PDA

View Full Version : I can't contain my joy... NXS 3.5-15x50 on the way...

Rmplstlskn
11-16-06, 18:51
To make a long story short, originally had a used IOR 2.5-10x42 in a Larue SPR mount but the IOR had problems and went back to seller. So I was on the optics hunt again...

Tonight I am thrilled as I just cemented the deal on a scope I never would have thought I would ever own... a pristine Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 scope with NP-R2 reticle. Got a deal too good to pass up. I'm on Cloud 9 tonight... :D

Just wanted to share my joy...

Rmpl

Chris_C
11-16-06, 18:54
Thats cool. I can understand your Joy. My new years resolution will be to get a ACOG, and I think I will be stoked as well.

Those NF's are nice. Good luck, lets see her when she gets in.

Rmplstlskn
11-24-06, 18:11
Finished mounting the Nightforce scope on my 18" AR... Man, what a clear view through that glass! It was a bit longer than I thought with the sunshade, but I think the large objective and 15x magnification will suit my purposes well.

Check out the pics at the "Precision AR Pics" section...
Rmpl's Ameetec AR & Nightforce scope (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=23102#post23102)

I plan on zeroing it and setting focus tomorrow with some MK262 seconds. I then have quite a few batches of handloads for testing. I have begining to experiment with the AA2520 powder, which some believe is the powder Black Hills uses in that MK262 round. I usually use Rx-15 or Varget... It will be a great time at the range to be sure...

Rmpl