PDA

View Full Version : Bcm/d&h mags

ubet
01-24-22, 16:28
Used the search, but most recent thread I found was about 8 years old.

I bought a 10 pack of the bcm/d&h mags from bcm. Was wondering agar the consensus on them was. They seem a little thinner thickness than my nhtg mags.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220124/1792d4d0e76391393b3d3b20de3a9a91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flenna
01-24-22, 16:32
I’ve been using them for years, bought tons back when PSA was blowing them out for $7.99 and free shipping on 10+. All have functioned flawlessly in multiple rifles.

markm
01-24-22, 16:39
I never see any problems reported on the current USGI style mags. It's been like 15 years since the last shitty batch of mags were cranked out on USGI type tooling.

ubet
01-24-22, 17:02
Ok, good to hear. At less than $10/mag and if they hold up, they’ll be worth adding to the pile every now and again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flenna
01-24-22, 17:07
I haven’t looked in a long time so decided to check PSA and they have the D&H mags for $8.99 and free shipping on 5+. Hard to beat that deal.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html

Alex V
01-24-22, 20:04
I’ve got a bunch of D&H mags from PSA and have yet to have a problem with them.

Diamondback
01-24-22, 20:36
I haven’t looked in a long time so decided to check PSA and they have the D&H mags for $8.99 and free shipping on 5+. Hard to beat that deal.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html

Yeah, that's my go-to Buy Cheap & Stack Deep option too.

markm
01-24-22, 21:05
Cprod!!!

Remember that garbage??? It was driving me crazy. That scum bag made a bunch of out of spec mags. The ESSENCE of American mediocrity for a quick buck.

ST911
01-24-22, 21:20
Used the search, but most recent thread I found was about 8 years old. I bought a 10 pack of the bcm/d&h mags from bcm. Was wondering agar the consensus on them was. They seem a little thinner thickness than my nhtg mags.

They're GTG. I add one to every BCM order.

01-24-22, 21:27
I’ve seen a ton of them feom all the different retailers that sell them and have never seen a bad one that wasn’t damaged from use.

ubet
01-24-22, 22:44
Feeling happier with the purchase now. Thank you guys. At $4 less than the gen3 pmag it makes stacking them up a little easier. I have a pile of mags, but don’t think one can ever have to many. I have had good luck with the nhmtg mags too. But think I will start adding the ten packs of these with every order from bcm. Do they need anything out of the box or just load and go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKDoug
01-24-22, 23:42
I have a metric shit ton of them. They have been my goto magazine for a long time. I've got a bunch that I was thinking I'd turn a profit on in 2016 but that didn't happen. Should have put that money in a mutual fund, I would have made more money... and no, I'm not selling :D

flenna
01-25-22, 18:28
Do they need anything out of the box or just load and go?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just load and go.

bamashooter
01-26-22, 07:16
I have several D&H "contract magazines". GTG IMO. I have a list somewhere I constructed of who rebrands them as their own.

Pappabear
01-26-22, 13:10
I bought a bunch of D&H mags, no issue with them. They also make a pretty good SR25 knock off that I’ve had no problems running.

PB

AndyLate
01-31-22, 17:17
Yeah, that's my go-to Buy Cheap & Stack Deep option too.

Same here. I prefer Pmags because the D&H mag lips seem sharp to me when loading, but you can't beat them for the price. I even have a couple of the short 5 or 10 round D&H mags that work just as well.

Andy

Diamondback
01-31-22, 21:56
Same here. I prefer Pmags because the D&H mag lips seem sharp to me when loading, but you can't beat them for the price. I even have a couple of the short 5 or 10 round D&H mags that work just as well.

Andy

Stripper clips, Maglulas and Caldwell Mag Chargers FTW. :)

02-01-22, 08:26
I’ve been using them for years, bought tons back when PSA was blowing them out for $7.99 and free shipping on 10+. All have functioned flawlessly in multiple rifles.

Reading this thread, it would appear that I am alone, but I had trouble with the handful of PSA branded mags I bought locally. The mag catch hole seemed out of spec, but I wouldn’t know how to measure that. We modified one, and that seemed to fix it, but it spooked me. I marked them all prominently and set them aside for the next AWB, with my HK maritime mags.

Slater
02-01-22, 15:48
I believe DSG's mags are all D&H.

Arch
02-02-22, 07:11
I bought a case (100) of BCM marked D&H mags about ten years ago. They've all been distributed with ARs when I sold the AR but none of them had any problems whatsoever. I have also bought PSA marked D&H mags. Zero problems. I always get the "black teflon finish" like those pictured in the OP.

D&H mags do seem to have sharper edges and slightly "thinner FEELING" bodies than my preferred magazine (Okay) but they've always been absolutely functional for me.

Tony617
02-04-22, 02:20
I have been taking some AR training classes I took all D&H magazines to training class since they were already loaded. I dropped a few magazines when doing tactical reloads but I did not have any jams or anything. When I got home I took the springs out and throughly cleaned all of the dust and dirt off and then reloaded them all. I ordered them from BCM years ago now.

Kalakar
02-04-22, 10:47
I picked up a couple a few years back. Still in the rotation. No issues with them here. I treat them the same as my okays.

Jellybean
02-05-22, 15:09
Reading this thread, it would appear that I am alone, but I had trouble with the handful of PSA branded mags I bought locally. The mag catch hole seemed out of spec, but I wouldn’t know how to measure that. We modified one, and that seemed to fix it, but it spooked me. I marked them all prominently and set them aside for the next AWB, with my HK maritime mags.

I've never seen or heard of anyone having issues with the BCM or DSG variations of D&H mags. Bought some of the DSG ones several years back (grey version), and they seemed just fine.
However, the one issue I did hear about a few years back were the black D&H mags from PSA, which apparently a batch of them got out where the coating would soften under heat and they'd stick together, for example if you left them stacked on a table in the sun, in a trunk, etc. Never heard of that with the greys from any dealer, so I just stuck with the grey mags from then on. YMMV, that was probably 5 years ago.

Of course, barring a new mag ban attempt, the D&H mags are so cheap, IF anyone is having "one bad mag here or there" issues they are probably just skipping straight to the "smash and trash" method of dealing with it. So, maybe also why you don't hear much bad news about them, who knows.

ACE31
02-06-22, 04:31
Own many in black and light gray, never any feeding issues. I would not hesitate to buy more if needed.

RHINOWSO
02-06-22, 10:09
I believe DSG's mags are all D&H.
They are - I have BCM / DSG and some other companies D&H brand AR15 mags, never an issue with them.

Cagemonkey
02-06-22, 12:13
D&H mags available here; https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-30rd-223-black-aluminum-magazine-d-h.html?trk_msg=8P52MABJUI543E62M0U2H40DTC&trk_contact=9K80NTEILOGOCJ099SEEJCPQG0&trk_sid=ISCTODD9EBQAM4R052RS5S2FB4&trk_link=ESCKUAB07IE4N0EICNNAATEH0G&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.cdnnsports.com%2far15-30rd-223-black-aluminum-magazine-d-h.html&utm_campaign=CDNN+AR15+Lower+Parts

DG23
02-06-22, 20:19
I've never seen or heard of anyone having issues with the BCM or DSG variations of D&H mags. Bought some of the DSG ones several years back (grey version), and they seemed just fine.
However, the one issue I did hear about a few years back were the black D&H mags from PSA...

A PSA floorplate on the bottom is pretty much the same as having a 666 there and a picture of a flaming turd on the side.

My opinion and I am sticking to it! :)