PDA

View Full Version : Sky news crew @ the wrong place wrong time Kyiv checkpoint - video

Lacos
03-05-22, 04:56
Journalists under fire @ Kyiv check point, all survived

“We were under full attack,” Ramsay wrote. “Bullets cascaded through the whole of the car, tracers, bullet flashes, windscreen glass, plastic seats, the steering wheel and dashboard had disintegrated.”

“It was professional, the rounds kept smashing into the car — they didn’t miss,” he added.“

https://nypost.com/2022/03/04/sky-news-correspondent-shot-while-covering-ukraine-invasion/

Averageman
03-05-22, 06:41
Looks like some self-administered pain happened right there.
When you go rolling around chasing battles, you're acting like a dog chasing cars, once you catch one and it flips you through the air and into a ditch, well, who's fault is that?
I have a friend who came kitty hair close to smoking a CNN team in Desert Storm.

markm
03-05-22, 06:44
I have no issues with media members getting slaughtered... AT ALL.

Business_Casual
03-05-22, 06:57
So he rolls up on a check point, takes a round and keeps going?

I believe the treatment civilian cars got in early Iraq was not different…

Jellybean
03-05-22, 12:00
I mean, for real though, the whole thing reminded me of that one scene from Bad Boys.... :laugh:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a1961b6c-57b1-419b-bc83-a2f185d2335c

“We were very lucky. But thousands of Ukrainians are dying, and families are being targeted by Russian hit squads just as we were, driving along in a family saloon and attacked,” he wrote. “This war gets worse by the day.”
Oh, spare me... :rolleyes:
It's called a checkpoint, or "non-permissive environment", you know, where they shoot at you if you just try to roll on through cuz there's a war on.

lowprone
03-05-22, 12:31
Stupid is as stupid does !

Coal Dragger
03-05-22, 15:58
So he rolls up on a check point, takes a round and keeps going?

I believe the treatment civilian cars got in early Iraq was not different…

Can confirm. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

SBRSarge
03-05-22, 16:09
“We were under full attack,” Ramsay wrote. “Bullets cascaded through the whole of the car, tracers, bullet flashes, windscreen glass, plastic seats, the steering wheel and dashboard had disintegrated.“

Did I miss something? All those rounds fired and the only hits were in body armor and they able to run away?