PDA

View Full Version : LMT Piston showed up.....

billybronco
12-15-08, 10:43
...about an hour ago.

I'm just now beginning to settle down...This thing is NO joke.

Came with TD rail covers, H2 buffer and a torque wrench for removing the barrel (along with instructions, obviously).

Gonna slap my LT rear sight on when I get home and then an LMT front sight and a TD QD stubby on Friday when they get here.

No optics on deck just yet. Partly cuz my wallet ran dry for some reason. A T1 may grace the rail before the end of next quarter, however....

X300 gonna ride at 12 o'clock in front of the sight come Friday as well....

billybronco
12-15-08, 10:47
In case anybody's curious, Mike from Rainier Arms made contact with me last week. In mid November, I sent them a message requesting when they were expecting these uppers.

Less than 12 hours later, he said he'd notify me once they arrived.

I figured I'd never hear from him again.....Sorry, just being honest.

HOWEVER....Much to my surprise, he sent me an email stating that they had 10 in stock and to hurry the hell up!

I was 48 hours from taking my cash (which was burning a veritable hole in my pocket) to a gun show and seeing what I could find.

They're good people with excellent customer service and honest prices.

Check 'em out. Their site is one of the cleaner, better designed and easier to navigate ones out there as well.....

http://www.rainierarms.com/

Rider79
12-15-08, 11:18
I just purchased 2 LMT defender complete lowers from them last week, with SOPMOD stocks. They were easy to deal with, and patient with my questions, as it was the first time I ordered an actual firearm online to ship to a local FFL. I wish I had heard of them when they had uppers in stock. Never heard of them before I saw someone post about them having lowers in another thread. :( I just sent them an email as you did, and hopefully it will work out the same way for me. Thanks for the info!

strambo
12-15-08, 12:28
Congrats! My LMT Piston upper is waiting under the tree. I had the discipline to just verify all the contents were there and the finish looked good before having my wife wrap it. The wait is killing me...but Christmas will be fun.

It is my first AR (well, first one not paid for by taxpayers), I put the lower together minus stock, grip, receiver extension...those are wrapped up too. I ran out of $$ before optics too...so I feel your pain. Just got a set of Troy irons.

Be sure to post a range report if you shoot it soon!

Cohibra45
12-15-08, 13:00
Congratulations!!!!!! I really like mine alot!! It is my first AR and it shoots like a dream.

I went 'cheap' with the optics and right now have not been too concerned. I got the Millett DMS-1 with the American Defense mount. I also splurged and bought a Vikings Tactical padded sling (with the QD swivels) and a Grip-Pod VFG (it doubles as my bipod!!).

Good luck and good shooting.

30 cal slut
12-15-08, 13:33
congrats on your latest acquisition.

if i can ask ... how easy is it to remove the barrel? (same as a DI AR?)

strambo
12-15-08, 15:25
It's an MRP upper so barrel switches just take removing one hex screw and loosening the other, pop the barrel out, pop a fresh one in, tighten the screws with supplied torque wrench. Supposed to take about 60 sec. Piston/DI doesn't matter (except BCG's are different) They are proprietary barrels though.

30 cal slut
12-15-08, 17:00
They are proprietary barrels though.

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks!

POF.Ops
12-15-08, 23:52
Congrats on the new LMT! I'm a piston guy and I handled the LMT piston a couple of weeks ago at the gun shop. That is one sweet weapon! I am very tempted to trade my POF for one simply because it is lighter and less bulky. These are only going to be harder to obtain.

LIL-COMMANDO
12-16-08, 00:07
I just purchased 2 LMT defender complete lowers from them last week, with SOPMOD stocks. They were easy to deal with, and patient with my questions, as it was the first time I ordered an actual firearm online to ship to a local FFL. I wish I had heard of them when they had uppers in stock. Never heard of them before I saw someone post about them having lowers in another thread. :( I just sent them an email as you did, and hopefully it will work out the same way for me. Thanks for the info!

Hey Rider so you purchased from him also and now he is out. I also purchased a LMT lower. I chose the Defender with LEO markings and this will make it two complete extra lowers for me.