PDA

View Full Version : Summer Carry

Heavyweight
04-24-22, 17:09
I'm really curious what you guys down here in the hot southern states do for summer carry. As I stated in a previous post I bought a Ruger LCP Max .380 for the Texas heat. On the surface it doesn't appear to be a lot smaller than my SIG P365 but it really does carry different. It's significantly lighter, a little slimmer and it really disappears in my pocket. Of course my big trade off is it's .380. But I would rather have something in my pocket than nothing. I just can't quite get comfortable with the P365 in my shorts pocket. I'd really like to know what some of you do when you're down to shorts and a t-shirt.

Below is the P365 and the LCP Max for comparison.

Stay safe

Heavyweighthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220424/dcfcb46f79ee41184d1007e3c0cc1e3c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1_click_off
04-24-22, 17:14
G43 or PM9, sometimes PM45.

04-24-22, 18:10
I carry a Sig P365X (P365 slide with the XL frame) all year long in Florida. Sometimes a Glock 19 or G26.
I’m 5’10”, 165lbs. I carry it either IWB or pocket carry.

L-2
04-24-22, 18:17
I might be in a NV desert in the summer, but I don't vary what I carry during the year.
While I might carry any handgun I own on a particular day or time, my usually-carried handguns are still either a Glock 26gen3, G19gen5, or full-size 1911.

My smallest guns, a G43 or a S&W J-frame (640Pro or 642) are generally carried as a backup gun if carried at all.

I'm more likely to vary my activities in the summer, going from one air conditioned environment to another:)

556BlackRifle
04-24-22, 18:33
For me it's a G43, P365 or Shield Plus. And I always have my LCP in an Uncle George pocket holster.

yoni
04-24-22, 19:08
Glock 34 with 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro year around until Underwood makes the 357sig ammo I want then it will be a Glock 35 in 357sig year round with a 2300 fps bullet

mpom
04-24-22, 19:25
Same as rest of year, in southeast Va: M&P 2.0 Compact w red dot sight, IWB. Comparable to a G19. A comfortable holster that conceals the gun is key. Running a modified Vedder.
Mark

MegademiC
04-24-22, 21:19
Shorts/tshirt = shield in vg2.
Aiwb on a wildernes competition or nexbelt/kore

Adrenaline_6
04-25-22, 10:32
I can carry a P30 at 9 o'clock IWB with shorts and a t-shirt.

Heavyweight
04-25-22, 11:35
I find it interesting that most don't vary their carry method for the heat. But it makes sense....you're always going to have your preferred firearm close at hand. Maybe I just need to quit being lazy and find a more comfortable IWB holster setup for my Glock 43x. It's the largest pistol in my carry rotation but it's my favorite and I shoot it the best. Well, it will give me an excuse to hit the next gunshow and try some different options.

titsonritz
04-25-22, 13:04
G19 w/442 BUG same with the rest of the year.

mpom
04-25-22, 17:01
Op, you probably will not find a truly well designed, comfortable and concealable holster at a gun show, as most vendors carry cheaper holsters that sell well. They are probably functional but not the best. Do the research on line and read reviews.
Mark

Pappabear
04-25-22, 18:29
http://i.imgur.com/sCb1GdZ.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/sCb1GdZ)

http://i.imgur.com/XaeaAGL.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/XaeaAGL)

lightweight and nice round count add the RDS and money!

At night or not the best places, VP9 or P320C

http://i.imgur.com/xzC3NvJ.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/xzC3NvJ)

http://i.imgur.com/KiojGo4.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/KiojGo4)

PB

Pappabear
04-25-22, 18:31
G19 w/442 BUG same with the rest of the year.

My man goes double duty, impressive. It's all I can do to get one in my britches.

Heavyweight, have you vetted that Ruger? They are not known to be duty grade guns by many folks, I hope your runs and runs. How many rounds down the pipe?

PB

pag23
04-25-22, 19:21
Glock 23 ...but soon to be an MR920 or Sig 365X...

