PDA

View Full Version : Meatloaf dies at 74.

Averageman
01-21-22, 07:39
Meat Loaf, the U.S. rock star whose debut "Bat Out of Hell" became one of the best-selling albums of all time, has died aged 74.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/meat-loaf-seriously-ill-with-covid-19-before-death/ar-AAT0sGC?ocid=msedgntp
"His amazing career spanned 6 decades that saw him sell over 100 Million albums worldwide and star in over 65 movies, including ‘Fight Club’, ‘Focus’, ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’, and ‘Wayne’s World.’ ‘Bat Out of Hell’ remains one of the top 10 selling albums of all time.

"We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man.

"We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. From his heart to your souls…don’t ever stop rocking! (sic)"

Born Marvin Lee Aday, the iconic star - who later changed his first name to Michael - has struggled with ill health in recent years and was previously left unable to stand up for longer than five minutes due to a nerve issue in his back - meaning he was forced to spend most of the time sat down.

He explained at the time: "I don't do drugs. I don't drink. I have a pinched nerve in my back and it feels like when I stand up to walk, that Norman Bates from Psycho is stabbing me in the back. And it hurts like hell."

utahjeepr
01-21-22, 08:37
RIP big guy.

Bless your soul indeed.

gaijin
01-21-22, 08:54
RIP Meat.

Slater
01-21-22, 11:16
"Paradise By The Dashboard Light" is a classic rock staple. To us guys in our 60's, part of the soundtrack of our youth has passed. RIP.

signal4l
01-21-22, 16:21
I have always been a fan. A very talented individual. Godspeed

SteyrAUG
01-21-22, 18:03
So now I guess he can end his time with her.

Renegade
01-21-22, 18:43

Not another minute with Ellen Foley

Most of the music was provided by members of E Street Band, and of course the cameo by Phil Rizzuto

Classic song of the 70s

And Ellen Foley was on Night Court before Markey Post.

ABNAK
01-21-22, 19:25

Technically it isn't the "end of time", so maybe not.

I read where some tabloids have said it was COVID. Take with grain of salt.

bp7178
01-21-22, 21:22
I know him as Bob from Fight Club.

THCDDM4
01-21-22, 23:30
I know him as Bob from Fight Club.

“His name was Robert Paulson”

“His name was Robert Paulson, His name was Robert Paulson, His name was Robert Paulson…”

Korgs130
01-22-22, 11:27
RIP. Meatloaf’s crazy experience in Dallas the day JFK was assassinated. Definitely worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/UbJCjmEd6oE

CEE
01-22-22, 22:40
RIP. Meatloaf’s crazy experience in Dallas the day JFK was assassinated. Definitely worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/UbJCjmEd6oE

That was a good interview. Had seen a documentary narrated by Bill Paxton where he told that he was at the Love Field that day also. Started listening to Meat Loaf back in the 1970s on 8-track tapes! Now it all digital, & lots more songs available than back in those days.

WillBrink
01-23-22, 08:24
First exposure to him was via Rocky Horror Picture show.

utahjeepr
01-23-22, 12:00
First exposure to him was via Rocky Horror Picture show.

Does Tim Curry have an alibi?

WillBrink
01-23-22, 12:51
Does Tim Curry have an alibi?

Yes, he's been dead for some time now. One of the better alibis one can have.

utahjeepr
01-23-22, 12:54
Yes, he's been dead for some time now. One of the better alibis one can have.

It would appear nobody told Tim Curry. He had a stroke, but he's still kicking as far as I know.

WillBrink
01-23-22, 13:03
It would appear nobody told Tim Curry. He had a stroke, but he's still kicking as far as I know.

Ha! I'd read he'd dies of that stroke. Glad to hear it didn't take him out. I should have googled that one.