PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arms Workhorse

Zebra644
04-23-22, 14:54
I’ve been outta the game for sometime and I am getting back into it as far as the AR / M-4 platform. I have been watching reviews on the Battle Arms Workhorse models for a bit. I wanted you ask y’all who has one and or options of the two models they have. I am look at this vs a Sig M-400 Tread but as I read more about the Sig I see I may need to add / change out of the gate as the Battle Arms should be good to go out of the box. This is just a personal firearm not a duty gun. I was also planning on a LPVO such as a Swamp Fox or the likes.
Thanks,
Z

Zebra644
04-25-22, 11:09
Ok so those of you with Sig M-400 Tread Is files what kind of grouping are you getting?

markm
04-25-22, 11:27
What is a battle arms workhorse? A complete gun?

Zebra644
04-25-22, 11:56
Yes, they have 2 models of the work horse. I was unaware that BAD who makes the different safety levers and other add ins also make complete rifles. They use Rosco Barrels and I’ve seen some good reviews on them

markm
04-25-22, 12:03
I was unaware that BAD who makes the different safety levers and other add ins also make complete rifles.

Same here. I thought BAD posted here. At least they used to.

Stickman
04-25-22, 17:13
Same here. I thought BAD posted here. At least they used to.

I thought they did as well, they had good info and liked to listen to people. Hopefully those people infected with "the stupid" didn't chase them away. BAD has always made good stuff, and I'll bet their AR is solid as well.

Speaking of manufacturers, SOLG has been MIA as well.

markm
04-25-22, 17:37
I thought they did as well, they had good info and liked to listen to people. Hopefully those people infected with "the stupid" didn't chase them away.

It sucks when the most active gun thread for several days is over a BCM grip screw.

Speaking of manufacturers, SOLG has been MIA as well.

He chimed in and offered a guy a BCG to test not too long ago. 5-10 days.

Zebra644
04-25-22, 18:16
I have seen stupid chase people away. I’m a LEO and we use the Sig M-400 sbr rifles at work. Today I called our rep and got the info for a 16in version of what my agency uses. I know They shoot well is darn accurate and trustworthy. I thought My only option was the Sig Tread which has mixed reviews. The BAD workhorse has pretty good reviews but I could not find more about the accuracy and delved I to the barrel manufacturer. I was hoping I would have gotten more responses, maybe I didn’t phrase the title well enough or something else. I do appreciate the fact that the two of you responded.

Dutch110
05-03-22, 11:01
I have a BAD workhorse in 16 inch. It's a great gun. In this model they use Rosco barrels and BCGs (a good thing.) I did replace the trigger with a G2S and did exactly like you did and put a Swampfox 1-8 on it. This was not to be a high dollar build. It shoots MOA. I think the rail alone being full coverage, vs the Sig Treads version, would sway me alone towards buying it over the SIG. It's a great gun for the money.

Zebra644
05-03-22, 11:11
Thanks for the reply.. I contacted my agencies Sig rep and spoke with them about getting the 16inch LEO model of what we use and it’s the same price as the BAD LEO discount. So I’m kinda stuck the LEO model of the M-400 is much better than the tread. So I’m gonna keep reading and researching.

jbjh
05-03-22, 20:01
Interesting gun for sure. And with quality components, should be decent.

For around the same price, I’d strongly consider a Sionics rifle. They’re quality makers.

Sent from inner space

Dutch110
05-04-22, 11:12
Interesting gun for sure. And with quality components, should be decent.

For around the same price, I’d strongly consider a Sionics rifle. They’re quality makers.

Sent from inner space

Can't argue with that. Sionics makes good stuff.

ScottsBad
05-04-22, 12:52
I didn't know there was such a model either. I'd seen their lowers called Work Horse, but didn't know they had complete rifles. Maybe they have decided to market primarily to LE departments and such. Could be a really nice little rifle. The competition is so fierce these days, they may be doing more of a guerilla marketing campaign?

ScottsBad
05-04-22, 12:56
Can't argue with that. Sionics makes good stuff.

If you can find their stuff.

Dutch110
05-04-22, 13:03
I didn't know there was such a model either. I'd seen their lowers called Work Horse, but didn't know they had complete rifles. Maybe they have decided to market primarily to LE departments and such. Could be a really nice little rifle. The competition is so fierce these days, they may be doing more of a guerilla marketing campaign?

They're not new. I bought mine at the start of the scamdemic before prices got our of control and they had been out for at least a year prior to that. Not sure why they dont market them more aggressively as they're a decent duty rifle and accurate. Definitely need a trigger out of the box and the rest is just personal preference.