PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Prices/Outlook Spring 2022?

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-23-22, 14:57
So I’ve been watching ammo supply and prices, and it seems that delivered prices for 556/55gr is about $0.60/round and 9mm/115gr is about $0.42/rnd have been stable for months?

Those are 90% of my shooting, outside of 22lr (40g/1200fps, sub $0.10/rnd?)

Outside of things going full WWIII, I don’t see any shocks coming, but I also don’t see prices coming down soon? Is this the new normal?

I was expecting some over-supply by now and softening in prices, but I’m not seeing it. I’ll probably buy this summer’s ammo in the next week. Just trying to figure out if I really want to do the “Plus” stocking that I wanted to do.

What are primers doing in price and supply? I’ve got a couple of 5 gal buckets of brass, but I haven’t added the ‘hobby’ of reloading. My kids are getting to the age of leaving the house- so I loose my shooting buddy/excuse, and I’m not sure if that will lead to less or more shooting…

mr h
03-23-22, 15:34
every once in awhile target sports has 223 wolf gold and the GGG stuff for .45/rd but you have to belong to their membership. its only $35/yr and gives you better prices and free shipping.

i sure dont see 223/556 coming down, ever.

9mm is cheaper that that in alot places, ammoseek.com can help you out.

when my only kid left home, i did more shooting. he was my desert prowling pal too.

markm
03-23-22, 15:35
In stock powder notifications are trending up from what I hear on the streets. All the loaders in my circle were able to get powder this month at full price. Hopefully stuff will once again start gathering dust on the shelves and prices will move back to sane levels.

Sikiguya
03-23-22, 16:20
Basic economic. At Christmas time, we saw Norma selling 9mm for $15/50 shipped at 10 boxes or more. I thought that was the start to lower pricing. I think if nothing goes south. You should see that price or less by next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duece71
03-23-22, 16:44
I saw CCI small rifle primers $82/1000 for sale at Brownells, limit 2 unfortunately. I think prices will stay where they are and availability will get better. I would jump on brass cased .556 under $550-600/1000.

The_War_Wagon
03-23-22, 17:00
You'd think with the Bidens in bed with the Chinese, Norinco would make a comeback. Seeing as how his overlords are owed their due (https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/20/bidens-handlers-are-preparing-to-eject-him-and-kamala/), you think he'd be importing it like mad to repay them!!!

duece71
03-23-22, 17:09
You'd think with the Bidens in bed with the Chinese, Norinco would make a comeback. Seeing as how his overlords are owed their due (https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/20/bidens-handlers-are-preparing-to-eject-him-and-kamala/), you think he'd be importing it like mad to repay them!!!

I would like to see China Sports 762x39 again for $100/1000.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-22, 00:07
Just bought some Federal Automatch 40gr hv ammo for 7.7 cents delivered from Brownells. Maybe not the best price, but it is the most ‘normal’ price I’ve seen. Plus, it wasn’t a ‘flash’ sale.

This is become my go to ammo as I’ve been shooting a lot more 22 lately. Runs really well in my 22 ARs

Alpha-17
08-21-22, 08:23
We've had 115gr 9mm 35-37 cents a round for months. ~60 cents for 5.56 plinking ammo sounds about right, sometimes a bit higher, but it has started coming down. Unless we get a major shock to the system (major war, legislation, Fort Sumter pt. II) I'd expect availability to continue to increase and that will in turn drive prices down by maybe 5-10%, then stabilize for their new norm. Inflation will continue to hurt, but when supply starts to seriously outpace demand, they'll need to adjust prices accordingly.

As for reloading supplies, I've noticed we are starting to get more powders in stock consistently. Not all brands (haven't seen Alliant in months, if not longer) but they are there and staying on the shelf for longer than they were. Bullets have (mostly) been in stock for a while, with a few exceptions. Primers are the still prize, however. We get some in about once a week, and they're gone within 24 hours, if not before. Until that stabilizes, we likely won't see any price drops for reloading supplies.