PDA

View Full Version : Criterion barrel wait times

colt107
01-09-22, 03:21
Hello, not sure if this is correct place to post. But I was wondering if anyone has any info to if criterion is accurate with their current lead times? A 11.5 core barrel states it at a 1-2 month lead time which isn’t bad. But would hate to order and it end up taking a lot longer. I get things happen, but figured I’d ask before tossing my name in line. Thanks!

HKGuns
01-09-22, 10:26
I can't answer your question, because I didn't see the point in getting in line.

There are a ton of excellent, in stock, barrel options out there. I went elsewhere and am completely satisfied, perhaps if more people did this they would catch up more quickly.

DG23
01-09-22, 10:44
I can't answer your question, because I didn't see the point in getting in line.

There are a ton of excellent, in stock, barrel options out there. I went elsewhere and am completely satisfied, perhaps if more people did this they would catch up more quickly.

A bunch of stuff I would like to have is not in stock or 'available' right now. And screw substituting for something else...

OP needs to contact his Criterion dealer / seller directly and ask them himself.

colt107
01-09-22, 10:47
A bunch of stuff I would like to have is not in stock or 'available' right now. And screw substituting for something else...

OP needs to contact his Criterion dealer / seller directly and ask them himself.
Reason I’m asking here is because I called criterion and they said they wouldn’t give me a definite answer or anything due to customers getting mad even if it went a day over the wait time. So figured I’d ask here to see if anyone had any first hand experience with it. Ordering directly from criterion.

Stopsign32v
01-09-22, 11:07
Reason I’m asking here is because I called criterion and they said they wouldn’t give me a definite answer or anything due to customers getting mad even if it went a day over the wait time. So figured I’d ask here to see if anyone had any first hand experience with it. Ordering directly from criterion.

So they won't give you a definite answer...And now you want us to give you an answer for them?

Just order it and when it comes in you will get it. In the meantime find something else to occupy your time and before you know it the barrel will show up in your email under tracking information. January 2022 is not the time to be impatient.

DG23
01-09-22, 11:19

Sounds reasonable on their part.

Sometimes things are worth waiting for...

ETA -

Skip to 15:30 for his Criterion segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcaUrswfYUo

Something I noticed watching that - How clean it is considering his low round count and him claiming to have never cleaned it.

The gas port erosion shows it has not been fired a bunch but still... That fouling is minimal as hell. Why is that?

Why is it that we can take two different barrels to the range with perfectly clean bores and shoot an equal number of rounds from each out of the same exact can / lot of ammo but when it comes time to clean up at the end of the day one in particular has much less stuff sticking to it?

RHINOWSO
01-09-22, 11:51
Delivery times are between 1 week and 2 years.

Maybe.

At least that is what I guess would be accurate to 75% probability.

Good luck.

opngrnd
01-09-22, 13:15
Make sure to look at websites who stock their barrels. Forward Controls Design recently had 16" Criterion Core barrels. Beyond that, there are certainly other good options available.

DG23
01-09-22, 13:25
Make sure to look at websites who stock their barrels. Forward Controls Design recently had 16" Criterion Core barrels. Beyond that, there are certainly other good options available.

Yep.

We offer Bartlein, Krieger, Douglas and Criterion Barrels. Majority of our barrels are turned to order and will ship within 12-14 weeks.

He could have one built with any contour he could dream up.

titsonritz
01-09-22, 17:39

I used their email question system and had a reply in about an hour on May 5, 2020...

Do you have an approx. ETA on your 12.5" CORE barrels?

We are expecting the 12.5'' CORE Series barrels to be completing production in approximately 3 weeks. These barrels have been in extremely high demand and although we have produced thousands of these barrels they have been difficult to keep on the shelves. If you are interested in getting one of the CORE Series barrels from the next production run, I would strongly encourage you to place an order for one on back-order. This will ensure that you get one as soon as they are completed with production. Because we allow backorders to be placed we are already selling out of our next production run. I have been using the CORE Series barrels for the past several months and I think that you will really like the balance, heat dissipation, accuracy, and reliability they present. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Michael Ross
mike@criterionbarrels.com

W172N13050 Division Rd. | Germantown, WI 53022
Phone: (262) 628-8749 | www.criterionbarrels.com

I place the order and he was right on at 3 weeks I got a shipping notice, but who knows what it is like now.

georgeib
01-09-22, 21:08
According to their website, they say that the backorder on the 12.5" CORE barrels is 5-7 months. Looks like it's going to be a little while before those are back in. OTOH, the 10.5 and 11.5" barrels are 1-2 months out. If I were the OP, I'd order the 11.5.

Wake27
01-09-22, 21:38
These pop up for sale NIB on tacswap every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowNotEverything
01-10-22, 22:29
https://www.ripcordindustries.com/product-page/criterion-core-series-barrel-12-5-mid-length

12.5 w matched bolt available

DG23
01-10-22, 23:28
https://www.ripcordindustries.com/product-page/criterion-core-series-barrel-12-5-mid-length

Saw a few pictures with BCM bolts there.

Not a bad deal at all it seems...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-11-22, 20:53

Hmmm, I may buy that. Is there really any difference between a Criterion and a Ballistic Advantage Hansen barrel?
/

titsonritz
01-11-22, 22:04
Hmmm, I may buy that. Is there really any difference between a Criterion and a Ballistic Advantage Hansen barrel?
/

The Criterion has a Chrome-lined, Phosphate finish while the Ballistic Advantage Hanson is QPQ. If going with a 12.3" Hanson, the gas journal is .75 vs .625 for the Criterion. The profile of Criterion has a more constant taper where the Hanson reduces to a near consistent diameter after the chamber. I like the Criterion.

Black_Sheep
01-12-22, 07:05
When I ordered a CORE barrel and BCM BCG, Criterion shipped them within the projected lead time.