PDA

View Full Version : FBI pays out $128M to Parkland Families

WillBrink
03-22-22, 12:51
This seems to have gotten surprisingly little attention, no doubt fallen between the cracks of covid and now Ukraine. It's big deal however. Has anyone successful sued the FBI and won over something similar? I have never in all my life read a more avoidable tragedy of this nature than this event. There's been some terrible events where human failures accounted for it, nothing comes close to Parkland and the FBI's part in that just tip of the iceberg. And yet, the roaches used that event to push for more gun control...

If fuzzy on the details, do yourself a favor and read this article now: UNPREPARED AND OVERWHELMED (https://projects.sun-sentinel.com/2018/sfl-parkland-school-shooting-critical-moments/)

How ever bad you think it was, it was far worse, and that still does not cover it all.

Feds pay $128M to families after FBI bungled tips about Parkland school shooter

The federal government will pay a $127.5 million settlement over the Parkland, Fla. school massacre — after it admitted the FBI didn’t follow up on two tips that could have prevented the massacre.

The legal deal announced Wednesday settles 40 lawsuits tied to the 2018 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, which remains the largest high school shooting in US history.

The Department of Justice did not admit fault in the shootings, and the settlement “resolved all the cases” filed against the government by family members of the 16 shooting victims and all the survivors of the attack, a news release said.

Nikolas Cruz, 23, had pleaded guilty to killing 17 students and staff members at the school, and trying to kill 17 others when he opened fired on his former classmates and teachers with a semi-automatic weapon on Valentine’s Day in 2018.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2022/1557/BillText/er/PDF

john armond
03-22-22, 14:15
I watched that first synopsis you linked when it first came out. Amazing that the deputy took about 1.5min to put on his vest AND make sure to remove his body camera and reset it up on the vest he just donned. Who gives a crap about a camera at that point. Got to have those body cameras on to show what were weren't doing. I wonder if "body camera, body camera, body camera" was so stressed to the deputies that they were more subliminally concerned about that than the shooting.

So much fail in the entire event!!!!

AndyLate
03-22-22, 14:33
No one loses a job "did not admit fault" and the US taxpayers give money to some other US taxpayers as restitution for the actions of an agency we have zero control over.

Go justice!

Andy

Diamondback
03-22-22, 14:46
And the ass-sucking garbage who let this happen, probably WANTED it to happen, are left in a position where they can enable the next walking hand grenade to kill a bunch more kids to drive the gun-grabbing and power-seizing agenda.

Averageman
03-22-22, 14:50
And suddenly a large group of college sophomores descended upon local Chevy dealerships purchasing as many as five Corvettes each.

markm
03-22-22, 14:58
Bingo, bingo, and bingo to the three prior posts. No accountability... we'll just pay you off with other peoples' money.

czgunner
03-22-22, 15:14
Now that is fantastic news! Unlikely, but I'd like to see this cause some corruption with our corrupt, unelected, alphabet agencies. Like I said, though, unlikely.
Over and over we hear that police and FBI are notified about "off" behavior. Tips are ignored and people get hurt or killed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

czgunner
03-22-22, 15:15
Bingo, bingo, and bingo to the three prior posts. No accountability... we'll just pay you off with other peoples' money.That is a problem, our tax money being used.

Diamondback
03-22-22, 15:18
That is a problem, our tax money being used.

The question is, what can we do to reimpose a culture of personal accountability on an entire government whose sole purpose seems to be the avoidance thereof?

czgunner
03-22-22, 16:21
The question is, what can we do to reimpose a culture of personal accountability on an entire government whose sole purpose seems to be the avoidance thereof?I don't know the answer. I'm just frustrated and want it to change.

utahjeepr
03-22-22, 19:25
To add insult to injury, this won't even come out of the FBI or DOJ budgets. There is a separate slush fund (Judgement Fund) permanent appropriation so the taxpayers can pay the government to misbehave.

FBI won't actually pay a cent. No skin off their nose, just ours.

SteyrAUG
03-22-22, 20:55
Bingo, bingo, and bingo to the three prior posts. No accountability... we'll just pay you off with other peoples' money.

