PDA

View Full Version : Got Taken Out By Squirrels...

SteyrAUG
02-11-22, 23:10
So this morning a couple squirrels blew a transformer outside. My battery back up / surge protection 100% failed. Last 6 months I've had a upgrade computer sitting in a box. Well it's finally installed up and running. Now comes the task of entering usernames / passwords and configuring preferences.

God I hate this crap.

CRAMBONE
02-12-22, 01:39
Potentially the same thing happened to us, on Christmas Eve, my oldest kids birthday, when they were expecting birthday breakfast cake. Killed the stove and ALOT of other crap. Still waiting to hear if the power company is going to cover any of it.

HKGuns
02-12-22, 08:09
Happened to me in March of 2020.

F-er blew the transformer and fried himself, took down the entire sub.

Zoom in and you can see he was fried like KFC.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p804865776-5.jpg

Averageman
02-12-22, 08:47
You need to make a dried corn sacrifice to the great God of Tree Rats.
Well, that or find the one with the tiny bino's and take him out with a pellet gun.
I saw a Cat get Zapped on a transformer but it didn't knock out the power, he just sat up there all crispy and burnt all summer long.

SilverBullet432
02-12-22, 22:30
Our UPS systems require a yearly test and maintenance to make sure they’re good to go. Sucks to hear.

Lacos
02-12-22, 23:02
Check with your utility co if they use rodent guards on their equipment. Basically covering/insulation on exposed potential points of contact.
Helps save those “endangered species “ critters.