PDA

View Full Version : QRF handguards

Backfire
02-26-22, 09:59
I see a lot of QRF and not M-Lok or keymod. Isn't QRF big and bulky or does it have the preferred lockup vs M-Lok?

02-26-22, 11:06
The QRF is almost identical profile as a KAC quad. Not bulky at all.

xFREDx
02-26-22, 11:07
A lot of personal preference. The mil 1913 is still king as far as durability. Mlok and keymod will work fine for probably 99% of people and will retain zero but mlok is stronger at that than keymod. As far what you are seeing what are talking about? For sale or out in the wild i consumer hands?

opngrnd
02-26-22, 13:32
Are these things even available? I haven't seen them anywhere lately.

RMiller
02-26-22, 14:15
I believe I read BCM isn't producing the QRF any longer.

Backfire
02-26-22, 15:06
My first AR was an M&P was picatinny quad. Didn't like it much but was solid.

Stickman
02-26-22, 17:16
I believe I read BCM isn't producing the QRF any longer.

Please quote your source, that way I can make sure I ignore anything they ever say again.

titsonritz
02-26-22, 23:42
I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buy one during this past Black Friday sale.

02-27-22, 10:01
I see a lot of QRF and not M-Lok or keymod. Isn't QRF big and bulky or does it have the preferred lockup vs M-Lok?
There’s some discussion of weight, quality, and dimensions here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?229872-Cheese-Graters-2021&highlight=

markm
02-27-22, 10:46
Agreed... not bulky at all unless you're into a super skinny handguard. My favorite rail right now is my QRF.

NYH1
02-28-22, 20:41
Are these things even available? I haven't seen them anywhere lately.

12" FDE in stock (https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-qrf-12-quad-rail-free-float-handguard-flat-dark-earth/).

NYH1.

Bullz
03-16-22, 07:33
Personal preference. I still prefer quad rails on guns that have stuff being added or removed, especially in the field. Most accessories are qd or tooless.

Again, personal preference, but I feel like the advantages of mlok and keymod are somewhat diluted if adding picatinny sections here and there. I don't like the additional failure point, nor do I like how the added part sticks out further from where my hand would rest on the rail.

Keymod and mlok do make for slim, light weight rails though.

markm
03-16-22, 08:17
Again, personal preference, but I feel like the advantages of mlok and keymod are somewhat diluted if adding picatinny sections here and there. I don't like the additional failure point, nor do I like how the added part sticks out further from where my hand would rest on the rail.

That... and you're mounting something solidly to the pic section... THEN giving it a weaker attachment to the rail. It's so dumb.