Gonna just +1 what has already been said. This one is so bad I actually wish I didn't know half the shit I know. This went down about 5 miles from my house about a 3 months after I moved. I knew so many people involved (school system and law enforcement) it wasn't funny. One of my best friends had an appointment to drop off materials at the time of the shooting but was running late and decided to drop them off in the morning instead on his way to work at the school board downtown.

He had to go to literally dozens of funerals.

WillBrink
03-23-22, 08:05
Gonna just +1 what has already been said. This one is so bad I actually wish I didn't know half the shit I know. This went down about 5 miles from my house about a 3 months after I moved. I knew so many people involved (school system and law enforcement) it wasn't funny. One of my best friends had an appointment to drop off materials at the time of the shooting but was running late and decided to drop them off in the morning instead on his way to work at the school board downtown.

He had to go to literally dozens of funerals.

It's truly depressing. As I said in the OP, however bad people think it was, it was far worse.

Tanner
03-23-22, 17:53
The murders of those students/faculty was due to the stupidly and negligence of the Broward county sheriffs, fbi, and 'city' of parkland. The city of parkland, being dubbed as the safest city in Florida, manipulates and fudges its crime statistics to remain that way. The fbi and Broward sheriffs had more than sufficient warning to intervene and prevent the event, but was either incompetent, plain stupid, outrageously negligent, or purposely allowed it to occur. And don't get me started on that rancid liberal kunt, sheriff scott israel. A fine example of worthless liberal slime imported from ny.
Parkland, btw, is far from a city; its a mere conglomeration of housing developments (wealthy ones at that) and strip malls, nothing else. An overcrowded area of mostly entitled pieces of chit, the majority of which hail from the northeast. I moved out of Parkland Golf and Country, one of the developments, a year after that incident occurred. I recall a traffic incident with Broward (known afterwards as COWARD) county sheriffs sometime after, where I was asked, Do you know why I pulled you over? My response was "I bet you're hiding or avoiding a school shooting". And yes I did received a citation, but ticketclinic got it dismissed. They are great at pulling over soccer moms for going a 45 in 40, and nothing else, useless phucking assholes.

SteyrAUG
03-23-22, 19:04
The murders of those students/faculty was due to the stupidly and negligence of the Broward county sheriffs, fbi, and 'city' of parkland. The city of parkland, being dubbed as the safest city in Florida, manipulates and fudges its crime statistics to remain that way. The fbi and Broward sheriffs had more than sufficient warning to intervene and prevent the event, but was either incompetent, plain stupid, outrageously negligent, or purposely allowed it to occur. And don't get me started on that rancid liberal kunt, sheriff scott israel. A fine example of worthless liberal slime imported from ny.
Parkland, btw, is far from a city; its a mere conglomeration of housing developments (wealthy ones at that) and strip malls, nothing else. An overcrowded area of mostly entitled pieces of chit, the majority of which hail from the northeast. I moved out of Parkland Golf and Country, one of the developments, a year after that incident occurred. I recall a traffic incident with Broward (known afterwards as COWARD) county sheriffs sometime after, where I was asked, Do you know why I pulled you over? My response was "I bet you're hiding or avoiding a school shooting". And yes I did received a citation, but ticketclinic got it dismissed. They are great at pulling over soccer moms for going a 45 in 40, and nothing else, useless phucking assholes.

So I knew Israel going all the way back to when he was running the narcotics team at Ft. Lauderdale early 90s and BSO has been a joke from Navarro chasing rap groups to Ken Jenne's worthless ass. We briefly had actual leadership with Lamberti (one of the few with actual LE experience) but that couldn't last because he might actually do something meaningful. But while the position of Sheriff has mostly been a "political office" there are, or at least were, a LOT of good guys serving and suffering in the ranks.

The guy who pulls you over probably isn't a Scott Peterson and most of the time doesn't deserve our scorn, save it for the assholes in charge. Granted there is a "environment" of non proactive policing at BSO due to their leadership problems, but I know a lot of guys who personally cursed the fact that they weren't close enough or available enough to be a first responder. I know the first few staked out the parking lot and I agree with the F them assessment, but other responding BSO deputies, when the realized only a few other guys had gone in went against "herd mentality" and went inside to support.

I think many of us here probably know exactly who did what and who didn't and who did it anyway even though it wasn't even their responsibility. But it's a shame that an entire agency full of capable and competent individuals is now eating shit because of the policies of a recent leader they didn't have any say in electing and the actions of one coward and a couple guys who couldn't independently assess and thing like individuals.

