PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Ammo Vs Federal (Casing Size?)

Northwoods
12-14-08, 22:34
I have bought some Wolf .223 and also some Federal .223. When i compare the two side by side, the wolf ammo is noticably larger diameter... why is this?

rangertab1
12-14-08, 22:45
Not sure about the size difference. I am on a crusade (little crusade) to stear folks away from Wolf. Look where its made. If your kool with who makes it, keep buying, if not, buy American. Goodluck.

10MMGary
12-15-08, 09:48
Not sure about the size difference. I am on a crusade (little crusade) to stear folks away from Wolf. Look where its made. If your kool with who makes it, keep buying, if not, buy American. Goodluck.

What do you have against Serbia?:confused:

Northwoods FWIW, according to my micrometer it is the same diameter.

Steve in PA
12-15-08, 10:05
Optical illusion.

Northwoods
12-15-08, 16:22
What do you have against Serbia?:confused:

Northwoods FWIW, according to my micrometer it is the same diameter.

I did the completely (un)scientific test of putting the two behind my back, rotating them around for a good minute... then guessed what one was larger.. sure enough it was wolf.. *shrug*

rangertab1
12-15-08, 20:28
I don't have anything against Russia, nor Serbia for that matter. Americans could learn alot from these folks. They are hard and smart. However, I know both clans rather well and they ain't great fans of ours. We are a customer to them, but in time, our money will mean less than our failure as a country.

I am serious about my bullets and I made the switch, which has cost me a few hundred dollars more, but I feel better deep down in my heart:) I practice with what I hunt with:) No doubt, Wolf is reliable, available, and cheap, but it will change, this I am certain. I have, with satisfaction, shot well over 10k .45 & .223 Wolf bullets. I got a bad feeling about our future with these guys, however, and I have officially broken off my love affair. Cheers.

PS. I love Marines.

Cagemonkey
12-15-08, 20:45
I don't have anything against Russia, nor Serbia for that matter. Americans could learn alot from these folks. They are hard and smart. However, I know both clans rather well and they ain't great fans of ours. We are a customer to them, but in time, our money will mean less than our failure as a country.

I am serious about my bullets and I made the switch, which has cost me a few hundred dollars more, but I feel better deep down in my heart:) I practice with what I hunt with:) No doubt, Wolf is reliable, available, and cheap, but it will change, this I am certain. I have, with satisfaction, shot well over 10k .45 & .223 Wolf bullets. I got a bad feeling about our future with these guys, however, and I have officially broken off my love affair. Cheers.

PS. I love Marines. Glad to see you spend your money responsibly and hold yourself accountable for your purchase. I won't buy Wolf ammo neither. I don't trust Putin at all. As for the Serbs, I thought they were starting to become more pro-western.

rangertab1
12-15-08, 21:51
They are pro-western only to serve themselves. We mettled into their business back in the 90's and the hardcores over there will never forget how we handled their rage towards their neighbors, much of which was justified on their part. We stepped on their toes and it has not been forgotten.

Lots of good folks from Serbia, but we are nearing Civilization's End Game and all of Eastern Europe will turn on us when we no longer serve their economic needs. Anyway, Wolf Ammo is not welcome in any of my weapons anymore. I don't care how inexpensive it is. Seems like we would learn from sending our money overseas. These lessons and consequences are playing out everyday. Government has to bailout the broken American companies cause consumers are too worried about saving their hard earned money. Ironic ain't it. Glad you see it the same. Lots of Wolf lovers out there, but I am no longer one of them. Cheers.

10MMGary
12-15-08, 21:58

PS. I love Marines.

Oh OK, I had forgotten that the Russians make the majority of Wolf, I am a fan of the Russian people but have very serious concerns in regards to their government(Pukin in particular). I have been using a case of the Serbian Wolf 75 grain brass cased ammo and have gotten really good results with it accuracy wise in my WOA 1/7 twist barrel. I was under the same impression as Rangertab1 in regards to the Serbs, but realize that things like that can literally change overnight. I will also add that the over whelming majority of my ammo is good ole made in the USA brands.
Gary
P.S. Thanks for showing the Marines love. That means a lot to both the lovely wife and myself.

rangertab1
12-15-08, 22:08
Enjoyed the conversation. I gotta move on. See you guys around. Cheers.

tinman44
12-16-08, 01:26
Enjoyed the conversation. I gotta move on. See you guys around. Cheers.

wtf?

.....bye?......

rangertab1
12-16-08, 09:23
Hey Tinman44, I went to bed. I am lazy and like my sleep and my wife needed some lovin.

"wtf?", WTF? Did you want to discuss ammo?

Your 0340hrs post tells me you got lots of time/energy on your hands.