PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone with high myopia switched to a lower MOA red dot?

black22rifle
01-25-22, 10:25
I have high myopia in both of my eyes(~-6.0) and I recently installed a 3.25 MOA Trijicon RMR on my handgun and I am disappointed in the sight picture when looking through the sight, the sight looks like a smudged asterisk. The only other red dot sight I have is an Aimpoint PRO 2 MOA on my AR and since it is mounted on the upper receiver a lot closer to my eye it looks a whole lot better than this RMR mounted on my handgun and I am curious how much of a difference it would make if I were to switch it out for a 1 MOA RMR dot.

Thank goodness I didn't purchased the 6 MOA dot I was considering first.

RWH24
02-23-22, 20:13
Disregard, I know not what I speak.
Sorry.
I am near sighted with bifocals and an astigmatism.

Thunderpigeon
02-28-22, 09:37
What you are seeing sounds like an astigmatism problem. Do you have the same issue when you look through a prism sight?

Backfire
03-03-22, 07:48
Astigmatism ruins everything. Use your phone camera take a video of it then watch.

A smudge is good enough for defensive shooting. Can try Primary arms for some prism type sights

KITTEN_FRENZY
03-03-22, 22:51
My T2 isn't really usable for anything precise because of my astigmatism.
Weirdly enough, my Holosuns' dots are much less deformed.

WornOutGrunt
03-04-22, 05:00
I have slight distortion with my Holosun 507, but as mentioned for defensive use it is fine. My Holosun 512 has crisper dot than any other of the RDS I have used...

Pappabear
03-10-22, 15:09
Just an FYI, some guys do better with a green dot, so you high myopes might want to look into that color dot.

PB

EzGoingKev
03-10-22, 16:16
Just an FYI, some guys do better with a green dot, so you high myopes might want to look into that color dot.

PB

Just an FYI - A lot of people have complained about green dots not being daylight bright.

Pappabear
03-10-22, 16:35
Everyones eyes are different so you have to find what works for you. I have no preference on red or green. Just trying to help people out here.

PB