PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Federal LE127 and F127 .00 buck? w/ photos

geezerbutler
12-14-08, 21:08
I recently ordered Federal LE 127 9 pellet .00 buck w/ flite control from an LE distributor.

What I got was regular federal premium F127 9 pellet..00 Buck.

Becasue the price point was excellent at about $100 shipped for 250 rounds, and it's not like it was crap ammo, I held on to it instead of raising the discrepancy since I was charged for F127, not LE127

I was able to compare the Federal LE127 buck and the Federal Premium F127 Buck and there are differences in the length of the brass as well as the plastic shell itself (LE shell is smooth, whereas civie shell is ribbed (for her pleasure).

Also they are both 2 3/4 shells but the LE127 shell is a bit longer.

Question, does all this matter?!

I never got around to seeing what this LE dealer would charge for actual LE127 Buck, but since I already had a case of that prior to the order, I'm just going to hold tight.

I guess the main question I have is about the patterning differences between the two.

Do I really want my pattern to not get much bigger than a pie plate or something like that at 10-20 yds?

I mean if you have to hit a real traget, I don't think it's going to be standing there "looking down the barrel of a gun" - Beasties reference - so a little spread like with the regular F127 might be better.

I've got to do better on limiting my intake of Thunderbird and Old Crow.....

GEEZER

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_JAPdm6GhhJM/SSgL52MEh1I/AAAAAAAAAMc/MEf_j38b1kE/s800/IMG_4051.jpg

markm
12-15-08, 07:33
Tight patterning would be a desireable trait if you must fight with a shotgun.

RWK
12-16-08, 07:26
Personally, I'd be more than a little upset if I'd received something other than what I'd ordered.

Standard 00 buckshot produces a pattern of approximately 24" at 25 yds. 00 with the FliteControl wad produces a pattern of about 10 - 12" at the same distance. The reason I like a shotgun at close ranges is because with one trigger pull I can launch 9, .33 cal pellets at just over 1300 fps. By using a load with the FliteControl wad I can keep 7 of 9 pellets within about an 8" radius at 25 yds. What's not to love? If I wanted extreme accuracy, I'd use a rifle or carbine; if I wanted extreme pattern spread, I'd use #1 or #4 buckshot.

Iraqgunz
12-16-08, 16:47
geezer,

Sorry to hear that you got screwed. If you can locate some Federal LE 133 I highly recommend it. I think Markm will verify that when we shot this back in October it had a damn tight pattern.

geezerbutler
12-16-08, 18:58
Well, I have to take some, if not all of resonsibility in the screw-up.

I just looked at the fax I had to send in to place the order and I put 1 case of "Federal LE-F127"

I wish they could have caught it and said
"I wonder if he wants the LE or the F 127, but they didn't.

I think the guy I talked to when iquiring about the ammo was saying 'F127" and I thought well maybe that's part of the product # of the LE127 so It really was miscommunication.

Like I said it's not like it's crap ammo, and I actually have a remington shorty coming in soon with a modified choke that will make it do the same thing +/- as the flite control version.

It's a little late, but I still think I'll call the rep and let him know that I meant to order something other than what I ordered :D:D