PDA

View Full Version : B&T SPC "Pro" rifles/pistols? Experiences with these?

Sid Post
04-12-22, 12:52
I am looking for an SBR and it looks like the B&T SPC pistol versions are made in the USA so, 922R and Form 1 should be easy. I'm generally thinking 300BO SubSonic but, the 12.5" carbine version sure looks nice.

How do these compare to something like the current Honey Badger and similar options like the Maxim Defense 300BO PDW?

TIA,
Sid

Allen
04-12-22, 14:33
No hands on comparison, have only played w/ GHM9 - where are you seeing them in stock? Talked to Tarheel a few weeks ago and nothing, G&R's site has not been updated either.

B&T uses a AR18 style gas/piston system in their 223/300 and 308 rifles. HB &Maxim are DI w/ gas block. Otherwise it's cosmetics, factory features and ergos.

ABNAK
04-12-22, 17:25
Have fun with a year + wait (at least). I predict the BATFags will only get [intentionally] slower with NFA stuff given the fraudulent Potato-in-chief in the White House.

Sid Post
04-13-22, 10:51
Regarding Individual Form 4's, locally they have been as short as 70 days. Form 1's have come in as quickly as 30 days. Shocking, I know!

Sid Post
04-13-22, 10:56
No hands on comparison, have only played w/ GHM9 - where are you seeing them in stock? Talked to Tarheel a few weeks ago and nothing, G&R's site has not been updated either.

B&T uses a AR18 style gas/piston system in their 223/300 and 308 rifles. HB &Maxim are DI w/ gas block. Otherwise it's cosmetics, factory features and ergos.

In stock at two vendors. Call B&T USA and they can hook you up with in-stock dealers in state. A good DI gas system has a slight edge for me but, the AR18 style gas pistons don't seem to suffer the same issues I have with my LWRC Six8 (simply too heavy with piston system to be well balanced for easy to carry).