PDA

View Full Version : Basic Gun Safety Continues To Confuse And Frustrate Complete Morons...

SteyrAUG
01-18-22, 19:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEuhgKuaJC8

Handling loaded firearm OFF the range, right in front of a gun safety sign.

Was probably there to teach those two women how to shoot safely.

So much...I don't even know where to begin. Public ranges scare me.

titsonritz
01-18-22, 19:35
Makes me think of these guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTQ_dr8XX8

Honu
01-18-22, 20:02
I see idiocy every day on the road to :) seems to have gotten worse sadly

SteyrAUG
01-18-22, 20:03
Wish I could say that's the worst thing I've ever seen.

There was a video of some Bahama police officers cleaning guns at their desk, and for fun each one pointed his gun at the other and pulled the trigger, the last guy to do it shot the guy in the head.

You would think cops (anywhere) would know not to pull this shit...but you'd be wrong. Dumbasses taking gun selfies are one of the most dangerous things I've seen in the last 10 years. It almost always coincides with violation of 2 or more basic rules of gun safety.

Honu
01-18-22, 20:16
that DEA guy in a school room :)

ya know the safe trained ones not folks like us :)

Corrected to DEA :) had FBI

utahjeepr
01-18-22, 20:48
If you ever have the opportunity to ride in the elevator at the Long Beach police station. The one the officers use. Umm, pretty sure none of those holes are factory installed. Just sayin.

RUTGERS95
01-18-22, 21:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEuhgKuaJC8

Handling loaded firearm OFF the range, right in front of a gun safety sign.

Was probably there to teach those two women how to shoot safely.

what a fking moron!!!! I know a cop that did this cleaning the weapon

the fbi guy in the classroom was instant classic

would like to see the Bahamas one

SteyrAUG
01-18-22, 21:53
that FBI guy in a school room :)

DEA. I remember when he tried to sue YT because when the video went viral he claimed he wasn't able to work "undercover" anymore.

And yeah, never mind when the NRA had Eddie Eagle programs to teach children about firearms, instead let's get Capt. Dreadlocks who will not only bring LOADED weapons into a school but will then also pull a mag, lock a slide, insert a mag, drop the slide and NOT realize he just reloaded the f'ing thing.

I guess at least he wasn't flagging a kid when he pulled the trigger on his "unloaded" weapon.

RUTGERS95
01-18-22, 21:56
DEA. I remember when he tried to sue YT because when the video went viral he claimed he wasn't able to work "undercover" anymore.

And yeah, never mind when the NRA had Eddie Eagle programs to teach children about firearms, instead let's get Capt. Dreadlocks who will not only bring LOADED weapons into a school but will then also pull a mag, lock a slide, insert a mag, drop the slide and NOT realize he just reloaded the f'ing thing.

I guess at least he wasn't flagging a kid when he pulled the trigger on his "unloaded" weapon.

well said

he was the token hire I'm guessing. They should have fired him on the spot

SteyrAUG
01-18-22, 21:57
If you ever have the opportunity to ride in the elevator at the Long Beach police station. The one the officers use. Umm, pretty sure none of those holes are factory installed. Just sayin.

Florida can beat that. A few years back a BSO deputy "accidentally" discharged his patrol carbine INSIDE the Broward County courthouse. He was showing it off to another LEO at the time.

SteyrAUG
01-18-22, 22:05
well said

he was the token hire I'm guessing. They should have fired him on the spot

I agree, gross child endangerment (intentional or not), demonstrates severe levels of bad judgement. There have been a few times when I was on school property in an official capacity and I used to worry about the loaded weapon I left in my vehicle. Only an actual life threatening situation would make me take a loaded firearm INTO a school.

If I got tapped to do some kind of firearm awareness program, I'd never dream of bringing ammo or magazines into the building and knowing me I'd probably check/clear the firearm a few dozen times before I even got to the door. I'm almost severely OCD about that shit.

