PDA

View Full Version : American Rifleman rant

RAM Engineer
12-17-08, 13:46
Ok...We are in historic times.
The most anti-gun administration in history has just been elected.
Gun and gun-related gear sales are at all time highs.
Sales of "Assault Rifles" predominate.
Of those, the AR platform is far and away the biggest seller.

You are the editor of the NRA's American Rifleman magazine.

What do you choose for your cover story this month?

If you said "A .410 revolver" you'd only be half right...It's a .410 revolver from TAURUS. :rolleyes:

At least they have a review of the Charles Daly M4 inside.

M4tographer
12-17-08, 13:48
...and most likely the stories were written months ago in time to publish this issue. ;) That's how publications like that work. They go to press sometimes months in advance. :)

uscbigdawg
12-17-08, 14:50
Hold on. The end of the year is coming which means we're just in time for the 30-06 vs. 308 or the 7mm-08 vs. 260 debate.

Rich

M4tographer
12-17-08, 14:57
Hold on. The end of the year is coming which means we're just in time for the 30-06 vs. 308 or the 7mm-08 vs. 260 debate.

Rich

1911 > Glock

:D

Flash Point
12-17-08, 20:44
The NRA sends me "America's 1st Freedom". It's a little better, but most articles tend to sound the same and tell me what I already know. I would rather have them keep the subscription and put those funds toward court battles.

thedog
12-17-08, 21:04
.45 -VS- 9mm

+1 for .45!! :D

dog

Avenger29
12-17-08, 23:01
1911 > Glock

Yes, but what happens when you pit a .45ACP Glock against a 9x19mm 1911?

Telperion
12-17-08, 23:08
There's an article on p.14, but really, who that's an NRA member hasn't gotten the message, multiple times? I know they've called me at least 3 times this election season.

I used to subscribe to America's 1st Freedom but by the time I read about it there, I'd already seen it on online forums.

sixboysdad
12-17-08, 23:16
Yes, but what happens when you pit a .45ACP Glock against a 9x19mm 1911? :D

:p :p The 9x19mm 1911 is an abomination, and contrary to all the teachings of The Prophet, John Moses. THe only true M1911 is in God's Chosen Caliber, .45 ACP. :p :p

MisterWilson
12-17-08, 23:28
What do you choose for your cover story this month?

If you said "A .410 revolver" you'd only be half right...It's a .410 revolver from TAURUS. :rolleyes:

Wonder who's going to win the Golden Advertiser, er, Bullseye this year?

decodeddiesel
12-17-08, 23:43
Eh, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it as printed media is certainly endangered, perhaps even facing an inevitable extinction.

Perhaps being linked to NRA membership will postpone it, but I give that rag 5 years max before it goes to some sort of online format.

ra2bach
12-18-08, 08:42

Rich

this is simple. 30-06 and .260. end of discussion.

Dave L.
12-18-08, 08:53
What about the "This is the BEST AR Ever" article...

Iraqgunz
12-18-08, 09:02
It's in the works so don't laugh. The final contestants are Wilson Arms, Bushmaster and DPMS. Of course they will only fire about 50 rounds per gun due to time constraints or difficulty in finding everything that they need in time.

What about the "This is the BEST AR Ever" article...

RAM Engineer
12-18-08, 09:03
Eh, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it as printed media is certainly endangered, perhaps even facing an inevitable extinction.

Perhaps being linked to NRA membership will postpone it, but I give that rag 5 years max before it goes to some sort of online format.

I believe they've already started putting articles online. If they were to put out a DVD with .pdfs of all their old issues, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I DO enjoy the historical articles, however. You don't get that in the magazine stand gun rags.

decodeddiesel
12-18-08, 09:08
It's in the works so don't laugh. The final contestants are Wilson Arms, Bushmaster and DPMS. Of course they will only fire about 50 rounds per gun due to time constraints or difficulty in finding everything that they need in time.

Lovely.

Iraqgunz
12-18-08, 09:14
I guess I should have used sarcastic smiley face guy in my post. :rolleyes:

Lovely.

decodeddiesel
12-18-08, 09:46

No, I know you were being sarcastic, so was I. :cool:

markm
12-18-08, 10:22
The "Judge" pistol article has further driven home my impression that MOST gun owners are basically RETARDS.

That stupid pistol is what Generated lots of excitement and inquiries by Goofballs nationwide? :confused:

The shotgun for home defense crowd will really like this stupid thing!

Avenger29
12-18-08, 10:56
The "Judge" pistol article has further driven home my impression that MOST gun owners are basically RETARDS.

That stupid pistol is what Generated lots of excitement and inquiries by Goofballs nationwide? :confused:

The shotgun for home defense crowd will really like this stupid thing!

I know...a lot of gunowners with limited knowledge or a lot of people looking to own a gun start spouting off about it.

