PDA

View Full Version : Cool information about the SCAR's development/lack of use

Entryteam
01-18-22, 11:41
I never really knew much about the SCAR 16... but this video is very interesting and taught me alot.

Maybe some of you will like it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5EP9G0p8es

HKGuns
01-18-22, 11:44
You should probably specify this is the SCAR16 and not 17.

Crib Notes: He doesn't get to the point until the 10:00 mark

- SOCOM 2 week EVAL in 2007
- Weak butt-stock fold button (Resolved in current model)
- Placement of reciprocating charging handle -Optic Interference / -Hand or barrier leading to stoppages
- Magazine induced Triple feed resulting in rounds getting stuck in op rod channel, requiring disassembly to remediate (Resolved in current model)
- Lower rail attached to barrel gets super hot extremely quickly
- Sharp edge on buttstock button rubs lefty's cheek raw

Hank6046
01-18-22, 12:00
I never really knew much about the SCAR 16... but this video is very interesting and taught me alot.

Maybe some of you will like it as well.

I watched this last night, very interesting. Its funny how it wasn't that long ago these were the latest and greatest and in 10 years or less so much has developed and changed

RUTGERS95
01-18-22, 12:13
I watched this last night, very interesting. Its funny how it wasn't that long ago these were the latest and greatest and in 10 years or less so much has developed and changed

on point! though I'll admit to never being interested in the scars, at all!

markm
01-18-22, 12:18
though I'll admit to never being interested in the scars, at all!

Same here. I just know them as the gun that breaks optics cuz it runs so roughly.

VIP3R 237
01-18-22, 12:26
Very informative. Basically buy the nrch model, use m3 Pmags, and if you’re a lefty like myself use an acr stock.

Pikey
01-20-22, 17:15
Jeff Gurwitch’s Modern Tactical Shooting has a lot of interesting videos. He has a video about the m1911 use by sf after 9/11 also a video about how the glock 19 was adopted by sf.