says everything you need to know. Quite obviously a "public crackdown" stunt designed to "encourage" the hesitant into unity. :rolleyes:

2) That being said, the amount of heckling they were getting, from what seemed a large portion of the patrons, was heartening, given it's NY after all...
Makes you wonder if perhaps they got a "tip" about the place being a "noncompliance hotspot" or some such.

And they wonder why people are fleeing NY left and right....

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-29-21, 01:39
I know it won't actually change anything, but cops better figure out who their friends are. The left tried to defund them and put them in jail or bankrupt them for doing their jobs. Those same leaders are trying to get cops to act against what most people would think are usually pro-LEO demographics. It won't take long for those demographics to turn their backs on the cops- and who exactly then will have the cops backs???

Of course, a breakdown in society is what the progressive collectivists want, so they can rebuild it in their own twisted way...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-29-21, 01:57
I assume most here know I've been a cop for the last nine years. It's getting harder and harder to defend the actions of law enforcement as a whole when I see these things. I can assure you that we are not all this way, but I understand how that falls on deaf ears after watching videos like this. I detest these NYPD thugs and traitors. Not only are they traitors to the badge, but they are traitors to the people of this country.

I can't say I don't know officers out here in Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming that wouldn't follow orders in the face of firing/shame. But I know far more that are already one-foot out the door and ready to walk if they have to do that kind of nonsense. But again, not every cop is a conservative, gun-loving, constitutionalist. We are recruited from American society, and we look/vote much like our society does, albeit far more conservatively than most.

I seethe when I watch this stuff, and I publicly detest it. I encourage my coworkers to do that as well. But I know it's going to happen again, and again, and again.

The government is not your friend. Never has been, never will be. I appreciate the "Cops Lives Matter" support, but never blindly support your government. I've worked for the federal/county/municipal governments since I was 19, I certainly have a healthy distrust of government as a whole. I'll continue to police based on what I know to be constitutionally correct, fair, reasonable, and legal. I pray other cops do too.

SBRSarge
12-29-21, 02:13
What I saw were cops making arrests for “criminal trespass”, after the patrons were clearly told that those without proof of vax would be arrested if they remained there. It seems that the restaurant would have to have wanted/requested the enforcement for it to be trespass since the restaurant would be the victim of the trespass.

Simple solution, leave and never patronize the place again.

The more troubling thing is that the restaurant can deny service to this arbitrary class of people (those who chose to not get vaxxed for whatever reason), but would be sued and/or prosecuted for civil rights violations if they denied service to a ‘protected class’.

I’m not up on NY laws. Is there a specific law about not entering restaurants without a vax card?

In any event, that many cops tied up enforcing this is asinine.

just a scout
12-29-21, 05:49
What I saw were cops making arrests for “criminal trespass”, after the patrons were clearly told that those without proof of vax would be arrested if they remained there. It seems that the restaurant would have to have wanted/requested the enforcement for it to be trespass since the restaurant would be the victim of the trespass.

The more troubling thing is that the restaurant can deny service to this arbitrary class of people (those who chose to not get vaxxed for whatever reason), but would be sued and/or prosecuted for civil rights violations if they denied service to a ‘protected class’.

I’m not up on NY laws. Is there a specific law about not entering restaurants without a vax card?

AFAIK, it’s an ordinance signed by Deblasio to mandate vax cards.

glocktogo
12-29-21, 09:49
I know it won't actually change anything, but cops better figure out who their friends are. The left tried to defund them and put them in jail or bankrupt them for doing their jobs. Those same leaders are trying to get cops to act against what most people would think are usually pro-LEO demographics. It won't take long for those demographics to turn their backs on the cops- and who exactly then will have the cops backs???

Of course, a breakdown in society is what the progressive collectivists want, so they can rebuild it in their own twisted way...

AFAIK, it’s an ordinance signed by Deblasio to mandate vax cards.

This is the crux of the entire issue. DeBlasio hates the NYPD. The NYPD hates DeBlasio, to the point they passed a vote of no confidence in DeBlasio back in 2019. Yet this event STILL happened. It's pure "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" BS. You'd think these officers would be above frog marching diners into a paddy wagon for the heinous crime of existing while their children cry, but they're not. That is a cop problem. They have to own that. The profession has to own it.