Also nobody in Parkland deserved this. I don't care how wealthy you are or are not, I don't care where you moved here from, nobody deserved this.

Tanner
03-23-22, 22:23
So I knew Israel going all the way back to when he was running the narcotics team at Ft. Lauderdale early 90s and BSO has been a joke from Navarro chasing rap groups to Ken Jenne's worthless ass. We briefly had actual leadership with Lamberti (one of the few with actual LE experience) but that couldn't last because he might actually do something meaningful. But while the position of Sheriff has mostly been a "political office" there are, or at least were, a LOT of good guys serving and suffering in the ranks.

The guy who pulls you over probably isn't a Scott Peterson and most of the time doesn't deserve our scorn, save it for the assholes in charge. Granted there is a "environment" of non proactive policing at BSO due to their leadership problems, but I know a lot of guys who personally cursed the fact that they weren't close enough or available enough to be a first responder. I know the first few staked out the parking lot and I agree with the F them assessment, but other responding BSO deputies, when the realized only a few other guys had gone in went against "herd mentality" and went inside to support.

I think many of us here probably know exactly who did what and who didn't and who did it anyway even though it wasn't even their responsibility. But it's a shame that an entire agency full of capable and competent individuals is now eating shit because of the policies of a recent leader they didn't have any say in electing and the actions of one coward and a couple guys who couldn't independently assess and thing like individuals.

Also nobody in Parkland deserved this. I don't care how wealthy you are or are not, I don't care where you moved here from, nobody deserved this.

I never said or implied that anyone deserved what happened; also, the officers who went in and 'went against the herd mentality' were Coral Springs police.
Granted I used a 'broad brush' to label the entire BSO, and perhaps the parkland residents. Maybe it was unfair and an error on my part, apparently some angered resurfaced,

Tanner
03-23-22, 22:23

I never said or implied that anyone deserved what happened; also, the officers who went in and 'went against the herd mentality' were Coral Springs police.
Granted I used a 'broad brush' to label the entire BSO, and perhaps the parkland residents. Maybe it was unfair and an error on my part, apparently some angered resurfaced,

WillBrink
03-24-22, 09:06

I was about to make that comment. As the well supported story goes, the Coral Springs police got so angry when they arrived to find the BSO guys standing around with their D's in their hands, it almost came to physical blows. That was quickly washed over by the the powers that be not wanting to throw fellow LEOs under the bus who were indeed "just following orders" but the Coral Springs guys were having none of that and were not working under the same SOP. My understanding is none of the BSO sheriffs entered the school until the Coral Springs guys showed up, unless SteyrAUG knows something about that I/we don't.

I will say that the BSO sheriffs were put in a difficult position as to follow orders or say "F that, we go now" but the ultimate blame is with Israel as to the complete C up that was their response.

The failure starting with Israel who personally changed the SOP for dealing with an active school shooting to differ from literally every other department in the nation (1), to the diversity hire captain (allowed to retire with full benefits) Jordon who instructed them to stay outside, to the RSO (also walked away with full benefits I believe) who hid, and on and on it goes.

And more important is, this event never needed to happen at all if just one damn adult in the loop had done their job, it never would have happened. Police, FBI, school board, and on it goes, and all it really lead to was a call for more gun control as the answer.

I INFURIATES me every time I think about it, and it does not get any less infuriating with time, at least not yet,

(1) now making 65k a year for his utter incompetence: https://nypost.com/2021/05/15/sheriff-fired-after-parkland-shooting-is-reportedly-back-at-work/

glocktogo
03-24-22, 10:14
I was about to make that comment. As the well supported story goes, the Coral Springs police got so angry when they arrived to find the BSO guys standing around with their D's in their hands, it almost came to physical blows. That was quickly washed over by the the powers that be not wanting to throw fellow LEOs under the bus who were indeed "just following orders" but the Coral Springs guys were having none of that and were not working under the same SOP. My understanding is none of the BSO sheriffs entered the school until the Coral Springs guys showed up, unless SteyrAUG knows something about that I/we don't.

I will say that the BSO sheriffs were put in a difficult position as to follow orders or say "F that, we go now" but the ultimate blame is with Israel as to the complete C up that was their response.