Heavyweight
04-25-22, 19:30
I bought the LCP Max strictly with size and capacity in mind. It was certainly not expensive and I figured I would just run it....if it held up I would carry it and if not I'd sell it and be on my way. I've got 200 ball rounds and 50 Critical Defense down range....all with no hiccups. I'm going to carry it with the FMJ loads I believe. Would I rather carry my P365 or 43x? Absolutely....but sometimes pocket carry is all I can get by with. It's definitely a compromise.

JB2000
04-25-22, 20:19
I have a Maxpedition pouch I carry my P365 in when hiking or when other CCW options don’t make sense.

Pappabear
04-25-22, 21:59
I bought the LCP Max strictly with size and capacity in mind. It was certainly not expensive and I figured I would just run it....if it held up I would carry it and if not I'd sell it and be on my way. I've got 200 ball rounds and 50 Critical Defense down range....all with no hiccups. I'm going to carry it with the FMJ loads I believe. Would I rather carry my P365 or 43x? Absolutely....but sometimes pocket carry is all I can get by with. It's definitely a compromise.

Hey if it runs it runs and better than not carrying.

PB

grizzman
04-25-22, 22:19
Whether I'm wearing blue jeans or cargo shorts, my carry choices are the same.....4" M&P 2.0 9mm or DW CCO .45 (and a couple spare 8 round mags).

If I want to drop as much weight as possible, I'll carry the Gen 1 Shield (and a spare 10 round mag).

grizzlyblake
04-25-22, 23:01
How does pocket carry work in normal clothes? I’m 5’6”, 150lb, and I carry a P365 AIWB. I can see my dip can and cell phone in my pockets, no way I could carry a pistol there.

gamboolman
04-26-22, 04:24
Have lived all over Texas and Gulf Coast for the last 43 year with ms gamboolgal.

I have been CCW'ing a G-26 for the last ~20 year in the Hot Humid South below I-10 for alot of those years. Before that it was J-frames for the most part.

You do need to dress around the gun.

The days of me wearing 29" Waist Wranglers and the tight Under Armor tee shirts are sadly - a long ago fading memory.... It was harder to conceal when I was younger and in shape.
I had the Thunder Carry? Belly Band that I would use when jogging - it worked good.
I used IWB Tucker Cover Up Holster for the few times i needed to get dressed up and wear a tucked in shirt.

Now being retired in my 60's - I dress in standard Southern Boomer dress, i.e., loose fitting Cargo Shorts, a real leather gun belts and untucked Fishing Shirts for most of the year. During Winter it is Cargo Pants and Long Sleeved Fishing shirt with a tee shirt under.
Concealing is not a issue.

Not that it matters - but ms gamboolgal gave piles of my old "antique" trim and fit jeans to Goodwill when I retired last year - she said something to the effect of "you will not never need them ever again" my feelings were hurt.... :sarcastic:

gamboolman...

BrigandTwoFour
04-26-22, 06:51
I guess I'm a weirdo in that I carry the same thing year-round. Either a CZ P07 or a 75D PCR. Both are compact-sized DA/SA guns with 15-round double stack mags AIWB. In the summer, I'm more careful about using tuckable holsters (Vedder light tuck or High Noon Alter Ego) since I don't have a sweater or jacket to cover everything. I don't really do the "dress around the gun" thing, since my job and position require dressing in a way that speaks of "trusted professional," so that's most of my wardrobe.

6'1" and ~205 lbs FWIW.

Heavyweight
04-26-22, 09:09
How does pocket carry work in normal clothes? I’m 5’6”, 150lb, and I carry a P365 AIWB. I can see my dip can and cell phone in my pockets, no way I could carry a pistol there.A good pocket holster will break up the outline of the pistol.

This holster from J&J for the LCP Max is one option I use when wearing shorts. The back leather flap prints against your pocket and it just looks like a phone case or wallet. Your hand slides between the flap and the holster for the draw. Works pretty good. I also have a custom pocket holster on order from Robert Mika to try out.

One of my other pocket carry options is the P365 in a Desantis Nemesis. You need some big pockets to pull it off and it's a lot heavier which bothers me some. Which is why I mostly carry it AIWB.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220426/8cfbcde7b51479c2dc78b64f59df1a93.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220426/f470963217e8b86811a07fd8c5387086.jpg

ggp2jz
04-26-22, 09:16
Same MR920 I carry the rest of the year

Watrdawg
04-26-22, 13:28
P365XL appendix carry pretty much year round.

