PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Aero precision customer service/ warranty repair?

Jstud220
04-04-22, 13:22
Just curious if anyone has any experience dealing with aero’s customer service for warranty repair or replacement. Recently I had to deal with them and have been less than satisfied thus far to say the least.

.45fan
04-04-22, 15:55
I called during the dempanic about an order placed 14 months earlier in Jan of 2020.
The ignorant answer I received about them only working 4 hour shifts 3 days a week made me decide to be done with them permanently.

Jstud220
04-04-22, 20:47
I’m not trying to put them on blast but at the same time I feel like issues like this we as a community should be aware of.

Anyway I ordered a 16” 5.56 fully assembled upper with a aero pro bcg. After firing it once roughly 200 rounds ( probably less) I noticed chipping on both sides of the barrel extension as well as what looks like chipping or a grinded down lug on both sides from making contact. The bolt would get caught on the barrel extension and it was hard to charge. It would also get stuck on the way in and I’d have to hit the forward assist a couple times to get it to go home.

I originally reached out to them 3-4 weeks ago and was sent a return label. No big deal at this point. After they received it I was told the barrel was swapped out with a brand new one and the bolt didn’t need to be replaced. I was also told headspace was checked and no binding was happening.

Today I leave work when I get notice that y package was delivered so I rush home all excited and grab the package to secure it. When I open it nothing was changed. I was literally sent it back just as I had shipped it with the same chips on the barrel extension and bolt.

I called them today and spoke with them and the best answer I got was they mistakenly put the old barrel back on and thought the chipping on the bolt lug looked like normal wear. After spending about 30 minutes on the phone mostly on hold I was told they would send me another return label expedited and some free swag for my inconvenience.

To be honest I’m pretty upset with the whole situation. It’s obvious the guy lied to me about changing the barrel and checking everything before he sent it back. So now I have to wait for this whole process to take place again, miss work to ship out the package, oh but I get to advertise for them for free with some free swag.

I don’t have as much money as I’d like to spend on guns and was told by many for my price range to go with aero. I have a PSA 15 and M&P 15 that have several thousand rounds through each without issue. The whole situation is just really frustrating and like I said previously I feel like this is something consumers should know. Has anyone else had any experience with them good or bad?

Jstud220
04-04-22, 20:49
Also fwiw this was attached to a fully assembled aero lower. Every thing was aero and the ammo fired was all factory brass. I brought 10 loaded 30rd p mags with me to the range that day and two AR’s. The aero and my M&P.

I was told the order would be expedited and made priority. I was also assured the barrel and bcg would be replaced this time.

I will update this thread accordingly hopefully with a happier ending. I fully understand mistakes happen and no company is immune from it but I just feel like I was originally lied too about them checking everything and mistakenly putting the wrong barrel back on.

markm
04-05-22, 08:54
That is indeed Effed up and inexcusable lack of Q.C. Makes those Q.C. stations at BCM look really appealing. I admit to getting tempted when I see Aero stripped uppers on sale from time to time, but not any more.

Jstud220
04-05-22, 09:00
I have to agree about BCM. To be honest I’m thinking about just selling the aero and maybe another gun and saving up some money to buy a SOLGW rifle. Unfortunately that seems like something that would take years to do on my current budget but maybe it’s worth the wait.

Hexxus
04-06-22, 13:18
I was building Aero lowers left and right. I got one of their 14.5" nitride barrels. The nitriding had spots all over it. They returned it and replaced it. Had a new barrel in two days. I had an issue where the disconnector on one of their lower parts kits snapped on the first shot. The whole top broke off. They sent me a whole new trigger kit. Haven't touched them since that.

Jstud220
04-13-22, 09:27
Just wanted to update this thread. Last I spoke with aero I was told I would be sent a brand new upper and bcg. Nic V the manager I spoke with told me they would check headspace and test fire it before mailing it to me. Well that part didn’t happen as I received the upper last week but didn’t receive the bcg until last night. The aero pro bcg was out of stock hen they shipped the upper so I was given the option to wait for one to become available or select a different bcg. I chose to go with the standard phosphate bcg and was given $30 store credit for the difference.

Overall I’m not really satisfied with the situation but at this point it is what it is I guess. Hopefully the upper/bcg run as advertised this go round and if not I’m just going to request a full refund and move on.

I guess on a positive note at least they finally sent me new product. Unfortunately I just don’t have any confidence in it and will have to get some range trips in with it before or if I ever do. It would have been nice at least if they would have stuck to their word and checked headspace for me and test fired it before sending it to me. Hope this info helps someone and if I left anything out you’d like to know please ask.