The failure starting with Israel who personally changed the SOP for dealing with an active school shooting to differ from literally every other department in the nation (1), to the diversity hire captain (allowed to retire with full benefits) Jordon who instructed them to stay outside, to the RSO (also walked away with full benefits I believe) who hid, and on and on it goes.

And more important is, this event never needed to happen at all if just one damn adult in the loop had done their job, it never would have happened. Police, FBI, school board, and on it goes, and all it really lead to was a call for more gun control as the answer.

I INFURIATES me every time I think about it, and it does not get any less infuriating with time, at least not yet,

(1) now making 65k a year for his utter incompetence: https://nypost.com/2021/05/15/sheriff-fired-after-parkland-shooting-is-reportedly-back-at-work/

BSO absolutely had a culture problem. Otherwise, someone would’ve done the right thing. I have no idea whether they still have a culture problem or not, but they did when this went sideways.

WillBrink
03-24-22, 11:12
BSO absolutely had a culture problem. Otherwise, someone would’ve done the right thing. I have no idea whether they still have a culture problem or not, but they did when this went sideways.

You know how it plays, bring in a new person, claim big changes made in policy and culture, same chit different day. I don't know if any legit changes made, but my understanding the person who replaced last guy, is no better. SteyrAUG knows that PD much better than I do and can comment.

They at least revised the SOP for an active shooting which Israel personally changed the language all PDs use from "shall" to "may", which was a major aspect of the complete F up for their response. This is where he and others having legal protections from any real consequences is a total failure of justice. What does your SOP say for an active shooting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ-uQtoX8U

SteyrAUG
03-24-22, 16:45

Bunch of guys from more than a few agencies went in. Also last time I checked, didn't Coral Springs get absorbed by BSO?

I understand anger and all that and it sounded like you were saying "entitled people from NE so couldn't happen to better people", if that isn't where you were going with that, my error.

Frustration with the current level of law enforcement and policies was on my Top 20 list of reasons to bail on South Florida.

SteyrAUG
03-24-22, 16:49
My understanding is none of the BSO sheriffs entered the school until the Coral Springs guys showed up, unless SteyrAUG knows something about that I/we don't.

Didn't some BSO guys who arrived after Springs go in, which the original BSO group continued to guard the parking lot? Also weren't there two Miami SWAT guys who happened to be training locally that morning also in the building with Springs? It's also my understanding that Sunrise PD also responded and entered the building before the event was known to be concluded.

WillBrink
03-24-22, 17:25
Didn't some BSO guys who arrived after Springs go in, which the original BSO group continued to guard the parking lot? Also weren't there two Miami SWAT guys who happened to be training locally that morning also in the building with Springs? It's also my understanding that Sunrise PD also responded and entered the building before the event was known to be concluded.

After Springs went in, is the key aspect there. That's my understanding, and some went in with/after Coral Springs, some continued to guard the parking lot, the one Sgt actually lost his job over it. By the time anyone finally entered the school, the only reason it ended, was the shooter ran out of ammo, put the gun down, and easily and calmly walked out of the school.

glocktogo
03-24-22, 18:05
You know how it plays, bring in a new person, claim big changes made in policy and culture, same chit different day. I don't know if any legit changes made, but my understanding the person who replaced last guy, is no better. SteyrAUG knows that PD much better than I do and can comment.

They at least revised the SOP for an active shooting which Israel personally changed the language all PDs use from "shall" to "may", which was a major aspect of the complete F up for their response. This is where he and others having legal protections from any real consequences is a total failure of justice. What does your SOP say for an active shooting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ-uQtoX8U

My local agency (which I’m no longer with) SOP said you go in. Specifically from the mouth of the Undersheriff, “Some days it sucks to be you, deal with it.” I have no reservations in saying he’d fire anyone who refused to go in on the spot.

That’s the difference between an administrator and a leader.

WillBrink
03-24-22, 22:06
My local agency (which I’m no longer with) SOP said you go in. Specifically from the mouth of the Undersheriff, “Some days it sucks to be you, deal with it.” I have no reservations in saying he’d fire anyone who refused to go in on the spot.

I believe that's the SOP of literally every PD post Columbine, (correct if wrong), and he took it on himself to change it.

