PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Pistol Barrels - Who Makes Them?

Press Check
03-10-22, 19:13
Curious regarding who manufactures and supplies most of the aftermarket retailers with pistol barrels? I’ve heard that most retailers like Agency, Salient, Zev, etc all get them from the same manufacturer.

mpom
03-10-22, 19:35
Only aftermarket barrels i own are made by Apex and Jarvis. Suspect they actually manufacture them, but cannot confirm.

Mark

Press Check
03-10-22, 19:52
I suspect that most of the barrels out there are rebranded KKM barrels.

titsonritz
03-10-22, 19:57

I get mine direct from KKM.

03-10-22, 20:44
I’ve got KKM, PMM, and Griffin. I suspect that each have the capability to make their own. PMM and Griffin use the same twist rate. KKM does not. This info is internet based; I’ve not attempted to measure it myself, so use a bit of salt. They all shoot well.

ggammell
03-10-22, 21:05

They certainly aren’t the same quality then.

Press Check
03-10-22, 21:57
KKM is just a wild guess because they've been around for so long. I'd definitely like to hear a definitive response, or a highly educated guess.

Texaspoff
03-10-22, 22:20
Curious regarding who manufactures and supplies most of the aftermarket retailers with pistol barrels? I’ve heard that most retailers like Agency, Salient, Zev, etc all get them from the same manufacturer.

KKM, Bar-Sto, Jarvis, Kart, Storm Lake, Vortakt, are some of the ones I know of. I'm sure several aftermarket companies use one of those vendors to have theirs made. It's hard to say who uses who and so forth.

Vortakt, specifically makes barrels for lots of different companies. I suspect they or another company like them, manufacture quite a few aftermarket companies.

TXPO

RWH24
03-12-22, 02:47
Wilson Combat makes their own IIRC and other brands also.

Whoever makes Lone Wolf Alpha barrels are tight. I bought a 2040 barrel for my G20 10mm to 40 Cal. Very tight lockup. Have not shot the 40 yet,

Biggy
03-12-22, 13:18
Faxon is another barrel manufacture.

golfer
03-12-22, 19:07
Faxon is another barrel manufacture.

Bar Sto is a very good long time maker of much more than pistol barrels. The one in my G19 sill shoot close to 1" at 26 probably better if I could do it. That is for 3 shots. Has done it more than once. I have their semi match barrel and fitted it myself. Not at all difficult. Also have a kkm that shoots very well.

graffex
03-13-22, 11:06
I’ve only ever shot and owned KKM. I absolutely love there match barrels.

https://i.ibb.co/MBvBp67/62-E4-B812-233-E-4-DA7-8260-6-A268-AA34-CE4.jpg (https://ibb.co/3R3RWzc)

C1-2DG
03-13-22, 14:22
Vortakt is a big producer, but Azimuth is the most prominent one.

Press Check
03-13-22, 23:29
Bar Sto is a very good long time maker of much more than pistol barrels. The one in my G19 sill shoot close to 1" at 26 probably better if I could do it. That is for 3 shots. Has done it more than once. I have their semi match barrel and fitted it myself. Not at all difficult. Also have a kkm that shoots very well.

Hey, I have a Bar-Sto semi-fit barrel in one of my Glock 19's. Wasn't hard to fit the barrel, but was extremely time consuming. When I finally reached the point where the slide would break loose by jamming the muzzle into my workbench, the final fitment consisted of shooting 250 rounds at the range. The barrel was fit about 7 years ago, and the slide still needs to be "popped" loose sometimes. Lock up is like a bank vault, and the pistol really shines at distances of 25 yards and beyond.

Only retailer I know that uses semi-fit Bar-Sto barrels in their Glock builds is Fowler Industries.

Off topic, but IMO, if it doesn't require fitment, it's not a match barrel.

James Dean
03-23-22, 23:52
I have a KKM conversion and a Lone wolf . 40 Both run fine in my Glock 32 Gen4