PDA

View Full Version : The Genius of the US isn’t Democracy, it’s our Constitution and Rights

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-14-22, 10:54
I find this never ending screaming about the death of Democracy to be, well, odd. It isn’t democracy that made out country great and unique. We didn’t invent democracy, it’s older than history. What made America, well, revolutionary is our Constitution and the idea of inalienable rights that aren’t granted by the govt (which can be taken away) but that the rights simply exist. Add in the separation of powers and you have a govt that theoretically doesn’t need people voting- but the framers were smart enough to know that organizations made of men are always going to be corrupted.

Democracy is the safety valve for making sure that the govt doesn’t tread on the general population, but as a basis for govt it is scary as crap. Mob-ocracy would never have gotten rid of slavery. The dems only like it because they are in a position where they have changed the electorate population to what they see as advantageous to them. Never mind that useless college grad upper middle class dolts are a minority, and real minorities are dumping the Dems. All while they lose control of the media channels to direct the narrative.

Everytime I see a ‘Democracy’ headline, I know that they don’t get it. Plus it is just a lie, as they try to gerrymander to a greater degree than GOP states and get GOP pols barred from running from the ‘insurrection’. That just screams Democracy…

chuckman
02-14-22, 11:21
We never had democracy, we don't need democracy. That is simply majority. No, 'they' don't understand it.

Krazykarl
02-14-22, 11:50
Democracy being thrown around by these idiots is as pervasive as their failure to understand that we live in a Federal Republic.

The_War_Wagon
02-14-22, 14:41
What a racist/sexist/homophobic observation of you!

https://pics.me.me/special-snowflake-second-class-w-crossed-diaper-pins-awarded-for-demonstrating-11550341.png

ViniVidivici
02-15-22, 09:25
We never had democracy, we don't need democracy. That is simply majority. No, 'they' don't understand it.

Amen!

Democracy does NOT work, that's why the Founders did NOT set up a democracy, but rather a constitutional republic.

Only reason the Grand Experiment is failing is because they got us so far away from the original intent of the blueprint.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-15-22, 10:19
REPEAL THE 17TH AMENDMENT!!!!

That and letting non-land owners (skin in the game) residents vote. I'd still like to change the voting to one-vote/one-tax-dollar...

Rifleman_04
02-15-22, 11:20

That and letting non-land owners (skin in the game) residents vote. I'd still like to change the voting to one-vote/one-tax-dollar...

Bringing back aristocratic rule doesn’t seem like a good idea either.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-15-22, 12:38
Bringing back aristocratic rule doesn’t seem like a good idea either.

Paying taxes or actually having skin in the game makes this a participatory govt, not a spectator sport. That’s not aristocratic. Plus, taking Senators out of the election cycle craziness would be a good thing. If anything it would make local state elections more important. That would lead to less of the nationalization of our state level elections. It’s still representative government it’s just not direct elections. The Senate is becoming a hot mess and I think it all started with the 17th amendment.

Alpha-17
02-16-22, 06:50

I used to think that such ideas were sheer madness, but I think you're on to a couple of very good ideas. the 17th Amendment was a total mistake that pulled power away from the States, and giving everyone a vote, regardless of productivity and "skin in the game" has led to people that "vote for a living." By extending the franchise so widely, all we've done is made it far less valuable and far easier to corrupt.

gsd2053
02-16-22, 11:16
There can be no democracy. Without the constitution, and we loose more rights every time they dilute it.

If good men do nothing.
What was supposed to be a beautiful Cake will end up a dirty plate scavenged by communist rats.

God bless the Freedom Truckers in Canada.

AndyLate
02-16-22, 11:42
Amen!

Democracy does NOT work, that's why the Founders did NOT set up a democracy, but rather a constitutional republic.

Only reason the Grand Experiment is failing is because they got us so far away from the original intent of the blueprint.

Beat me to it. Democracy = mob rule

RUTGERS95
02-16-22, 19:02
I find this never ending screaming about the death of Democracy to be, well, odd. It isn’t democracy that made out country great and unique. We didn’t invent democracy, it’s older than history. What made America, well, revolutionary is our Constitution and the idea of inalienable rights that aren’t granted by the govt (which can be taken away) but that the rights simply exist. Add in the separation of powers and you have a govt that theoretically doesn’t need people voting- but the framers were smart enough to know that organizations made of men are always going to be corrupted.

Democracy is the safety valve for making sure that the govt doesn’t tread on the general population, but as a basis for govt it is scary as crap. Mob-ocracy would never have gotten rid of slavery. The dems only like it because they are in a position where they have changed the electorate population to what they see as advantageous to them. Never mind that useless college grad upper middle class dolts are a minority, and real minorities are dumping the Dems. All while they lose control of the media channels to direct the narrative.

Everytime I see a ‘Democracy’ headline, I know that they don’t get it. Plus it is just a lie, as they try to gerrymander to a greater degree than GOP states and get GOP pols barred from running from the ‘insurrection’. That just screams Democracy…

spot on

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-16-22, 22:31
Beat me to it. Democracy = mob rule

It isn’t that Democracy is bad per se, but that it isn’t the primary functional mechanism of a just and fair govt. It can actually be the opposite of good govt when taken to extremes with out safeguards like in the French Revolution. Democracy is like a companies board of directors- not making day to day decisions, but deciding key management positions and overall direction.

Watch the dems pivot from ‘Democracy’ when they get their asses handed to them this fall.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-22, 07:13
The Democrats are convinced, and they are trying to convince everyone else, that just like they are “the science“ and without them there is just barbarianism and darkness, they are “the democracy“.

It is kind of comical almost when they say that if Trump wins the next election that it is the end of democracy. Kind of interesting that someone winning an election democratically, is the end of democracy. Of course that is why they have to perpetuate the lie about 1/6. That is why Biden stumbled when he said if his democratic takeover of the electoral process nationally didn’t happen that in effect the next election is not legitimate.

Harpoon
02-17-22, 12:16

Big mistake allowing welfare recipients to vote. Aren't they mostly going to vote for whoever promises the most free stuff?

Lefty223
02-17-22, 16:45
The USA has never, ever, NEVER, EVAH !!!!! (says this boy from Boston) been a Democracy!

We are a Constitutional (we have the written Constitution outlying what the limits for what Govt can do/cannot do) Republic (we vote for those who represent us & cast votes on bills, laws for us) founded upon Democratic (each person ??? , legal, dead or not … LOL, sadly … gets to vote) principles.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-22, 17:03
The USA has never, ever, NEVER, EVAH !!!!! (says this boy from Boston) been a Democracy!

We are a Constitutional (we have the written Constitution outlying what the limits for what Govt can do/cannot do) Republic (we vote for those who represent us & cast votes on bills, laws for us) founded upon Democratic (each person ??? , legal, dead or not … LOL, sadly … gets to vote) principles.

Slow clap...

Also, maybe some of you were already here/there, but the DEms cries about and focus on Democracy is a great way to try to delegitimize and weaken SCOTUS. A SCOTUS that defends individual rights is something that stands directly in their percieved path.

I saw an article that said that SCOTUS needs its own Filibuster to slow down the evil 6-3 (ahem) 5-1-3 conservative advantage....

Cagemonkey
02-17-22, 19:27

The 16th and 17th Amendments were a result of the FEDERAL RESERVE. END THE FED and work back from there.