People are talking about "wounding" shots with the .410 revolver, using "birdshot", not having to aim, etc...all this stupid crap that could going to get them killed if they ever have to use the pistol...

Gawd, the stupidity never ends...

markm
12-18-08, 11:09
Gawd, the stupidity never ends...

I look at it like this....

At least the dumber the shooter, the less lethal he is going to be.

Avenger29
12-18-08, 11:18
I look at it like this....

At least the dumber the shooter, the less lethal he is going to be.

The problem is, the stupids spread their bad advice, and more and more new shooters listen to them and become like them...

DrewH
12-18-08, 12:03
Don't see the problem, given the review of the Charles Daly M4LE model. Plenty of AR articles in the magazine over the year. Not everyone wants to read about ARs all the time. I like the historical articles myself.

parishioner
12-18-08, 14:26
Although it may not be the most ideal home defense weapon, it has served my father well at our deer camp. He had to use it against a wild dog and a rattlesnake. Its also pretty fun to shoot. Its not all bad. :)

Charles Daly
12-18-08, 15:45
Don't see the problem, given the review of the Charles Daly M4LE model. Plenty of AR articles in the magazine over the year. Not everyone wants to read about ARs all the time. I like the historical articles myself.

Just saw the review of our rifle and have to say that we do appreciate the ink. We can hardly afford to advertise with them and yet they have given us some nice coverage over the years.

I'm just wondering where they got the idea that our D-M4LE has a two-stage trigger. :confused:

Dave L.
12-18-08, 15:56
I'm just wondering where they got the idea that our D-M4LE has a two-stage trigger. :confused:

You mean it doesn't :eek:;)

Iraqgunz
12-18-08, 15:58
Mike,

It's called some these guys don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I wonder if they bothered to do any research about your carbine at all? If I wasn't desperate for some reading material I would cease buying all but a few of the gun rags. Nice to hear that you guys got some airtime though.

Just saw the review of our rifle and have to say that we do appreciate the ink. We can hardly afford to advertise with them and yet they have given us some nice coverage over the years.

ReCon_1
12-18-08, 21:36

No, because CMMG would have been listed if you were serious :)

jtb0311
12-18-08, 23:44
Yes, but what happens when you pit a .45ACP Glock against a 9x19mm 1911?

http://www.slasherama.com/images/gg/scanners2.jpg

markm
12-19-08, 07:02
The problem is, the stupids spread their bad advice, and more and more new shooters listen to them and become like them...

Wait till the Cheapo thigh rig comes out for that stupid pistol! :p
It'll probably have slots for extra .410 shells!

Shit! I should make it. I can't count how many times I've seen someone make a lot of money on a retarded gun product! (KNS PINS? HELLO!!!)

markm
12-19-08, 07:03

Because you have to:

1. Put your finger on the trigger, and..

2. Pull the trigger!

TWO STAGES!! :p

Jay Cunningham
12-19-08, 07:06
A guy at work took all this time to ask me my opinion on what kind of pistol to buy. I gave him the usual: Glock, M&P, etc.

He winds up buying this damn Taurus Judge. What could I do? I told him wow, that's great!!

:p

markm
12-19-08, 08:12
A guy at work took all this time to ask me my opinion on what kind of pistol to buy. I gave him the usual: Glock, M&P, etc.

He winds up buying this damn Taurus Judge. What could I do? I told him wow, that's great!!

:p

That shit happens to me all the time. I no longer try to help people with little gun knowledge. They don't listen anyway. I've gotten to where I'll commend their stupidity too! :D

decodeddiesel
12-19-08, 08:17
That shit happens to me all the time. I no longer try to help people with little gun knowledge. They don't listen anyway. I've gotten to where I'll commend their stupidity too! :D

Happens at my work all of the time as well. One of my co-corkers just came to me asking about ARs or maybe an AK, what does he end u with? A Mini-30 :rolleyes:

You just can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try.

RAM Engineer
12-19-08, 09:02
Happens at my work all of the time as well. One of my co-corkers just came to me asking about ARs or maybe an AK, what does he end u with? A Mini-30 :rolleyes:

You just can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try.

In the last 6 months I've influenced a few coworkers to purchase:

1 Glock 19
1 Colt 6920
1 LMT
1 Noveske N4

I still can't convice one other guy that Olympic Arms is not the best AR maker out there, though...

Jay Cunningham
12-19-08, 09:14
They go to the gun store and they have Glock 19 in their head, then the guy behind the counter starts with his sales pitch. Well, I can't blame them - there's no way I could know more than the guy at the gun store!

:eek:

Spade
12-19-08, 12:29
:p :p The 9x19mm 1911 is an abomination, and contrary to all the teachings of The Prophet, John Moses. THe only true M1911 is in God's Chosen Caliber, .45 ACP. :p :p

friggin awesome