I've seen enough people ND that it is my goal in life to NEVER have an ND. A few years back some dipshit elected official who had an ND inside her office claimed that if you carry a gun every day (like she does) it is inevitable that you will one day accidentally fire it. I think it was in the Carolina's or one of those "should know better when it comes to guns" states.

I think it's the most time I've ever spent trying to scream at a person through my computer monitor.

Sam
01-18-22, 22:56
All the blubber on that woman was a curse and a blessing.
Curse because the bullet might have missed her completely if she was anorexic skinny. A blessing because the blubber stopped the bullet from getting to her vital organs.

Nobody wore their mask ��. Oh my.

Diamondback
01-18-22, 23:29

Yeah, and sadly most clubs around here have long waiting lists to even apply. :(

Honu
01-18-22, 23:50
Ahhh yeah jogged memory :) one of those 3 letter alphabet agencies :)

Hahahahaha not sure if I heard about the undercover thing that is sad and funny

Poor undercover guy was nervous in front of all the smarter than him crowd he as facing :)

Kinda like that other guy that got internet famous he was close to the target and drew and shot his leg but training kicked in and he called his mom !!!

SteyrAUG
01-19-22, 00:18
Yeah, and sadly most clubs around here have long waiting lists to even apply. :(

While private ranges and clubs are generally better, even there I have seen some "stuff."

Problem is most males think they are born knowing how to drive, shoot and f'ck and if anything reality usually demonstrates they could use a few lessons. I absolutely HATED most of my time as a small arms instructor...if I had a dollar for every time I heard "Yeah I know that already" and THEN the guy continued to do it incorrectly despite having just been corrected...well I wouldn't need a dollar any more for anything.

Correct the same person three times in the same night for the same thing and they act like you just shot their dog. Ironically, as often as not, women tend to learn this shit much faster because they don't think they already know it. Unfortunately most of their prior teachers have been "Yeah I know that already" guys so you have to undo most of what they've been shown.

And I don't mean things like they are using different stances, holds or techniques that are contrary to what is being taught (most of the time I tell people to use what is comfortable so long as it works), it is BASIC shit like "keep your damn finger OFF the trigger" and "Stop waving your gun around and pointing it at other people."

I used to joke about walking and chewing bubble gum, but the number of people who cannot do a magazine change AND keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction the entire time is rather astonishing.

Funny shit is from time to time we'd actually get a REAL green beret or seal dude and despite the fact that it is very, very obvious they already know most of this stuff...when you give them the same instruction that everyone else is getting...they NEVER say "Yeah I know that already"...they just do it. Sometimes they say "Ok, thanks."

Thankfully there were enough people who WANTED to learn or NEEDED to learn that it offset the dipshit contingent.

ddbtoth
01-19-22, 08:28
"I don't know what they were talking about..." I'm going with biscuit recipes.

T2C
01-19-22, 08:45
The wife wants to move to Florida in a few years and I have been checking out places to shoot. A gun shop employee in Ocala told me the public ranges are a really good place to get shot by a moron and suggested I find a private club to join.

You can't fix stupid, so you have to do your best to avoid stupid people.

HKGuns
01-19-22, 09:35
I changed the barrel on my .458 SOCOM and went to the indoor public range to verify zero. Surprisingly, it was still dead on and didn't need any RDS adjustment.

No offense intended, but there were two homies renting an AR, who clearly didn't understand what they were doing and I thought seriously about walking onto the shooting line with them right next to me.

I spoke to the Range Master, who I know, and was monitoring the video and told him I am considering waiting. He said he'd be watching them like a hawk, so I proceeded on high alert.

I wrapped up my work as quickly as possible and got the heck off the line. Lucky for me the rental AR was dry as a bone and not functioning, so the range master was in there with them trying to figure out what was wrong with the rental rifle.

Adrenaline_6
01-19-22, 12:18
The wife wants to move to Florida in a few years and I have been checking out places to shoot. A gun shop employee in Ocala told me the public ranges are a really good place to get shot by a moron and suggested I find a private club to join.

