PDA

View Full Version : Sources for BM Barrels?

Hayduke
12-16-08, 18:42
Other than direct from BM, which their website has the barrel i'm looking for, are there any other dealers that may offer better prices? Or maybe should i be looking at other brands at well? i'm thinking the 16" heavy carbine barrel right now...or a FF varminter style as that was what i was originally looking for.

Flash Point
12-17-08, 19:07
I recently ordered a 20" government profile bbl from BM for $230.00. Another place I found (can't remember; may have been Del-Ton) had it for a few bucks less but without the handguards and muzzle brake, so I went with BM. The only drawback was that it took eight weeks to arrive.

I know BM doesn't make the "best" barrels but it was fine for the type of build I was doing.

Abraxas
12-17-08, 19:24
Why BM, is it price? How much do you want to spend? I ask because there are much better choices out there, but I realize that cost can or will make the ultimate decision.

Flash Point
12-17-08, 19:38
Why BM, is it price? How much do you want to spend? I ask because there are much better choices out there, but I realize that cost can or will make the ultimate decision.

Just out of curiosity, could anyone list the top 10 barrel makers along with a price comparison (highest to lowest)? I suppose we would have to limit the comparison to one type of barrel to get an accurate picture. Perhaps 16" and 20" government profiles?

Hayduke
12-17-08, 21:40
well i'm new to the AR's so i was just assuming a BM barrel for my BM rifle....

would i want to stick with a chromed barrel? price is kind of an issue right now so maybe try to stay under 300? i would like to be able to add a can in the near future while we still can and i already have the rails/sights i want to keep so just the barrel is what i'm after. really a standard 16" would do me fine as this rifle is my first forray into this world. i purchased an SBR unknowingly and want to make it "friendly" rather than jump through the paperwork hoops. is this realalistic? i just don't have the cash right now for the crazy prices uppers are going for these days.

Abraxas
12-17-08, 22:08
Carbon steel chrome lined barrel will have a longer life span but a stainless is capable of greater accuracy. Having said that, most people cannot get the full potential out of their rifle and would not be able to shoot the difference between the two. Your biggest problem is going to be availability, everyone seems to be out of everything. You should contact Rob(gotM4) or Grant (C4IGrant) on this sight and see if they can help or give any suggestions.