PDA

View Full Version : BCM reciever extention?

NYH1
02-20-22, 17:03
A while back I bought a BCM intermediate receiver extension. I want to buy another one for my wife's M4. BCM doesn't seem to have their intermediate RE listed on their site. They have a MK2 RE listed.

My question is, if anyone knows, did they chance the name from intermediate RE to the MK2 RE?

Thanks, NYH1.

georgeib
02-20-22, 19:50
A while back I bought a BCM intermediate receiver extension. I want to buy another one for my wife's M4. BCM doesn't seem to have their intermediate RE listed on their site. They have a MK2 RE listed.

My question is, if anyone knows, did they chance the name from intermediate RE to the MK2 RE?

Thanks, NYH1.

From BCM's website description:
These buffer tubes require a rifle action spring and specific BCM MK2 buffer, carbine and rifle buffers will NOT work. Sounds like it's an A5 length extension to me.

VLODPG
02-20-22, 21:29
Tag for the answer as I have one of their A5 kits on my SOTAR class build and it is my smoothest shooter that I have. I'd like to get a few more of them.

NYH1
02-20-22, 22:11
From BCM's website description: Sounds like it's an A5 length extension to me.

The BCM intermediate RE I have now requires a rifle spring and A5 buffers. I'm using Sprinco blue spring and a VLTOR A5H2 buffer. My question is, is the intermediate RE I have the same as what BCM is now calling their MK2 RE? If anyone knows.

Thanks again, NYH1.

alx01
02-20-22, 22:41
I'm using Sprinco blue spring and a VLTOR A5H2 buffer.
Thanks again, NYH1.

You shouldn't be using a carbine length spring with VLTOR A5. Sprinco Green spring is the correct one. I'm surprised it works for you.

grizzman
02-20-22, 22:45
According to the info found in the reviews, it is an A5 receiver extension. I've got several of them, and they're certainly a quality item.

The product info is definitely lacking in details.

NYH1
02-20-22, 23:00
You shouldn't be using a carbine length spring with VLTOR A5. Sprinco Green spring is the correct one. I'm surprised it works for you.

Yep, my bad. We use the blue springs w/H2's buffers in most of our carbines (16" uppers). MY Colt (14.5" SOCOM) being the only carbine with the intermediate RE setup, uses the green spring and A5H2 buffer. I use my 18" and 20" barreled uppers on this lower as well, I love it. Like to put this setup on my wife's M4 as well.

Thanks, NYH1.

NYH1
02-20-22, 23:03
According to the info found in the reviews, it is an A5 receiver extension. I've got several of them, and they're certainly a quality item.

The product info is definitely lacking in details.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same RE's. Was gonna order everything tonight. Gonna call BCM in the morning though.

Thanks, NYH1.

titsonritz
02-22-22, 15:02
Ran into this a while back. Same tube, just a name change. If you check out the comments you will find some that are years old.

NYH1
02-22-22, 15:46
Ran into this a while back. Same tube, just a name change. If you check out the comments you will find some that are years old.
Yeah, BCM just got back to me.

NYH1.