Heavyweight
04-26-22, 14:47
Man....you guys carrying the big guns, especially in the summertime are my heroes. I remember back when I had dreams of carrying full capacity medium-sized guns (see photo 1 dream carry short list). I bought each of those thinking it would be the best carry decision of my life. But apparently, being the world's biggest pussy, I'm relegated to the kid's table of the concealed carry world (see photo 2 for crushed dreams). Don't get me wrong, the P365 and 43x are quality pistols. It's just that yours is bigger than mine.

Stay safe!

Heavyweighthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220426/7f9bba2487ac45dfd9b30a2464a3e403.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220426/4e5c29b5089a4da017db6455ba947513.jpg

Red*Lion
04-27-22, 07:38
i make two changes in how and what I carry during the warm season. I do not carry full size handguns and I make sure to wear a short sleeve collared shirt over a t-shirt when I carry. I usually carry my Springfield EMP-3 9mm commander 1911 IWB @ 4:40 with two extra mags in a holder on my belt. I also carry a Taurus 605 .357 OWB appendix with two reloads in my left front pocket for around the house, yard work and quick runs to the store.

jbjh
04-27-22, 11:43
Glock 34 with 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro year around until Underwood makes the 357sig ammo I want then it will be a Glock 35 in 357sig year round with a 2300 fps bullet

yoni every time you describe what you carry, I get the feeling you a very large human being.

For context, I’m 5’6” and weigh 160lbs. I’ve been able to make a full size 1911 work, and later a G23, but it’s 1000 times easier for me to get my Kahr P9 to stop bulging.

I’ve never tried it, but I imagine if I were to try to conceal a G34, I’d look like I had a 2x4 nailed to my arse.

Sent from inner space

ssc
04-27-22, 12:24
For 30 years, I carried a 2nd gen glock 17 OWB. Live in Socal desert area and in AZ where it gets up to 123. Cargo shorts with a T-shirt and an open fishing type of shirt or baggy hawaiian type shirt. Now I am retired and due to back surgery, I generally carry a glock 19 in either OWB or shoulder holster or off body carry in a sling bag. I always carry at least one and usually 2 spare mags.

My reason is that I want a true fighting chance if the SHTF and generally that means a true fighting pistol. As a CCW, I do not have backup, nor am I wearing anything that identifies me as a good guy. When the SHTF, I have had my wife or kids or grandkids. Lastly, in my experience, there is generally more than one dirtbag when the SHTF.

Regards, Steve

Ron3
04-28-22, 07:00
Wish I could say I don't carry smaller often in summer but often do 'cause Florida.

But really only if I'm going to be outside awhile. I might go down to an LCR on the belt with .32 mag in it and a Beretta M21 .25 in a kydex pocket holster. Extra ammo for both.

Not sure what I'll do this coming summer. I really don't like going down to the LCR. Not very powerful, only holds 6. There is some decent .327 mag ammo but recoil and noise are very substantial.

pinzgauer
04-28-22, 11:30
P365 owb 4:30 carry just behind the point of my hip with untucked fishing shirt. Or polo if I don't care about printing, which is much of the time. (GA is pretty friendly in that regard)

Normal summer carry, and winter sometimes now as the 365 just works well.

Ron3
04-28-22, 12:58
Another issue in the summer can be where to carry:

Behind the hip is more comfortable but slow

Appendix is faster but less comfortable

Pocket is most comfortable, but slowest. Unless you start with your hand on the gun, then it's the quickest.

Behind the hip is best for a larger gun.

Appendix can support a larger gun, too, but better with a shorter barrel.

Pocket carry only works with smaller guns.

I'm talking about all-day comfort and concealment with minimal clothing and sweating your water out in the stagnant, steamy, swampy sandbar that is Florida.

I started some rust on my Beretta M81FS regardless of the Bruniton because I didn't take care of it well enough. Florida carry is best with polymer, alluminum or stainless steel guns. Not steel.

