PDA

View Full Version : Larue 660HK + T1 + Standard AR15 BUIS = Absolute Co-Witness?

variablebinary
12-16-08, 08:02
Can anyone tell me if the Larue Medium (LT660HK) provides absolute Co-witness with standard height AR15 BUIS.

I would like the use a T1 on my XCR but the LT660 is way too tall, as the XCR rail is .4" taller than the standard AR15 rail so it is very HK416 like.

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/LT66XMount/T1_Profiles_copy.jpg

FJB
12-16-08, 20:05
The LT660HK is not a standard co-witness. The Micro LT660HK sits to low for standard BUIS. Your irons will sit in the upper 1/3 of the site.

S/F

billybronco
12-19-08, 09:30
i was about to post the same question a few days ago.

so...lemme get this straight, let's say I have an LMT MRP Piston gun with a LaRue rear sight and an LMT fixed front.

The ONLY mount that will work is the LT660 Tall, correct???

What about my buddies SIG 556 SWAT?

Those things have those crappy front sights that don't really fold but aren't really fixed either. the rear sight is some flimsical leaf peep sight which looks like it will crack if you sneeze on it.

Same deal?

variablebinary
12-19-08, 14:05
i was about to post the same question a few days ago.

so...lemme get this straight, let's say I have an LMT MRP Piston gun with a LaRue rear sight and an LMT fixed front.

The ONLY mount that will work is the LT660 Tall, correct???

What about my buddies SIG 556 SWAT?

Those things have those crappy front sights that don't really fold but aren't really fixed either. the rear sight is some flimsical leaf peep sight which looks like it will crack if you sneeze on it.

Same deal?

You friends 556 SWAT has a rail that sits higher than a standard AR15 rail. Yes AR15 sights will work, but it isnt ideal. I can tell you from experiance with my XCR, tall AR15 optic mounts really suck.

Thankfully there is the HK416, which has a taller rail too, so mounts for the 416 should work nice on the SWAT and XCR, but unless you have sights that are lower your co-witness is going to be all jacked up

Neville
12-20-08, 03:22
I use a Hk416 front sight on my Steyr AUG-Z - and plan to combine it with a LaRue Hk mount for the T-1.

variablebinary
12-20-08, 04:54
The LT660HK is not a standard co-witness. The Micro LT660HK sits to low for standard BUIS. Your irons will sit in the upper 1/3 of the site.

S/F

Do you know what the Co-witness is like with a HK MP7 signts? I heard they are the same height as HK 416 sights when they are in the flipped up position.