PDA

View Full Version : A few gerneral questions

WMHM4
12-18-08, 10:38
I have been out of the AR scence for about 2 years and I am just now getting back into it. I am starting a new build and I am having some very big problems finding any company that has anything AR related in stock. Almost everything is sold out even parts that you would think wouldnt be. Whats the deal here? Is it all because of the election or is there some other reason for it?

I ordered a Superior Arms stripped lower from AIM Surplus about a month ago and it was shipped out yesterday. I didnt do much research on Superior. I bought it because it was priced right and it was the receiver that was going to be in stock first. Is there anything I should know about Superior?

thanks alot guys and if there is anything else I should know about please let me know, I really appreciate it!

Fire_Medic
12-18-08, 10:49
I don't have any experience with Superior Arms so I can't answer that question. As far as everything being out of stock, yes it's because of the election. There's a frenzy and people who would have never wanted an AR now do because they want to sell it if there's a ban or because they might not be able to get one later. I too have had a somewhat difficult time getting accessories for my S&W AR.

Hopefully the frenzy cools down soon.

Mike_E
12-23-08, 00:14
Finish is fine and the LPK was no problem installing...the issue I have is that damn magwell is too tight. I had to file down the back side inside the magwell to get my magazines to fit. I was finally able to get my mags fitted but they still don't drop free.

Supposedly there were a batch of lowers that had these issues...still - you have to wonder what kind of quality control they have in place for overlooking something this obvious.

The other issue is when I attached this lower to my Stag upper, the vertical groove didn't match up well and the fit wasn't as tight as my Stag lower.

Hopefully you won't have the magwell problem like I had. Definitely want to try the PMags though just to be sure they drop free.