SteyrAUG
03-24-22, 22:20
After Springs went in, is the key aspect there. That's my understanding, and some went in with/after Coral Springs, some continued to guard the parking lot, the one Sgt actually lost his job over it. By the time anyone finally entered the school, the only reason it ended, was the shooter ran out of ammo, put the gun down, and easily and calmly walked out of the school.

My point was, some guys who showed up AFTER Springs had already gone in, figured out what was what and went in rather than join their buddies at the discussion group in the parking lot. They didn't know the sitrep of anything inside when they went in other than the fact that guys were in there and probably still needed help.

Credit where credit is due and all that.

SteyrAUG
03-24-22, 22:34
I believe that's the SOP of literally every PD post Columbine, (correct if wrong), and he took it on himself to change it.

I think Peterson is more to blame than Israel (not that I think Scott deserves a pass), he stayed outside while unarmed employees ran into the building. When BSO and other LEOs began to arrive, Peterson was their first contact and as he provided his BS excuses as to why he wasn't inside I think he created "doubt and confusion" in some LEOs who might otherwise have gone in. Again, not trying to give them a pass, but I can see where Peterson holding outdoors could cause other responders to second guess everything until finally somebody says "F that, we're going in."

If you want to talk SOP, it's pretty standard SOP to defer to the guy who got there first with the assumption that he understands the situation best. You may not know he's a walking, talking disaster who has no business being a SRO. From your first day you are taught they are the ones who are assigned to that school, they will understand the situation better than anyone. It takes a lot of experience to figure out they are actually useless right now and it's time to take control of the situation.

Had the SRO that day been a proactive kind of guy, he'd have been this is what I think is happening, this is what we are doing - let's go. I know a lot of guys who would have gone directly in, Peterson just wasn't one of them. It's kind of a shame that football coach who got killed trying to rescue kids wasn't armed.

Tanner
03-24-22, 22:46
Bunch of guys from more than a few agencies went in. Also last time I checked, didn't Coral Springs get absorbed by BSO?

I understand anger and all that and it sounded like you were saying "entitled people from NE so couldn't happen to better people", if that isn't where you were going with that, my error.

Frustration with the current level of law enforcement and policies was on my Top 20 list of reasons to bail on South Florida.
Parkland PD was incorporated into BSO. Coral Springs PD still independent. BSO eventually went in AFTER Coral Springs pd made entry.

T2C
03-25-22, 07:05

That's SOP in the Midwest. If you are geared up and ready to go, and no help is within a few seconds of arriving on scene, you go in. You don't stand around while an active shooter is attacking children, you suck it up and move to contact with the threat.

WillBrink
03-25-22, 11:24
I think Peterson is more to blame than Israel (not that I think Scott deserves a pass), he stayed outside while unarmed employees ran into the building. When BSO and other LEOs began to arrive, Peterson was their first contact and as he provided his BS excuses as to why he wasn't inside I think he created "doubt and confusion" in some LEOs who might otherwise have gone in. Again, not trying to give them a pass, but I can see where Peterson holding outdoors could cause other responders to second guess everything until finally somebody says "F that, we're going in."

If you want to talk SOP, it's pretty standard SOP to defer to the guy who got there first with the assumption that he understands the situation best. You may not know he's a walking, talking disaster who has no business being a SRO. From your first day you are taught they are the ones who are assigned to that school, they will understand the situation better than anyone. It takes a lot of experience to figure out they are actually useless right now and it's time to take control of the situation.

Had the SRO that day been a proactive kind of guy, he'd have been this is what I think is happening, this is what we are doing - let's go. I know a lot of guys who would have gone directly in, Peterson just wasn't one of them. It's kind of a shame that football coach who got killed trying to rescue kids wasn't armed.

One thing is for sure, there's more than enough blame to hand out to all of them but a few, only those who went straight in on arrival get a pass of any kind. The SOP for virtually all PDs far as I know post Columbine is, ready or not, alone or not, etc, you go in, the end. That Israel took it on himself to change it, creating the cascade effect that took place when SHTF, puts him dead center of the blame in my view, and it all stemmed from his total and complete failure of leadership which rotted the org down to useless when needed most.

WillBrink
03-25-22, 11:27
That's SOP in the Midwest. If you are geared up and ready to go, and no help is within a few seconds of arriving on scene, you go in. You don't stand around while an active shooter is attacking children, you suck it up and move to contact with the threat.

