PDA

View Full Version : dumb p-mag question

30 cal slut
12-17-08, 17:30
no difference between the black and foliage green mags other than the color, right?

just want to confirm.

thx.

-slut the dummy.

GlockWRX
12-17-08, 17:38
No difference whatsoever.

MOFoxtrot
12-17-08, 18:35
I actually think the foliage green is more in style right now. :D

Scott

thopkins22
12-17-08, 19:02
I actually think the foliage green is more in style right now. :D

Scott

Except apparently it's not, I remember reading a post from Magpul stating that OD and Foliage account for less than like 5% of their sales...hence the reason they've been concentrating on FDE and black. It's too bad, foliage green is by far my favorite color.

Cohibra45
12-17-08, 20:38
Except apparently it's not, I remember reading a post from Magpul stating that OD and Foliage account for less than like 5% of their sales...hence the reason they've been concentrating on FDE and black. It's too bad, foliage green is by far my favorite color.

That makes them 'rare and collectible'!!!!!! You should be able to sell them for double or triple what the standard black ones go for!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

sewvacman
12-17-08, 21:25
That makes them 'rare and collectible'!!!!!! You should be able to sell them for double or triple what the standard black ones go for!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I'll trade you 6 Collectable od green for 12 not-so-collectable black ones.:D

MOFoxtrot
12-17-08, 22:21
It just begs the question what color shoes and range bag goes with them. :D

30 cal slut
12-18-08, 05:47

That makes them available right now. I felt a little dumb asking this question, but it seems like other colors are in stock as the panic buying appears to be focused on black.

I don't care if they're neon pink http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/greddy2.gif at this point. I just want 'em. :D

CarlosDJackal
12-18-08, 08:37
That was a dumb question. :rolleyes:

Just kidding!! :D

I did hear a slight difference in material strength between the black and every other color because of how the dyes interact with the plastic. But I have no reference for this nor am I a chemist.

30 cal slut
12-18-08, 08:39
:eek:

:D

Cohibra45
12-18-08, 08:59
I'm with the rest of you guys...I just want to get a few more. I ordered 10 windowed black back in Sep/Oct timeframe and I knew at the time I should have ordered another 10...I just didn't have the $175 at the time.

I will just have to wait until they are caught up.

TheRock
12-18-08, 10:57
I did hear a slight difference in material strength between the black and every other color because of how the dyes interact with the plastic. But I have no reference for this nor am I a chemist.

I've been told the same thing by somebody very well respected in the Industry. If it had been some random gunshop commando, I would have dismissed the notion.

It is on the list to ask of Magpul at SHOT.

TR

GlockWRX
12-18-08, 11:10
This was covered a few months ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20686

Pay special attention to post #51 by DrDrake, an employee of Magpul.

30 cal slut
12-18-08, 12:28
This was covered a few months ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20686

Pay special attention to post #51 by DrDrake, an employee of Magpul.

dang, how'd i miss this thread? :confused:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=242149&postcount=51

Holy shit this is insanity. How'd I miss this? I can't speak for other plastics used by other companies but Magpul testing has shown that all of our colors are equal. This is due to a propriatary mix and blend of polymers and additives that is way over my head.

Black
FDE
OD Green
Foliage Green

Don't over think the color thing. We've done our due diligence and are confident in our findings. Like I said, I can only speak to Magpul polymer tech. Other companies may find that their plastic have different qualities between colors. We have not seen that with ours.

Sleep easy on this one Fellas.