PDA

View Full Version : Geissele "Duty" uppers

rifleman8
02-21-22, 04:03
So G has some "Duty" uppers on the site with a CMV button rifled Bbl.
I apologize in advance - but - Anybody know anything about these Barrels ? I would imagine its your standard interweb mystery and comes down to trusting a company's reputation and QC.
I should get one and post a well organized 2K round range report, but by then we'll never see that offering again and they'll be on to something else.

markm
02-21-22, 11:28
So G has some "Duty" uppers on the site with a CMV button rifled Bbl.
I apologize in advance - but - Anybody know anything about these Barrels ?

Are they the same as what comes on a Duty complete gun? If so the one Pappabear got is really nice. Chrome lined, gassed great, and very accurate.

rifleman8
02-22-22, 04:04
I don't have personal experience with G's previous "Duty" offerings. The little I have read on them has been positive. The current items are CL, HP tested, and MPI. They come with the fancy BCG, where as in the past I think they had a standard milspec.

I like that they have a "standard" MK 16 SMR - without the special "key" - so a guy could easily swap out the rail. I have been interested in the "Super Duty", but prefer a shorter rail in relation to Bbl. length. I got off my ass and sent them a request for info as to the possibility of purchasing separate "keyed" MK 16's - like will they send you one or do you have to ship them your upper and they swap it out.

I will post what I learn in case anyone else has wondered about this.

rainman
02-22-22, 15:55
Are they the same as what comes on a Duty complete gun? If so the one Pappabear got is really nice. Chrome lined, gassed great, and very accurate.

Markm-

If you're referring to the rifle referenced in this thread...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?233538-Geissele-finally-got-me

...PB has a Super Duty (SD) vs a Duty rifle. I picked up a SD upper at that same sale in the linked thread. I haven't had time to put many rounds through the tube but my initial results have been very promising.

The differences between SD and Duty are best seen on the Geissele site, but the barrel, bolt, and BCG should be the major differences.

I also have a Duty 11.5 pistol that shoots well and is nicely gassed. The 'duty' components seem to be of good quality. I bought mine early on, when the Duty grade uppers and rifles were more readily available. I have ~1k rounds through that one.

So far I'm pleased with both purchases.

-Rainman

markm
02-22-22, 15:57
...PB has a Super Duty (SD) vs a Duty rifle.

You are correct.

Cane55
02-22-22, 22:20
There’s a long thread with lots of great information from guys here on Geissele rifles & uppers:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?231219-Geissele-rifles-amp-uppers

rifleman8
02-25-22, 04:45
There’s a long thread with lots of great information from guys here on Geissele rifles & uppers:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?231219-Geissele-rifles-amp-uppers

This is a good thread I have followed. I started another to focus on the current "Duty" offerings. In retrospect this was probably a mistake on my part - should have waited until I got a reply from "G" on my request for info, and then just posted in the already existing thread.

Anyway - learned the following from "G" :

1. G's C/S does not have additional info they will share about "Duty" barrels - CMV steel, button rifled 1/7, HP tested, MP inspected and "should be similar to what we offered in the past". That's it.

2. As for "Super Duty" keyed MK 16 SMR's - No swapping / No selling you one / No "customization". BUT they are considering changing this policy.

Cheers.