PDA

View Full Version : RIP Betty White

WillBrink
12-31-21, 14:02
As if 2021 could not suck any more, just short of her 100th B Day too. She always seemed like such a cool lady.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53723448

omegajb
12-31-21, 14:05
Celebrities always go in 3's John Madden, Harry Reid and Betty White, if you can call Reid a celebrity.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ABNAK
12-31-21, 14:46
Always liked her. RIP Betty.

Averageman
12-31-21, 14:48
Always liked her. RIP Betty.
That's a good thing, didn't you two go to the prom together?

ABNAK
12-31-21, 14:50
That's a good thing, didn't you two go to the prom together?

Uh, I ain't 60 yet so exactly who went to prom with who?

utahjeepr
12-31-21, 15:26
Poor Ryan Reynolds.

Hank6046
12-31-21, 15:31
RIP Betty, some of her funny moments on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INHv5q2W3OU

LoboTBL
12-31-21, 15:58
RIP Betty. What a life she lived!

HMM
12-31-21, 15:59
You might be inclined to say Betty White is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Of course, you’d be wrong — sliced bread is the greatest thing since Betty White.

On July 7, 1928 — over six years after White was born — Otto Frederick Rohwedder’s bread-slicing machine was put to use at a bakery in Chillicothe, Mo

CharlieDeltaJuliet
12-31-21, 16:16
Rest In Peace, you are a legend.

HKGuns
12-31-21, 18:12
RIP Ms. White

Artos
12-31-21, 19:53
Poor Ryan Reynolds.

She nailed that role...my grandmother was the same age & loved that lady / always talked about her. Appeared to me one of the more classy hollywood icons??

ABNAK
12-31-21, 20:28
I could be wrong but she always struck me as apolitical. Of course that is quite unlike her many [younger] Hollywood counterparts.

Always thought she was a classy lady like Artos said.

Averageman
12-31-21, 20:47
Uh, I ain't 60 yet so exactly who went to prom with who?

Bwahaha.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-31-21, 21:10
We’ll, that leaves an opening on my Hall Pass list….

titsonritz
12-31-21, 21:29
Celebrities always go in 3's John Madden, Harry Reid and Betty White, if you can call Reid a celebrity.

Had not heard about Reid.

RIP Betty.

CRAMBONE
01-01-22, 01:55

When did Reid croak? And didn’t Betty White get real liberal the past few decades?

SteyrAUG
01-01-22, 04:22
She nailed that role...my grandmother was the same age & loved that lady / always talked about her. Appeared to me one of the more classy hollywood icons??

She got a little too "profanity for shock value" in her old age for my tastes. Have some class, go out in style. She was an early pioneer of 1950s topless pinups so never exactly been shy.

Sam
01-01-22, 10:33
Another loss today, Dan Reeves, former NFL coach/player, after long illness with dementia. RIP coach. Last week it was John Madden. Of course on Christmas day we lost the Rogue Warrior, Commander Richard Marcinko.

RIP to all.

hotrodder636
01-01-22, 12:03
RIP Betty White, you are an American icon!

hotrodder636
01-01-22, 12:04
You could sub Harry Reid with Richard Marcinko instead…
Had not heard about Reid.

RIP Betty.

HKGuns
01-04-22, 22:00
It seems Betty White had her booster shot two days before death.

Prior to that was claiming excellent health.

Coincidence?

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-05-22, 01:14
OR she was 99 years old? My grandmother is 95 and won't buy green bananas...

Averageman
01-05-22, 04:47

Coincidence?

I saw that, they're doing everything to hide it aren't they?

HKGuns
01-05-22, 04:48
I saw that, they're doing everything to hide it aren't they?

Yep. Shocking isn't it?

Averageman
01-05-22, 05:38
Yep. Shocking isn't it?

Not at this point, everything is a lie, nothing out of the MSM is a surprise.
We are being duped by some experts, once you can see behind the curtain, no amount of trying to enlighten others nothing seems to work does it?
I'm so disappointed in my peers. Post Watergate, why did we continue to trust those in power? I'm the last of the Boomers, we could have changed this Country, instead we took the money and let it go on.

SteyrAUG
01-05-22, 20:28

Coincidence?

People magazine killed her with their "Betty White celebrates her 100th Birthday" cover.

SteyrAUG
01-05-22, 20:32

Coincidence?

Honestly, considering that most vaccinations are "low dose" infections rather than "cures", your statement might be accurate to some degree. Her mild dose of covid might have been enough to put her over the edge but the truth is full dose covid would have absolutely wiped her out.

I strongly suspect everyone involved believed she was healthy enough to handle it and maybe they were wrong. I do know the second shot of the vaccine kicked my ass hard.

But it isn't like it's the "death vax" like some people want it to be. We'd be in double digit millions by now.

Averageman
01-06-22, 02:49
Honestly, considering that most vaccinations are "low dose" infections rather than "cures", your statement might be accurate to some degree. Her mild dose of covid might have been enough to put her over the edge but the truth is full dose covid would have absolutely wiped her out.

I strongly suspect everyone involved believed she was healthy enough to handle it and maybe they were wrong. I do know the second shot of the vaccine kicked my ass hard.

But it isn't like it's the "death vax" like some people want it to be. We'd be in double digit millions by now.

This,
If she was my Grandmother, do you think I would have drove her down there fpr her "shot"?

SteyrAUG
01-06-22, 03:57
This,
If she was my Grandmother, do you think I would have drove her down there fpr her "shot"?

It's a tough call at 99.

You don't get the shot and she gets full strength covid and dies, then you spend the rest of your life wondering if you screwed up and should have taken her to get the booster.

On the other hand, you get the booster shot, it kicks her ass and taxes a system that is already near "end of life" and it's enough to put her over and then you spend the rest of your life wondering if you screwed up and should have told her it might be more harm than good at this point.

Lacking an effective crystal ball we do our best based upon what we think is sound, after listening to medical experts and taking in to consideration the wishes of the elderly family member in question. Under ideal circumstances it's a shit show with no best answer or certainty of outcome.

Factor in hysteria from both sides and a lot of people are making hard decisions with bad information.

Betty White was 99, I doubt seriously she would have survived any covid infection. The question was could she survive the booster shot and was that the best course of action for her current health status. If it was my grandmother, and she felt she needed it, I wouldn't be the guy to say no. I might think it's a bad idea with risk factors almost equal to the virus itself, but I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't tell her that if she was lucid and making personal medical decisions.

And for all we know, she got exposed last year and survived due to previous vaccinations. We don't know her medical history. So let's not politicize a medical issue because other idiots are politicizing a medical issue. Let's stay on track and put out sound information rather than unfounded clickbait and do our best to discuss the issue like grown ups who actually care about people.

At this point it seems Betty White got 99.9 mostly good years and seems to have lived a decent life and that is more than most people can hope for in terms of longevity and quality of days. Anything beyond that is mostly speculation that really isn't helping anyone.

If I get 99.9 years and I'm done in by some immunity inoculation that was intended to keep me from dying in the next 6 months, I probably will grumble a bit, but I also don't want to spend my last six months dying from some painful and drawn out illness that I had a "chance" to knock out but decided not to. My goal it to try and die with as much dignity and with as little regret as possible. It really isn't the time to discuss my carbon footprint status or if the immunity shot is actually a government mind control project.

jsbhike
01-06-22, 11:50
Going on the 2 way street theory, prevaccine they could have fished her out of a car wreck with fire and had they got positive covid test during autopsy there is an above average chance that the cause of death wouldn't have been blunt force trauma, burning, or anything else.