Back when we had mask mandates in my AOR, the largest police agency flatly refused to enforce it. Know what the mayor did? Nothing. The NYPD could refuse to enforce this vax mandate too, but they lack the courage to do so. They don't care about the citizen's right to choose regarding their own bodies. No amount of "just doing my job and protecting my pension" will cover up that turd. :(

AndyLate
12-29-21, 11:12
We have learned nothing from the marxists.

If you are arrested during a protest - scream, soil yourself and then become limp so the police have to drag/carry you while you cry loudly about brutality and the zip ties being too tight. Bonus points if you have not bathed for a week and have lice.

You don't stroll to the paddy wagon while exchanging pleasantries with the arresting officers.

Andy

Averageman
12-29-21, 11:32

If you are arrested during a protest - scream, soil yourself and then become limp so the police have to drag/carry you while you cry loudly about brutality and the zip ties being too tight. Bonus points if you have not bathed for a week and have lice.

You don't stroll to the paddy wagon while exchanging pleasantries with the arresting officers.

Andy

Andy;
How do we know this wasn't a publicity stunt used to encourage the unvaxxed to stay home and cower in fear?

BoringGuy45
12-29-21, 12:59

Andy

No, that's exactly how you do it. That's how the MLK Jr. and his followers did it. It's civil disobedience. The point is to say "I respect this country and the community, but I refuse to follow this unjust law. I will be arrested for it in order to show that this is not justice."

AndyLate
12-29-21, 13:16
No, that's exactly how you do it. That's how the MLK Jr. and his followers did it. It's civil disobedience. The point is to say "I respect this country and the community, but I refuse to follow this unjust law. I will be arrested for it in order to show that this is not justice."

No disrespect to MLK or his contemporaries but it was a different world then.

Andy

jbjh
12-29-21, 14:29
No disrespect to MLK or his contemporaries but it was a different world then.

Andy

Sure was. You mean people being beaten in the street, having dogs loosed on you, and fire hoses turned on crowds, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyLate
12-29-21, 18:51
Sure was. You mean people being beaten in the street, having dogs loosed on you, and fire hoses turned on crowds, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of that but also the majority of Americans respected the way the civil rights leaders protested.

Its not exciting enough to make the news now.

Andy

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-29-21, 19:28
I assume most here know I've been a cop for the last nine years. It's getting harder and harder to defend the actions of law enforcement as a whole when I see these things. I can assure you that we are not all this way, but I understand how that falls on deaf ears after watching videos like this. I detest these NYPD thugs and traitors. Not only are they traitors to the badge, but they are traitors to the people of this country.

I can't say I don't know officers out here in Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming that wouldn't follow orders in the face of firing/shame. But I know far more that are already one-foot out the door and ready to walk if they have to do that kind of nonsense. But again, not every cop is a conservative, gun-loving, constitutionalist. We are recruited from American society, and we look/vote much like our society does, albeit far more conservatively than most.

I seethe when I watch this stuff, and I publicly detest it. I encourage my coworkers to do that as well. But I know it's going to happen again, and again, and again.

The government is not your friend. Never has been, never will be. I appreciate the "Cops Lives Matter" support, but never blindly support your government. I've worked for the federal/county/municipal governments since I was 19, I certainly have a healthy distrust of government as a whole. I'll continue to police based on what I know to be constitutionally correct, fair, reasonable, and legal. I pray other cops do too.

Great points. Remember, the teachers and police are so happy with local govt, that they insist on having unions to protect them from these very same governments...

Sometimes I think getting cops like you quit is a feature, not a bug in this whole thing. Going back to Obama wanting a civilian force, to getting little Beria's into places of power.

just a scout
12-29-21, 20:35
Great points. Remember, the teachers and police are so happy with local govt, that they insist on having unions to protect them from these very same governments...

Sometimes I think getting cops like you quit is a feature, not a bug in this whole thing. Going back to Obama wanting a civilian force, to getting little Beria's into places of power.

This exactly is part of The Plan.

jsbhike
12-30-21, 08:41
Rick Gore on another NYC/NYPD action and he points out the culpability of the restaurant management and chain as well as NY LE and .gov in general.

https://youtu.be/GAktxIkmevQ