PDA

View Full Version : BHP sight question

seb5
03-06-22, 19:39
I recently acquired an older BHP MKII. It seems one of the few differences between the MKII and the MKIII is that the sights are dovetailed in the latter version. I owned several over the years and the best shooting ones were the Portuguese assembled MKIII's.

Who can suggest where I can send it to have the slide dove tailed to have usable sights put on it? Apparently there are many different dove tail cuts and so forth in the industry and I have no ideas. Thanks in advance.

Sam
03-06-22, 19:54
Novak.

jsbhike
03-06-22, 21:30
A few other small differences. As you stated, sights are one of the few parts that won't interchange with firing pin safety parts on MkIII S(MkIII did not have the fp safety) being another.

https://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Lightly%20Personalized%20Mk%20II.htm

Stephen Camp passed away a few years back, but FN didn't stay in production much past his death so the info is actually fairly up to date as far as FN pistols and several fairly direct copies go.

gunnerblue
03-06-22, 21:44
Cylinder and Slide as well

czgunner
03-06-22, 22:47
Don Williams built mine. Very pleased.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

yoni
03-07-22, 06:17
You have now had the top 3 Hi Power Smiths named. I have a Cylinder and Slide and a Novak, you can't go wrong with either. Friends have Don Williams, you can go wrong with him either.

cigardad
03-07-22, 07:19
Karl Sokol is still doing Hi-Power work. Novaks would probably be the quickest turnaround.

seb5
03-07-22, 10:12
Thank you all. I've already called two and left message and will call throughout the day. I thought people here would have the answers.

gunnerblue
03-07-22, 10:17
Karl Sokol is still doing Hi-Power work. Novaks would probably be the quickest turnaround.

This is the one that I couldn't remember. He seems to have very reasonable prices for how highly he is recommended.

L-2
03-08-22, 20:55
https://www.mk3firearms.com/shop?fbclid=IwAR3OIM9SJ6zVBMeMUSftwv-ajX0S1A05G4vDWUen8kzvm86WZgzdHFTJuPM
Here's another possible gunsmithing company. I haven't used them and wouldn't know what their back-log might be.
MK3 Firearms in Las Vegas, NV.