That must be the SOP for 99% of the PDs, but I don't know. Not spoken to anyone that was not the SOP since Columbine. And, you had the SRO there the entire time hiding on camera who claimed he didn't go in because he could not tell where the gun fire was coming from.

SteyrAUG
03-25-22, 22:16
One thing is for sure, there's more than enough blame to hand out to all of them but a few, only those who went straight in on arrival get a pass of any kind. The SOP for virtually all PDs far as I know post Columbine is, ready or not, alone or not, etc, you go in, the end. That Israel took it on himself to change it, creating the cascade effect that took place when SHTF, puts him dead center of the blame in my view, and it all stemmed from his total and complete failure of leadership which rotted the org down to useless when needed most.

So we are same page, not trying to give anyone a pass. But I can understand how things go wrong even if people didn't do it intentionally.

But a big part of the problem was Peterson standing there with excuses which the first responding deputies were trying to process as "threat assessments" before they just go running into a building with insufficient intel.

Personally Israels leadership of BSO was almost as bad as Ken Jenne and he is one of the worst I can think of. I can think of 6 completely plausible reasons he should have been arrested.

SteyrAUG
03-25-22, 22:25
That must be the SOP for 99% of the PDs, but I don't know. Not spoken to anyone that was not the SOP since Columbine. And, you had the SRO there the entire time hiding on camera who claimed he didn't go in because he could not tell where the gun fire was coming from.

Ironically, given the fact that Columbine was rigged with propane nail bombs at every door, I can "sorta" understand why they didn't immediately go in. Dead cops aren't gonna rescue anyone and you might kill kids in proximity who otherwise might escape if you take a couple minutes to figure this out.

Of course once everyone saw the enormity of the situation, not to mention the video, the policy became "Just go in, we don't care if the building is on fire...you still go in."

I still think, regardless of what Israel changed on the books, that 60% of BSO would have still gone in if not for Peterson. A thinking person see's the SRO standing in a parking lot and doesn't think "this guy is a fat ass coward", they think "there must be a reason the SRO hasn't gone in and I need to understand what is going on."

Obviously guys responding from other departments had a little more objectivity and not that I'm saying anything bad about anyone, but those first guys who actually did go in, thought they were supporting officers who were already inside - they had no idea they were first ones in the door.

As you noted earlier, the entire thing was a shit show from start to finish. The only thing worse than the event itself and the victims was how goddamn preventable the whole thing was. It might be the most preventable school shooting in the history of school shootings.

WillBrink
03-26-22, 08:09
Ironically, given the fact that Columbine was rigged with propane nail bombs at every door, I can "sorta" understand why they didn't immediately go in. Dead cops aren't gonna rescue anyone and you might kill kids in proximity who otherwise might escape if you take a couple minutes to figure this out.

Of course once everyone saw the enormity of the situation, not to mention the video, the policy became "Just go in, we don't care if the building is on fire...you still go in."

I still think, regardless of what Israel changed on the books, that 60% of BSO would have still gone in if not for Peterson. A thinking person see's the SRO standing in a parking lot and doesn't think "this guy is a fat ass coward", they think "there must be a reason the SRO hasn't gone in and I need to understand what is going on."

Obviously guys responding from other departments had a little more objectivity and not that I'm saying anything bad about anyone, but those first guys who actually did go in, thought they were supporting officers who were already inside - they had no idea they were first ones in the door.

As you noted earlier, the entire thing was a shit show from start to finish. The only thing worse than the event itself and the victims was how goddamn preventable the whole thing was. It might be the most preventable school shooting in the history of school shootings.

That's the worst part of it all. And when the lights were turned on, all the roaches responsible scattered and new calls for gun control was the answer.

T2C
03-26-22, 08:35

In my experience, at least half of the SRO's in our part of the country were assigned to schools, because they couldn't cut it as a street cop. An SRO is not assigned to a school to play the part of Mr. Rogers. Their job is to protect the children.

SteyrAUG
03-26-22, 14:28
In my experience, at least half of the SRO's in our part of the country were assigned to schools, because they couldn't cut it as a street cop. An SRO is not assigned to a school to play the part of Mr. Rogers. Their job is to protect the children.

Don't wait for arguments.