PDA

View Full Version : Parents of 'American Taliban' ask Bush to free him

M4tographer
12-17-08, 14:28
Boo hoo hoo... What do you guys think? I don't think his sentence was enough, for one. ;) It was also a plea 'agreement'...key word there.

Parents of 'American Taliban' ask Bush to free him

31 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The parents of American-born Taliban fighter John Walker Lindh are asking President George W. Bush to set their son free before Bush leaves office next month.

Lindh was sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty in 2002 to serving in the Taliban army, which violated U.S. economic sanctions against Afghanistan at that time.

At a news conference in San Francisco Wednesday, Lindh's mother, Marilyn Walker, asked the president to show mercy during the Christmas season by commuting her son's sentence.

Lindh initially asked for a commutation in 2004 and his lawyers have renewed the request each year.

The U.S. Department of Justice has never acted on the petition and a spokeswoman didn't immediately return a telephone call.

ARPATRIOT
12-17-08, 14:29
F that POS,he should hang in public :mad:.

JBnTX
12-17-08, 14:49
He fought against American troops in Afganistan.

Let him rot in prison. No parole, NEVER!

Joe_Friday
12-17-08, 14:52
Do Taliban fighters celebrate Christmas? :rolleyes: What a douche! May he rot in HELL!!!!

Cameron
12-17-08, 14:56
He should have been executed.

Iraqgunz
12-17-08, 16:30
Please sign a petition to have this douche bag released. I will then look him up and thank him for his service in Afghanisatan- personally.

Mark71
12-17-08, 16:39
If anyone should rot in prison it should be John Walker Lindh :mad:

Mo_Zam_Beek
12-17-08, 16:41
What prison is he in?

If it is a non MIL prision, is he is GP?

SeriousStudent
12-17-08, 16:50
I have a great idea. Let's have Michael Spann's parents vote on it.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jmspann.htm

As far as I am concerned, Lindh is a traitor that helped kill a former Marine and current CIA officer. Ask Mike Spann's parents if Lindh should go free.

I was always good with knots, and I'll even pay for the rope.

JoshNC
12-17-08, 17:05
He should hang as a traitor.

Jay Cunningham
12-17-08, 17:28
Choices have consequences - at least they should.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-17-08, 17:34
Let him free, just go ahead.

American taliban, never; Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos, NOW!

Pops506th
12-17-08, 17:37
Let him f$^&in' rot.......

He should have been executed....

MOFoxtrot
12-17-08, 18:28
He should be let go for good behavior and move in and live with Jane Fonda. They would have so much to talk about.

Then again I could be talking out my ass LOL

I think he should try to escape and get to other side of the fence. Then the guards can deal with him.

Cold Zero
12-17-08, 19:24
Another vote to let him rot. Free Ramos and Compean.

JBnTX
12-17-08, 19:30
I think I see a trend developing in this thread.

Nobody seems to like John Walker Lindh.

President Bush will not pardon him.

adh
12-17-08, 19:36

Agreed.....The parent's pansy a&$ attitude is probably what made poor little johnny so mentally fouled up in the first place.

sjc3081
12-17-08, 19:39
Just remember he was a normal American kid, his father went fag and left his mother. He was about 13 if remember correctly. Islam may be the answer for a young boy who's father went fag and abandoned the family. No excuses just a little perspective.

seb5
12-17-08, 19:39
I vote free him. He wouldn't last long. In our current economic crisis it makes financial sense to eliminate the cost incurred by keeping him locked up. Free him, then, whatever happens, happens.

m60g
12-17-08, 19:47
Please sign a petition to have this douche bag released. I will then look him up and thank him for his service in Afghanisatan- personally.

I'll come with ya

mattjmcd
12-17-08, 20:25
IIRC the timeline of events puts him in very close proximity to Spann at the time of his torture/murder. Some have speculated that he was a likely participant.

No pardon. Ever.

BWYoda
12-17-08, 20:44
I say let him out and we can all host a party for him at my place. Instead of bring a bottle we'll make it bring your own car battery and blow-torch.

Any takers?

Savior 6
12-17-08, 21:38
Do Not Release.

JSantoro
12-17-08, 22:47
I say let him out and we can all host a party for him at my place. Instead of bring a bottle we'll make it bring your own car battery and blow-torch.

Any takers?

Shoot, there's nothing wrong with that guy that we couldn't fix with our hands alone. More of a catharisis.

bkb0000
12-18-08, 01:04
What prison is he in?

If it is a non MIL prision, is he is GP?

