PDA

View Full Version : M&P 2.0 9mm accuracy

jedi391
03-11-22, 21:51
I haven’t been keeping track of the M&P world for a few years now and I was wondering if anyone had any updated data on M&P 2.0 9mm accuracy numbers? Particular groups beyond 25 yards. Have the accuracy issues that plagued the 1.0’s been fixed?

RWH24
03-12-22, 02:42
My 1.0, 4.25" 9mm was accurate to 25yds with fixed sights. All I had. I sent it in to Doug at ATEI.
Added an APEX Gunsmith Fit barrel and RMR06. The gun is much better than me as I am not as steady as I used to be.
My 2.0 9mm shoots as well with fixed sights as my 1.0. Both had HD/XR Orange before the 1.0 got the taller sights and RMR06.
I thought HD sights were da shizzle. When HDXR came out, my old eyes felt younger.
My 1.0 5" was a tack driver. Kick myself for trading it.

scooter22
03-12-22, 10:55
I don't really shoot for groups (yeah yeah B8s @ 25 we get it), but the 2.0 has been stellar all around IMO.

ST911
03-12-22, 11:12
I haven’t been keeping track of the M&P world for a few years now and I was wondering if anyone had any updated data on M&P 2.0 9mm accuracy numbers? Particular groups beyond 25 yards. Have the accuracy issues that plagued the 1.0’s been fixed?

Can't quantify for you, but would be fair to say that except for gen5 Glocks with GMB the 2.0s are on par with other full size mass produced service autos.

scooter22
03-12-22, 11:51
Can't quantify for you, but would be fair to say that except for gen5 Glocks with GMB the 2.0s are on par with other full size mass produced service autos.

For what it's worth, I shoot 2.0 better than Gen5.

mpom
03-12-22, 18:13
My 2.0 Compact is practically a laser, but it also has an Apex barrel and fire control group. Utterly reliable w factory or reloaded ammo. Daily carry.

Pappabear
03-13-22, 18:39
I never really worried about pistol accuracy, and for damn sure didn't worry about it past 25 yards. But mine was accurate enough for me. 1 inch or 3 inches at 25 yards kills bad guys.

Its never hurts to want better or more but I think this is often overrated on pistols.

PB

mpom
03-13-22, 19:01
Agree w PB for a purely self defense pistol but I also use my 2.0 for competition so wanted maximum accuracy, hence the Apex barrel. FWIW, a friend has the same pistol deposits a lot of soot on the red dot sight. Installed an Apex barrel and much less soot. Believe the delay in unlocking barrel from slide is why. Improved accuracy is a bonus, though accuracy w OEM barrel is probably adequate for SD use.

crosseyedshooter
03-14-22, 10:13
FWIW, a friend has the same pistol deposits a lot of soot on the red dot sight. Installed an Apex barrel and much less soot. Believe the delay in unlocking barrel from slide is why.

The carbon on my RMR window really annoys me. I wonder if it's the stupid witness-hole "loaded chamber indicator" S&W has since the 1.0 M&P. The SRO sort of overhangs a bit in the front and gets carbon on the housing, but the RMR just gets it right on the lens. I haven't been able to ever completely clean the carbon off, or maybe the lens coating is already etched or damaged. It's bothering me enough that I'm considering an Apex barrel if it'll prevent damage to my RMR.

mpom
03-14-22, 11:58
Well, if the hole is the primary reason for the soot on the front of a rds then the Apex barrel should not make a difference as it also has that goofy hole, but it does make a very big difference.
Brownells had it on sale for around $120 a while back.

G woody
03-14-22, 16:04
My 5" 2.0 (9mm) shoot pretty well. I have a 1.0 in 45 acp that is exceptionally accurate but has a horrible trigger. With these mass produced guns you pay your money & takes your chances !!! Probably won't get any better until GUNMAKERS are judges on quality again.

flanntastic
03-15-22, 15:34
The 2.0s are as accurate as any other striker gun, they fixed the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk