PDA

View Full Version : Patton's Driver Francis "Jeep" Sanza

WillBrink
12-30-21, 08:04
Great stuff.

Francis "Jeep" Sanza was drafted into the U.S. Army in the spring of 1941. Due to his mechanical prowess the army put him into the 3457th Ordnance Medium Auto Maintenance Company, where he began driving the tough new Willys MB 1/4-ton reconnaissance vehicles, later to be simply called the "Jeep".

Sanza was eventually chosen to be the personal driver and mechanic for General George S. Patton, one of the most important and revered generals of the Second World War.

Sanza's unique position gave him a window into the mind of one of the greatest strategists in modern military history, as he drove Patton across France and into Germany.

Francis "Jeep" Sanza passed away peacefully on January 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq8F95LrHD4

Hank6046
12-30-21, 08:11
Not quite the same story, but Jocko recently had on a guy who survived D-Day, amazing story that can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrEei6yrZaM&t=7708s

The_War_Wagon
12-30-21, 08:16
My college wingman's stepdad was Bradley's driver in WWII. neat guy.

RUTGERS95
12-30-21, 22:26
awesome posts, looking forward to watching

SteyrAUG
12-31-21, 01:28
Worst thing about that Bill O'Reilly POS is his book "Killing Patton" where he discusses the mysterious circumstances under which he died, suggesting he might have even been assassinated when everyone with a high school level understanding of history knows EXACTLY how he died and why.

But profiting from ignorance really isn't anything new to Bill Oh Really.

Disciple
01-01-22, 20:45
everyone with a high school level understanding of history knows EXACTLY how he died and why.

Is it supposed to be (in)famous? It was a long time before I was born and I don't think it was covered in class.

SteyrAUG
01-01-22, 21:58
Is it supposed to be (in)famous? It was a long time before I was born and I don't think it was covered in class.

He died from an auto accident. Everyone else in the vehicle survived but he took a head injury from a glass partition behind the front seat. He also took several days to die and was paralyzed from the accident. If he thought for a second anyone tried to assassinate him, he'd have said so.

But retards and conspiracy theorists have been "forever" so enough dipshits reported he died under "mysterious" circumstances and eventually Bill Dipshit wrote a book that somewhat legitimized their dumbass beliefs.

soulezoo
01-04-22, 22:22
"Brass Target" is a movie that runs on the assassination theme.

The_War_Wagon
01-05-22, 08:40

it takes a modicom of Bing-fu, because it's never been covered in grade school!