He's at Admax... there is no GP there

edit: correction, apparently he was moved to Terre Haute Federal Correctional Complex, according to wikipedia.

Army Chief
12-18-08, 04:28
I'm not in favor of leniency, as I feel that he's already received that to have had his life spared; that said, unless he has at some point along the way renounced Islam, which fool among us would not expect him to be front and center at the next 9-11 attempt?

It isn't just the kid's past choices that we need to consider here; it is his continued adherence to the madness that got him into this mess to begin with, and the likelihood that he will resume active aggression with an eye toward martyrdom, given the opportunity.

Warehouse him until he is ready for planting.

Chief

automan
12-18-08, 09:18
She'll have better luck asking Obama for a pardon.

g5m
12-18-08, 09:26
An American agent was murdered with Lindh's help, IIRC. The agent was from Oklahoma, and was a friend of a friend.
I'd not see much reason to pardon the man.

Saginaw79
12-18-08, 09:32
He should have been executed IMO

kerryt1
12-18-08, 10:30
Treason IMO...hang 'im high.

John_Wayne777
12-18-08, 10:39
Why we haven't executed the traitor is beyond me. His parents should be thanking the Lord that their dear little boy didn't get a death sentence.

More of the "he's a good boy!" syndrome.

telecustom
12-18-08, 13:08
I think we should investigate the parents. Maybe they should be joining him. They could all be traitors. I may be wrong. But just a thought.

He should have gotten two in the face when we caught him!

Sudden
12-18-08, 13:34

For Sure!

M4tographer
12-18-08, 13:45
More of the "he's a good boy!" syndrome.

Attorney was at the press conference explaining that "times have changed since his conviction", etc. I chuckled when a reporter asked the attorney, "So what's your next course of legal action?" Attorney nervously laughed and sheepishly replied, "Uh, well we've already had our legal action." :D

Obiwan
12-18-08, 16:04
Oh come on

The poor kid just fell in with a bad crowd:rolleyes:

rat31465
12-18-08, 16:06
He chose which side he wished to fight for so let him suffer the consequences of his poorly chosen actions.

bkb0000
12-18-08, 16:27
i do believe he probably isn't a bad kid.. i think he was probably just young and idealistic and recently converted to islam, and some butthole got ahold of him and filled his head full of jihad glory, so he went off to be mujahideen. I'm sure it was just one of those dumb phases kids go through, and i'm sure he greatly regrets it now.

but that doesn't excuse treason. firing squad for him.

why don't we execute traitors anymore?

BWYoda
12-18-08, 16:58
why don't we execute traitors anymore?
Good question. Maybe if we started executing some of the SOB's that defend them the ratio would go up a bit!

John_Wayne777
12-18-08, 18:01
Attorney was at the press conference explaining that "times have changed since his conviction", etc. I chuckled when a reporter asked the attorney, "So what's your next course of legal action?" Attorney nervously laughed and sheepishly replied, "Uh, well we've already had our legal action." :D

"Times have changed since his conviction..."

Statement too stupid....can't form coherent response.....must....fight....urge to Elvis the monitor.....

Sudden
12-18-08, 18:20
Oh come on

The poor kid just fell in with a bad crowd:rolleyes:

Yeah! It's not like he was hanging out with Bill Ayers. ;)

Jay Cunningham
12-18-08, 18:27
Good question. Maybe if we started executing some of the SOB's that defend them the ratio would go up a bit!

Maybe because there would be a lot of dead politicians.

bullseye
12-18-08, 20:27
"the one least likely to show mercy, is the one that wants it most"-----nuke that cockroack.........[sum-bitch]-----and---while i'm still aggravated about this-----'member when his momma went on t.v. declaring what a fine young man he was,,,,,,somebody PLEASE get a 2x4 and beat her soundly about the head and shoulders. no wonder these kids turn out to be complete ass-hats---my boy did this shit,,,, i'd take a completly different course of action,,,[as a big boot up his ass]

ReCon_1
12-18-08, 21:22
Hang?? Decapitate with a knife.

Sudden
12-18-08, 21:26
Maybe because there would be a lot of dead politicians.

That explains why we don't and why we should. :D

bkb0000
12-18-08, 21:37
Hang?? Decapitate with a knife.

i love irony

HES
12-18-08, 22:54
Hang?? Decapitate with a knife.Nah I still say just put him in the general population with no protection.

bkb0000
12-18-08, 23:41
Nah I still say just put him in the general population with no protection.

that's how he got sent to Admax... he'd been attacked, and i think by his own cell mate, as i recall. it sure as heck wasn't because of anything HE did.