PDA

View Full Version : Kenai Chest Holsters

Eldon K. Wells
02-23-22, 00:17
Anyone have experience with Kenai chest holsters. My friends suggest me to buy for my handgun. Hope we have great conversation here.

RHINOWSO
02-23-22, 07:15
Welcome firearm enthusiast!

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-23-22, 10:29
I can't help but think M4C is Ukraine and we've been invaded by Russian bots.

BUT ok, I'll bite.

Why do you want a chest holster? What is your need for such a rig? What gun do you carry? How do you currently carry it?

Read more, post less. Seek quality training.

02-23-22, 11:05
Only real use/purpose is for heavy pistols(desert eagle, large bore revolver). I believe the design came about from fly fisherman wanting to carry a defense weapon in bear country and have the pistol above the waistline when wading in rivers so a very limited niche.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Steve_in_Allentown
02-23-22, 11:41
My son carries a 10mm in one of those holsters during his hunting, hiking, and mountain biking adventures in the Rocky Mountains around Kalispell MT. He's had it for a few years and swears by it.

sinister
02-23-22, 11:57
I had a different brand for a Ruger Redhawk for fly-fishing in the Rockies as well, but as moose repellant.

I gave it and the revolver to my brother when he said he was going to try elk hunting. I saw more big freaking moose with calves than bears.

I'll probably get a Kenai for a Glock 20.

signal4l
02-23-22, 14:32
I like these holsters. I own a few of them. Best way I found a carry a pistol in cold weather.

I strongly recommend you spend some time practicing your draw if you are using one of these rigs. It is easy to cross your support hand /arm with the muzzle. I could see bad things happening under stress

B Cart
02-23-22, 14:52
Being this guy's first post, and with the way his sentences are worded, i can't help but think this is some kind of a bot or a stupid advertising ploy.

In the case the question is legit, i have a Kenai chest holster from Gunfighters Inc, that i carry my 10mm Glock 20 anytime i'm in the woods. I really like it, and it's become my go-to when in the mountains.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-23-22, 15:02
Being this guy's first post, and with the way his sentences are worded, i can't help but think this is some kind of a bot or a stupid advertising ploy.

In the case the question is legit, i have a Kenai chest holster from Gunfighters Inc, that i carry my 10mm Glock 20 anytime i'm in the woods. I really like it, and it's become my go-to when in the mountains.

Ya, I have the same feeling.

Anyways, I've carried in a similar fashion, including larger revolvers and a Glock 20, in Hill People Gear Kit Bags. I eye'd the Kenai, but the Kitbag just offers so much more versatility.

B Cart
02-23-22, 17:08
Ya, I have the same feeling.

Anyways, I've carried in a similar fashion, including larger revolvers and a Glock 20, in Hill People Gear Kit Bags. I eye'd the Kenai, but the Kitbag just offers so much more versatility.

I like the Kitbag a lot, but i have a Badlands chest mounted bino/rangefinder case that usually rides over my kenai chest holster, and so the Kitbag didn't work for me. But love the concept

titsonritz
02-23-22, 18:04
Only real use/purpose is for heavy pistols(desert eagle, large bore revolver). I believe the design came about from fly fisherman wanting to carry a defense weapon in bear country and have the pistol above the waistline when wading in rivers so a very limited niche.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Many packs come with a a waist belt so they are also popular with backpackers.