PDA

View Full Version : Sig Legion 226 rear sight loose ?

Pappabear
04-07-22, 17:48
How do you tighten the rear sight on a 226. It a suppressor height, not that it should matter but just in case.

Any feedback?

PB

One More Time
04-07-22, 18:08
Scoot it over and clean it real well with alcohol.
Small dab of Loctite 609 and recenter it.

If it's factory sights I would see about sending it in and getting it swapped out.
You file the sight to fit and press them in.

I have glued them in before with good results.

georgeib
04-07-22, 20:20
Scoot it over and clean it real well with alcohol.
Small dab of Loctite 609 and recenter it.

If it's factory sights I would see about sending it in and getting it swapped out.
You file the sight to fit and press them in.

I have glued them in before with good results.
I would echo this with the exception that I would use way more than just a dab. And in my case, I used red Loctite instead of green.

One More Time
04-07-22, 20:50
609 is designed to fill voids and used as a bearing/hub retaining compound.
I use 609 for the gear and threadlocker on the nut.

Not that red loctite wouldn't work though, but 609 is made for that kind of application.
I've removed sights that had it put on without any drama as well.

Pappabear
04-08-22, 18:05
thanks guys

PB

Pappabear
04-09-22, 16:28
Cleaned the shite out of the gun with alcohol, then doused it with Red lock biscuit, all I had. All is good for now. Thanks for the feedback guys.

PB

mpom
04-10-22, 19:32
Hope the 609 keeps the sight from moving, if not, then I would use a center punch to raise a bit of metal around the "crater" it creates, for a bit of a tighter fit in the sight dovetail. This is done on a portion of the sight that rubs against the dovetail in the slide. Should be hidden when rear sight is installed. Allows future windage adjustment which the 609 pretty much prevents.

SteyrAUG
04-12-22, 17:28
BS, send that wonky crap back to SIG and make them fix it.

georgeib
04-12-22, 18:46
BS, send that wonky crap back to SIG and make them fix it.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust them to. If it were me, I'd push the sight out and use a punch to raise a burr in the middle, then press it back in.

Pappabear
04-13-22, 16:46
Red lock is holding for now, I tried to put enough in that it seeped a little. Crossing my fingers.

PB

Pappabear
04-13-22, 16:47
Red lock is holding for now, I tried to put enough in that it seeped a little. Crossing my fingers.

PB

georgeib
04-13-22, 17:52

PB

It'll hold barring a severe impact. That stuff is like cement.

Pappabear
04-17-22, 18:25
I shot it in a match and so far so guet.

PB