PDA

View Full Version : Sig 320, specifically M17, GTG?

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-26-22, 16:02
Hey guys it’s about time I added a 320 MK 18 to my pistol collection since I like to play with military pistols.
I had a few 320s when they first came out and they were not reliable so I have sort of ignored them for the last five years. Anybody out there with real experience shooting these things regularly? Did they iron out a sufficient number of bugs where I can shoot these things without driving myself batty ? I really don’t need to know whether it’s better than a Glock or an HK or anything like that I just wanna know if the gun is basically sound at this point.

mRad
03-26-22, 16:44
I bought two early P320s that didn’t run. They were under-sprung. I got rid of them.

I’ve since revisited since, and the new P320s I’ve run have been reliable. I have about 5,000 rounds on one with no malfunctions.

A friend of mine has been running an M18 very hard. I’d buy one today if the LCI was gone and the safety was deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade
03-26-22, 17:15
I was not an early adopter, so not sure what issues were other than the drop.

Mine runs 100%, ran it plain-jane for awhile, and then made it my every day ranch carry gun.

Mysteryman
03-26-22, 23:04
I'm gonna leave this link here. Download the main document and have a read. Sig 320's experiencing uncommanded firings. No, it's not the same issue as the drop issue.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17319551/guay-v-sig-sauer-inc/

Alpha-17
03-27-22, 08:48
I've got a bit of experience with P320s, so I'll weigh in. My girlfriend (now wife) bought a P320C in 2017 and carried it for several years before she got a Kimber. We never had any problems with it; I was impressed by how well it shot, felt, and how reliable it was. Ended up getting a Sig P320-M17 myself, and have had it for a bit over two years now. No issues at all. The first weekend with it was ~750ish rounds without a hiccup, no cleaning. Since then, the only issue I can recall was a single light strike or bad primer on around. Otherwise, it works great. I'm not the greatest Pistolero ever, but I'd say the gun is solid. I like it enough that it has finally replaced my 1911 as my normal carry gun, and became my testbed for pistol-mounted red dots.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51837058367_925f32938c_z.jpg

Picture because the rulez of the interwebz demand it.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-27-22, 10:21
Alright, y’all convinced me. I have one on layaway.

Sam
03-27-22, 10:53
Alright, y’all convinced me. I have one on layaway.

I had one a couple years ago, the compact version. Shot it in day 1 of the very last Hackathorn class. Ran perfectly. I can't remember if you were in that class or not (2018).

Are you still taking my APX Centurion? don't blow all your money on that Sig LOL.

Layaway? here's one in Newnan:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-sig-m-17-p320.2763143/

Jackal556
03-29-22, 21:52
I bought two early P320s that didn’t run. They were under-sprung. I got rid of them.

I’ve since revisited since, and the new P320s I’ve run have been reliable. I have about 5,000 rounds on one with no malfunctions.

A friend of mine has been running an M18 very hard. I’d buy one today if the LCI was gone and the safety was deleted.

You can get the safety delete pin, what I did to mine:

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67655&d=1648608762

mRad
03-29-22, 21:55
Thanks, didn’t realize that was a thing with them.

Jackal556
03-29-22, 22:29
Just remember that you will needna non-safety grip module after you do the safety delete pin as the pin will be exposed and could walk out under recoil. The grip module prevents it from doing that.

Alex V
04-04-22, 08:40
I got an M17 mostly because I wanted to run it as a Flux Raider.

I have shot it a bit as just the pistol and my only gripe is that the trigger is utter crap. Maybe I am alone on this, or maybe the example I got is defective but it felt terrible. Mushy, gritty, vague. It's like dragging a concrete block through gravel by a bungee cord.

I upgraded it with an Apex trigger which did clean it up a bit, but it's still not as good as the triggers in my other striker fired pistols (factory or aftermarket)

TBAR_94
04-04-22, 09:02
I have the M18. During the first 200 rounds I had a couple failures to go in to battery. I've put an additional 500 rounds through it since with no issues, shooting a mix of NATO FMJ and UMC 115 grain range ammo.

I'm not sure if it's my gun/rail, or my light, or my own ignorance, but I did find I got a lot of wobble with an X300. It's secure, but has some play. I tossed on a TLR-1 and it's rock solid.

I like the gun. It fits my hand, I like the safety, and the trigger is fine for me. It's definitely not as definite as a Glock trigger, but it works for me. I'm a fan of the gun both for duty use and a range/CCW/HD gun.

Bellycrawl
04-26-22, 18:47
I had an civilian M17 and now a X-Carry Professional. The M17 was 2019 and the professional is a 2020. Both are great guns. I just picked up a Sig slide - that has the extra holes for a RMR - and an adapter plate for a RMR, and SilencerCo threaded barrel to run an Octane9. I'm really happy with the new set-up as well as the old stock version.

Blessings

krisgotti
05-16-22, 01:07
GTG!!

Entryteam
05-16-22, 12:44
Just remember that you will needna non-safety grip module after you do the safety delete pin as the pin will be exposed and could walk out under recoil. The grip module prevents it from doing that.

is it bad that I hate them because I think they're ugly?? Should I be judged?

krisgotti
05-16-22, 21:44
Negative, to each their own.