PDA

View Full Version : Russian threats against Sweden, Finland, and now BiH?

utahjeepr
03-18-22, 15:34
DaFuq is up with Pootie Boi and his minions? After the less than spectacular showing going on in Ukraine do they really think they scare anybody conventionally? Dude has gotten into Hunter's stash.

And just how in the hell does he think he's gonna get to BiH anyway? It's a 1000 mile road trip and the wheels are falling off his army just trying to go around the block. I mean it ain't like those morons are gonna pull off a D-Day via the Adriatic.

I don't care if they join NATO or not. That's up to them. They ought to at least form a three way pact though. Call it the "Putin can eat shit accords" or something just to F with him. ;)

BoringGuy45
03-18-22, 16:43
He's either gone crazy, has an ingenious plan in which the Russian supposed incompetence is a head fake to be followed by an operation that nobody in the world can counter, or he has credible evidence that he could literally launch a full scale invasion of a NATO country, including the U.S. mainland, and there would be no resistance. I'm tending to bank on the first.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-18-22, 17:12
BiH? Bosnia and Hurtztogonearthere?

That’s a road trip and a time machine.

It’s still a question whether or not the Russian performance in Ukraine is actually a reason to join NATO or a reason not to have to join NATO. From the history the Finnish would rather just kill as many Russians as they can and not divvy up the work to other people.

Maybe time for Erik to take his own little green men on a spring break trip to Moscow…

chuckman
03-18-22, 17:16
Finland is laughing in Finn....

They hate--and I mean, loathe--Russia....

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-18-22, 17:25
They need to cut this namby pamby neutral stuff and jump on the team and come on in for the big win

chuckman
03-18-22, 17:37
They need to cut this namby pamby neutral stuff and jump on the team and come on in for the big win

I can't speak for how Sweden and BiH think. Finland. Extraordinarily individualist in nature. They pretty much don't like anyone. They have eschewed NATO because screw groupthink and you-protecting-me. Chip on the shoulder and all. I would not be surprised if Finland joins now just to throw Putin a middle finger.

How do I know? My dad was Finn so I know all about the culture. Even coming to the US several family members would not speak English inside the home.

utahjeepr
03-18-22, 18:02
I don't know, I just think it's funny for Lavrov to be out there saying "If they move to join NATO we will attack them!" with the state of the operation in Ukraine. Especially considering that they would literally have to go through NATO states to get to Bosnia Herzegovina by land. That might prove a bit sticky.

The Finns might very well enjoy it. Who knows abut the Swedes, but if they can figure out how to market Russian bone coffee tables through IKEA then ...

I just can't fathom why the Russians are playing at it.

Skyyr
03-18-22, 18:16
I don't know, I just think it's funny for Lavrov to be out there saying "If they move to join NATO we will attack them!" with the state of the operation in Ukraine. Especially considering that they would literally have to go through NATO states to get to Bosnia Herzegovina by land. That might prove a bit sticky.

The Finns might very well enjoy it. Who knows abut the Swedes, but if they can figure out how to market Russian bone coffee tables through IKEA then ...

Because the point of the invasion was not to capture Ukraine, but rather make it unsuitable for NATO.

Russia doesn't want Ukraine as much as they want assurance NATO won't touch it, whether it's due to their own autonomy or a puppet government or an active state of war. They couldn't get the first two, so they went with the third option.

Even if Russia can't strategically win, as long as they can't be fully repelled, it's still a practical win for Russia. They've been fighting like this in Ukraine since 2013. Thats what most don't get. This isn't a new war, it's been going on for 9 years now.

Mjolnir
03-18-22, 18:21
Because the point of the invasion was not to capture Ukraine, but rather make it unsuitable for NATO.

Russia doesn't want Ukraine as much as they want assurance NATO won't touch it, whether it's due to their own autonomy or a puppet government or an active state of war. They couldn't get the first two, so they went with the third option.

Even if Russia can't strategically win, as long as they can't be fully repelled, it's still a practical win for Russia. They've been fighting like this in Ukraine since 2013. Thats what most don't get. This isn't a new war, it's been going on for 9 years now.

Actually, since 1991/92. The first Color Revolution was in 2004. It was unsuccessful, obviously. A decade later it was successful. That’s when the ultranationalists resurrected the Nazi heroes and the Nazi-themed militias grew openly/publicly which ended up shelling the Donbass for 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjolnir
03-18-22, 18:22

Few can because they don’t understand the goals and nature of NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
03-18-22, 18:40
Finland is laughing in Finn....

They hate--and I mean, loathe--Russia....

Russia must have the shortest memory in history with regard to Finland.

BoringGuy45
03-18-22, 18:46
Russia must have the shortest memory in history with regard to Finland.

Pretty much. Finland has been in a perpetual state of "**** around and see what happens," with Russia since the Winter War.