PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year..... yeah right!

JoeBobJoe
12-31-21, 13:38
So much more bull to look forward to in 2022, especially the covid restrictions.
I'm sure there's not much hope of improvement until early November, & we won't see that improvement till 2023.
I doubt prices will drop on crucial necessities like 9 & 556 before than, & I hate to see them eat light! I can eat less & turn down the thermostat & lights if I have to.
So here's looking ahead to all the simple daily problems of the new year, at least they'll keep us busy till November.

God Bless America for another year.

chuckman
12-31-21, 13:43
2021: cancer diagnosis, two surgeries, 2-week hospital stay, radiation, COVID (twice). Me, I'm ready for 2022: a Phoenix rising from the ashes, I will rise again stronger.

omegajb
12-31-21, 14:01
2021: cancer diagnosis, two surgeries, 2-week hospital stay, radiation, COVID (twice). Me, I'm ready for 2022: a Phoenix rising from the ashes, I will rise again stronger.[emoji109] Respect

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ABNAK
12-31-21, 14:48
I remember a year ago when everyone was ready to be done with 2020 in the worst way. Little did they know 2021 was going to be as bad or worse. Has me not holding out much hope for 2022.

ABNAK
12-31-21, 14:48
2021: cancer diagnosis, two surgeries, 2-week hospital stay, radiation, COVID (twice). Me, I'm ready for 2022: a Phoenix rising from the ashes, I will rise again stronger.

You had COVID twice?

Sam
12-31-21, 14:51
Happy f x cking new Year. Just had to spend $3000 on home repair. There goes my dream for a Wilson 1911 or Omega watch.

Sam
12-31-21, 14:52

Sorry to hear of your health issue. That stinks. I agree with you. We are also looking forward to a better new year as 21 hadn't been good to us.

Sam
12-31-21, 14:53

Sorry to hear of your health issue. That stinks. I agree with you. We are also looking forward to a better new year as 21 hadn't been good to us.

ABNAK
12-31-21, 14:54
Happy f x cking new Year. Just had to spend $3000 on home repair. There goes my dream for a Wilson 1911 or Omega watch.

Ah yes, the joys of home ownership......:rolleyes:

Disciple
12-31-21, 15:07
The Omicron variant is rapidly displacing Delta, and it appears to confer immunity for other variants while rarely producing serious illness itself. This appears to be the beginning of the end of COVID-19. Happy New Year!

Esq.
12-31-21, 15:11
Can't agree. Had the best two years financially in my life, by far, in the last 24 months.

Finished major repairs and upgrades on my office, home and rental properties.

Just today got an ad for tax free, shipping included, brass case 9mm at $15/50.I took delivery of a new Sionics rifle this week and a Sage Dynamics Agency Arms pistol 2 weeks ago...... Geisselle Super Duties are back in stock...

Car lots are slowly filling with new vehicles, interest rates still low, home prices becoming more reasonable, hell, even gas is down....

I live in Texas, we don't do Chinky Pox bullshit. We're building our own border wall, have put DPS and TXANG on the border. Got Constitutional Carry, TX Suppressor bill and many other pro 2A laws..

Life is good.

utahjeepr
12-31-21, 15:30
Hopin for the best, preparing for the worst.

Best wishes for y'all. Especially you Doc!

Scrubber3
12-31-21, 16:00
I'm finishing this year off with the rona... just her and I. But yeah, this has been a doodoo year for me health-wise and relationship-wise. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/6ca05f89b8f0a6d1d7c1cc101b1b63e5.jpg

JoeBobJoe
12-31-21, 16:08
I'm finishing this year off with the rona... just her and I. But yeah, this has been a doodoo year for me health-wise and relationship-wise. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211231/6ca05f89b8f0a6d1d7c1cc101b1b63e5.jpg

Hope you both feel better, & have a happy & healthy New Year.

JoeBobJoe
12-31-21, 16:09
Can't agree. Had the best two years financially in my life, by far, in the last 24 months.

Just today got an ad for tax free, shipping included, brass case 9mm at $15/50.I took delivery of a new Sionics rifle this week and a Sage Dynamics Agency Arms pistol 2 weeks ago...... Geisselle Super Duties are back in stock...

Car lots are slowly filling with new vehicles, interest rates still low, home prices becoming more reasonable, hell, even gas is down....

I live in Texas, we don't do Chinky Pox bullshit. We're building our own border wall, have put DPS and TXANG on the border. Got Constitutional Carry, TX Suppressor bill and many other pro 2A laws..

Life is good.

God Bless, hope next two years are even better.

JoeBobJoe
12-31-21, 16:10

Life is good.

God Bless, hope next two years are even better.

JoeBobJoe
12-31-21, 16:14

Amen, & God Bless!

donlapalma
12-31-21, 16:18
This has been the best (birth of my first child / son) and the worst (mom died from COVID-19) year of my life.

I wish everyone a very happy new year. Say what needs to be said. Do what needs to be done. Before it's too late. Before they're gone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ABNAK
12-31-21, 18:02
I think there are two facets to viewing a particular year: the personal one (i.e. how your life has been affected, be it good or bad, success or tragedy) and the "big picture" (i.e. the nation, the world, etc.).

The latter sucks as bad as it did in 2020, plus add in the inflation bonus and the fraudulent commie administration holding the reins of power. My personal life isn't any better or worse than last year, so I guess I can't complain. Did pay our house off, and haven't lost any loved ones in 2021.

AndyLate
12-31-21, 21:31
I have to say the "big picture" doesn't look as bad as I thought it would a year ago.

Personally, I can't complain about 2021. I had some health/mobility issues in 2020 that were much less severe this year. My wife and kids had good health all year.

Finally got off of my @ss and picked up an M1 Garand from the CMP, plus ran down an ammo belt, bayonet, sling, cleaning kit, etc for my Dad's Garand. Son came back on leave from Italy. My grandaughter is possibly cuter than ever. My portfolio increased by 6 figures for the 1st time.

Plenty of bad stuff to dwell on about this year, but why spend time regretting things you cannot change?

Andy

chuckman
12-31-21, 22:11
You had COVID twice?

Back in the summer, wasn't horrible; and just getting over it over the last week or so, this one really sucked. Came 'this' close to being admitted.

CRAMBONE
01-01-22, 01:51
Highs and lows man. Highs and lows. My girls loved tonight and they are still young enough they get excited staying up past 9pm, so new years is extra special for them. That’s what keeps us going. As long as they are healthy and happy then so are the wife and I.
Duck season has been horrible this year but it ain’t over yet and we should be finally getting some cold weather soon.
Had a power surge on Christmas Eve and it fried a lot of stuff, currently have no ac during this weird winter heat wave and it sucks, but the power company should be replacing everything with new stuff.
Bent a rim on the wife’s vehicle last night and that’ll be expensive but did it on vacation in the ozarks.
Our youngest is a few months old and I’ve gotten to be home for all of it so far.
Let my dream job slip through my fingers thanks to running too much and not doing enough strength training and in-taking enough protein but I’ve gotten to be home and work a desk 9-5 job. And got 12 weeks of baby leave.
My mom and mother in law both survived the coof even though they both have ridiculous amounts of conditions that would say other wise
We got to buy a boat, atv and a gas sipping car this year. None of them new or fancy but they work and do what they are supposed to.
Not in too much debt but trying to pay off what we do have. (Kids are expensive)
Overall I think 21 was a good year a little better than 20 in some ways but not a great year. Hoping 22 will be a great year.

Esq.
01-01-22, 05:54
I think there are two facets to viewing a particular year: the personal one (i.e. how your life has been affected, be it good or bad, success or tragedy) and the "big picture" (i.e. the nation, the world, etc.).

The latter sucks as bad as it did in 2020, plus add in the inflation bonus and the fraudulent commie administration holding the reins of power. My personal life isn't any better or worse than last year, so I guess I can't complain. Did pay our house off, and haven't lost any loved ones in 2021.

I can certainly agree with that to an extent. I say to an extent because I've pretty well given up on the things I can't control. I just don't give a shit about it, it's kinda liberating.

Brandon and Dome--- not a damn thing I can do about it. So, I concentrate on the ground under my feet and the Riflemans Quarter Mile and the rest of it is what it is...

Goethe is quoted as saying, "If everyone swept their own stoop, soon the whole world would be clean"

P2Vaircrewman
01-01-22, 15:50
Happy New Year you sum bitches.