PDA

View Full Version : SIG P-250

Slater
02-25-22, 08:17
This gun was apparently a flop for SIG, although it was the basis for the more successful P-320. Never even seen one of these myself. What were the issues with it?

RHINOWSO
02-25-22, 08:26
People didn't like the DAO action of it.

Early on had some issues with spicy 357 and 9MM rounds.

Then you had the standard SIG Version 1 vs Version 2 with the frames & mags. But if you know SIG you should expect that by now.

Pretty much it.

lonestardiver
02-25-22, 08:58
The DAO is too bad, but it is a very long trigger pull. That is probably the reason most didn’t like it.

I have the 2sum package and added a compact frame so I have three sizes to choose from. Plus I bought .357sig barrels for all three sizes so I can convert between .40 and .357.

Alpha-17
02-25-22, 09:08
A few guys in my unit got ones as "deployment pistols" after we got back in late 2011. I shot one a couple of times and hated it. Felt very Glock-like (big brick in your hand), had a heavy and long DAO trigger, and didn't seem particularly accurate. (probably du to the trigger) My ParaUSA Expert GI felt like a custom race gun in comparison. Took a long time before I gave any of SIG's pistols a second glance after that.

RS4
02-26-22, 13:28
I bought one because of the DAO trigger. Not because I like DAO, but because I bough a laser cartridge and wanted to be able to keep practicing pulling the trigger versus racking the slide to reset a striker. I got a used subcompact slide assembly and frame for a little over a hundred bucks, and then bought the .22LR pistol to get the FCU. Shooting it with the laser really exposed some bad habits of a jerky trigger pull technique and not too stable grip. As I got hundreds of trigger pulls I began to get better and improve in accuracy. The cool thing for me is that it translated to improved accuracy with my other pistols. If you can smoothly pull a long 6.5lb DAO trigger, a 5.5lb striker trigger is a lot easier. Also it works with P320 grip modules, so I have it sitting in a Wilson Combat one that is pretty comfortable. I don’t carry it much, but it is a great pistol to practice with, which I can do cheaply (laser), not too expensive (.22LR), or full price (9mm). All for under $500. The .22LR slide assembly is relatively accurate too.

dont_tread_on_me
03-15-22, 14:07
My experience is a sample size of two. One ran fine the other had feeding issues despite going back to Sig for work. Plus the trigger everyone mentioned was meh but coming from classic series guns that wasn’t much of as a big deal as it is these days. Lessons learned for the 320 which seems to be doing fine.