You can't fix stupid, so you have to do your best to avoid stupid people.

Oh yea...I've been to them. Never again.

titsonritz
01-19-22, 14:01
that FBI guy in a school room :)

DEA... "I am the only one in this room professional, that I know of, enough to carry a Glock .40."
I love how he goes for an AR next and everyone is "Ah no f' you, I'm outta here"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ufT_6Kgy0

titsonritz
01-19-22, 14:10
It is not just the tards walking of the street either, remember this instructor get taken out by a 9 old with an UZI...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/girl-who-shot-arizona-shooting-range-instructor-said-uzi-was-n193981

T2C
01-19-22, 14:28
It is not just the tards walking of the street either, remember this instructor get taken out by a 9 old with an UZI...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/girl-who-shot-arizona-shooting-range-instructor-said-uzi-was-n193981

Do stupid shit, and somebody is going to get killed.

Black_Sheep
01-19-22, 14:39
The range I used to go to didn’t have a RSO, the last time I was there the person shooting in the adjacent lane ducked under the partition to retrieve a target that had fallen from the hanger while other patrons were actively shooting, myself included. I called cease fire and ripped the guy a new one, then packed up my gear and left. There was a lot of bullet holes in the partitions, light fixtures, etc…

The environment was unsafe so I will never go back. Currently I’m on a waiting list for a local gun club with excellent RSO’s, last time I inquired I was told it will be another year or so before there’s an opening…

Averageman
01-19-22, 15:44
I was waiting in line to buy some range time at the local indoor range. The guy in front of me had a large range bag that he left on the counter and a kid walks up and starts taking high dollar 1911's out of it.
I said "Hey buddy" after the third one is stacked up there.
He lost his sh*t, this wasn't his kid as I assumed, just some random 8 year old stacking up Colts.

.45fan
01-19-22, 16:22
I agree, gross child endangerment (intentional or not), demonstrates severe levels of bad judgement. There have been a few times when I was on school property in an official capacity and I used to worry about the loaded weapon I left in my vehicle. Only an actual life threatening situation would make me take a loaded firearm INTO a school.

If I got tapped to do some kind of firearm awareness program, I'd never dream of bringing ammo or magazines into the building and knowing me I'd probably check/clear the firearm a few dozen times before I even got to the door. I'm almost severely OCD about that shit.

I've seen enough people ND that it is my goal in life to NEVER have an ND. A few years back some dipshit elected official who had an ND inside her office claimed that if you carry a gun every day (like she does) it is inevitable that you will one day accidentally fire it. I think it was in the Carolina's or one of those "should know better when it comes to guns" states.

I think it's the most time I've ever spent trying to scream at a person through my computer monitor.My kids are grown and out if the house now, but I carried in the school when they were there for many years (Detroit suburb).

Our state doesn't allow CC in schools but you can OC if you have a CPL so that made it a circus at the start, but eventually they got used to it.
I never had a problem.

A state level gun group I used to be part of would offer "project childsafe" classes, it is basically the NSSF version of Eddie Eagle classes.
I always carried at those events due to most of the locations were in war zones (in downtown Detroit).

One part of the class was we would take 4 or 5 air soft guns and remove the orange tips etc and 1 or 2 real guns and put them on a table and have the kids, then their patents try to guess what was real and what was not.
Most had no clue.

That was the only time I was worried about something going sideways, I would check all the guns several times before going in the building (not including the one I/we carried) and then have another competent person check then check again as we set up that table.

Fortunately no issues with that either.

I just made a personal rule that in the above mentioned situations, the gun I carried wouldn't leave my holster unless it was needed to stop a threat.
I think that personal rule decreases the chances of problems happening.

jsbhike
01-19-22, 17:43
During a pistol class, I was going back in to the clubhouse and heard a muffled bang by way of a court bailiff in the class who had went inside before I did to practice "dry firing" on the clay pigeon boxes beside the door I was reaching for.