PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Profiles under the Handguard

xFREDx
04-18-22, 14:17
i asked this on ARFCOM and not much back. trying my luck here if anyone knows

spikes optimum, government, Centurion LW, BCM ELW

do all of these barrels have the same dimensions under the handguard before the Gas Block? Cannot find information about it. I know the outlier is the BCM ELW where is is a continuous taper to a 0.625 gas block journal.

Todd.K
04-18-22, 15:12
Most all barrels that are government profile are advertised as such.

Otherwise you will need to get details from the manufacturer or someone who has measured it.

xFREDx
04-18-22, 15:19
this deals with more of how they advertise their barrel. spikes is Optimum profile, the Centurion is LW, and the government is the government. to me the spikes is just like the government but less weight past the gas block and the same as the centurion LW. Not a true light weight since it doesn't have to build back up to the shoulder at the threads. Same as government with just less weight out front. If they actually had a beefier back end under the handguard i could see for more of an optimum profile on the spikes barrel. The BCM i think has the same profile to under the handguard but just doesn't build back up at the gas block journel and then continues to taper after.

edit: if spikes is has the same profile as government under the handguard, is it really optimum.

Clint
04-18-22, 19:19
The Spikes, Centurion and Gov appear similar but not identical before the gas block.

What are you looking for?

titsonritz
04-18-22, 19:55
One of These Things Is Not Like The Other

xFREDx
04-18-22, 21:39
One of These Things Is Not Like The Other

i know the whole barrel isn't. my concern is the part form the step down form the chamber to the gas black journal

xFREDx
04-18-22, 21:41
The Spikes, Centurion and Gov appear similar but not identical before the gas block.

What are you looking for?

wish they had dims of it. Not looking just curious as to why, i know more marketing but it really the same thing. weight is out front, unlike your barrels in the optimum profile.