PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Enhanced Ejection Port Cover

prepare
03-23-22, 05:08
https://youtu.be/WvjZIB7Jspo
PRODUCT DETAILS
The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover is a drop-in upgrade designed to provide an improved installation process, physical strength, and corrosion resistance over the standard USGI ejection port cover. Traditional stamped-steel ejection ports are malleable, prone to corrosion, and require tools to install. The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover snaps into place easily without having to remove your hand guard or barrel nut, wind any loose springs, or adjust small e-clips. Constructed of impact-resistant injection molded polymer, it is corrosion resistant and will not bend or deform from impacts.

More rugged than metal
Durable, injection-molded polymer construction
Corrosion resistant components
Will not bend or deform from impacts
Installs easily in seconds
Direct replacement for USGI ejection port cover
Made in the USA

This could be an actually upgrade albeit a minor one. Given that ejection molding doesn't deform and the ease of installation for new builds with the captured spring and rod assembly.

gaijin
03-23-22, 06:12
Out of a dozen+ ARs, through 40+ years, I’ve never had an issue with Ejection Port Cover/EPC.
I suppose it could happen.

Inkslinger
03-23-22, 06:29
I bet it can come off as easy as it goes on. I’m sure it will sell like gangbusters though. I’ll stick to the standard dust cover.

1986s4
03-23-22, 07:03
I bet it can come off as easy as it goes on. I’m sure it will sell like gangbusters though. I’ll stick to the standard dust cover.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. We'll see how it works in the wild.

Red*Lion
03-23-22, 07:43
An interesting product. Simple and logical. I may try it on a future build.

bamashooter
03-23-22, 07:58
https://youtu.be/WvjZIB7Jspo
PRODUCT DETAILS
The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover is a drop-in upgrade designed to provide an improved installation process, physical strength, and corrosion resistance over the standard USGI ejection port cover. Traditional stamped-steel ejection ports are malleable, prone to corrosion, and require tools to install. The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover snaps into place easily without having to remove your hand guard or barrel nut, wind any loose springs, or adjust small e-clips. Constructed of impact-resistant injection molded polymer, it is corrosion resistant and will not bend or deform from impacts.

More rugged than metal
Durable, injection-molded polymer construction
Corrosion resistant components
Will not bend or deform from impacts
Installs easily in seconds
Direct replacement for USGI ejection port cover
Made in the USA

This could be an actually upgrade albeit a minor one. Given that ejection molding doesn't deform and the ease of installation for new builds with the captured spring and rod assembly.

Spam.

556Cliff
03-23-22, 08:11
Okay, if Magpul is going to do these then they might as well bring back the all detents trigger guards that Dead On Arms had too.

QD dust covers is kinda "meh" though I do like them, but the QD trigger guards were a thing of greatness.

markm
03-23-22, 09:09
Out of a dozen+ ARs, through 40+ years, I’ve never had an issue with Ejection Port Cover/EPC.

This can be said about 90% of the nonsense out there for ARs. (Magpul makes good stuff, but they're reaching with this thing)

ViniVidivici
03-23-22, 09:15
I don't see it as an improvement in any way shape or form.

Backfire
03-23-22, 09:30
I will get one for a stocking stuffer. Still remember all the free mags they gave away in Colorado. Give them support when I can

agr1279
03-23-22, 10:10
I decided to be the guinea pig on this. I'll let you know my opinions when it comes in.

Dan

titsonritz
03-23-22, 11:19

Thanks what I'm thinking. I've always stuck with standard GI dust cover, but I do have need for an FCD EPC in OD for a specific build.

lysander
03-23-22, 11:36
I have said the same about almost every "new improvement" over the stock standard AR parts.

Pasta123
03-24-22, 07:06
I do like polymer parts when it works. Polymer covers sounds great.

That said, are we treating the original design like a Mattel?

themonk
03-24-22, 07:19
The OG part can be a pain for novices to install. They can also rust if you are in super humid conditions. The Strike Industries polymer one is garbage and I have seen numerous issues with it. If Magpul dialed this in it will be a hit. Within a year or two they will replace the EPC in most upper parts kits. If you dont think these will sell like hotcakes you are mistaken.

Pasta123
03-24-22, 07:40
The OG part can be a pain for novices to install. They can also rust if you are in super humid conditions. The Strike Industries polymer one is garbage and I have seen numerous issues with it. If Magpul dialed this in it will be a hit. Within a year or two they will replace the EPC in most upper parts kits. If you dont think these will sell like hotcakes you are mistaken.

Enhancement for small parts are like making a 99% decent part 0.5% better (if done correctly). Sure, but not necessary to begin with.

themonk
03-24-22, 08:14
Enhancement for small parts are like making a 99% decent part 0.5% better (if done correctly). Sure, but not necessary to begin with.

I completely agree but its capitalism and Magpul has a trusted name. I dont think they are going to loose money on this one.

Pasta123
03-24-22, 09:00
I completely agree but its capitalism and Magpul has a trusted name. I dont think they are going to loose money on this one.

Yeah, no big deal either way, but one probably shouldn’t expect this to be some “magic fix” or increase their efficiency 265.3%…

matemike
03-24-22, 10:06
small part = small price. people will buy

Plus now it's one more piece of FDE or pink magpul kit people can attach to their pristine bedroom corner beauty

26 Inf
03-24-22, 14:04
small part = small price. people will buy

Plus now it's one more piece of FDE or pink magpul kit people can attach to their pristine bedroom corner beauty

I was thinking it would be a great way for folks to differentiate their, say, 300BO from their 5.56.

I'm probably in for at least one for that reason, depending on colors.

Buckaroo
03-24-22, 14:10
I was thinking it would be a great way for folks to differentiate their, say, 300BO from their 5.56.

I'm probably in for at least one for that reason, depending on colors.

My thoughts as well. The timing is perfect since I just ordered & received an engraved EPC for my 300BO hahaha Maybe they can produce this in "sand" so that we can dye them inn any sort of color we like?

Leaveammoforme
03-24-22, 14:11
Not for me but one of those lowers on the other hand.....

You listening Dozer? Lower. That one. Gimmie.

Pasta123
03-24-22, 15:28
Not for me but one of those lowers on the other hand.....

You listening Dozer? Lower. That one. Gimmie.

Could be a perfect match for a KP-15 build.

Pasta123
07-24-23, 18:59
I have said the same about almost every "new improvement" over the stock standard AR parts.

Now you said that, I wonder what's your opinion on monolithic polymer receiver like the KP-15? Regardless one's feel about Karl & friends and KE arms.