Smedley
04-29-22, 15:20
I don't live in the south but it gets pretty hot in Pennsylvania in the Summer also, so it's a challenge for us Northerners also.
Recently picked up a P365 and am getting frustrated trying to find a holster, any holster, that'll work for be.

Alien Gear Belly-Band: My belly pushes it down to my gonad area.

Desantis Nemesis Pocket holster: Holster comes out with the pistol.

Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster: Works, but pulls my pants down.
Also had to improvise a spacer to make the draw easier.
I suppose suspenders might help but not a big suspenders fan.

Considering the Vedder pocket holster that Hickcock45 seems to favor, but am afraid that will just pull me further down the holster money pit with unfavorable results?

At this point think I'll try an .380 LCP MAX.
The original LCP works well for me but can't see the sights.
Still, never leave home without it.

Decisions, decisions...

04-29-22, 15:36
One of the most important things is to have a good gun belt. I use the Blue Alpha Hybrid belts.

SteyrAUG
04-29-22, 15:46
I find it interesting that most don't vary their carry method for the heat. But it makes sense....you're always going to have your preferred firearm close at hand. Maybe I just need to quit being lazy and find a more comfortable IWB holster setup for my Glock 43x. It's the largest pistol in my carry rotation but it's my favorite and I shoot it the best. Well, it will give me an excuse to hit the next gunshow and try some different options.

I went the other direction and carry a P226 in a paddle holster on my belt. I conceal with a reporters vest that I can remove when I go inside and just fold it over my carry gun, nobody has ever noticed in over a decade of south florida carry.

You aren't hiding most guns anyway. Reporters vest might as well say GUN on it, same for fanny packs and anyone wearing a t shirt with an open button down in August is either a retard or has an IWB carry set up. So to me, might as well go for faster access.

markm
04-29-22, 16:01
Shoot. I don't like wearing a belt any time these days. It's a S&W shield in kydex in my front pocket in almost any weather. I'm pretty much a home body though.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-29-22, 22:56
How does pocket carry work in normal clothes? I’m 5’6”, 150lb, and I carry a P365 AIWB. I can see my dip can and cell phone in my pockets, no way I could carry a pistol there.

The holster is the key - and maybe not wear those skinny pants…

Pocket is most comfortable, but slowest. Unless you start with your hand on the gun, then it's the quickest.

Ding, ding, ding/. If its a fair fight, you aren’t trying….

Shoot. I don't like wearing a belt any time these days. It's a S&W shield in kydex in my front pocket in almost any weather. I'm pretty much a home body though.

Yep, I don’t travel as much as I used to, or really leave the house. I wear cargo pants 95% of the time when I leave the house, so my Shield in a Desantis pocket holster. I made a custom Kydex mag holder for 2x8round back up mags that I keep in my left thigh pocket.

tweakmeister
04-29-22, 23:09
I typically use a Bladetech Nexbelt (leather front nylon backing) as it looks business casual and is very adjustable then a G19.5 or P365XL in a Vedder Lighttuck (no light). I’ve tried a number of other setups and they stick out too far or just don’t fit right. I’m a 34” waist, 150-160lbs and carry crossdraw AIWB or at the -8 o’clock LH (4 o’clock right handed) position. The p365xl when canted (I skip the wing claw) hides very well.

gaijin
04-30-22, 08:18
6'1", 200 lbs.

I run Blue Alpha EDC belt, Tier 1 Concealed "T1-M" Minimalist IWB holster with a P365; Standard optics slide, 507K, X frame, PMM barrel/comp. at 3:30 just behind point of hip.
Super comfortable, reasonably quick on presentation.

I strive to keep head out of my ass so as to see "trouble" coming, before it's on me. The ole "Situational Awareness".

LDM
04-30-22, 08:28
There are times I have to wear "business casual' which is typically a pair of Docker Khakis and a knit polo shirt. For those times, I wear a Galco ankle holster with a Walther PPS. This setup carries comfortably for me and offers very good concealment at the cost of speed of access.
I too just got a Ruger LCP Max and I am impressed, especially with the sights.
Thought long and hard about .380 as a carry caliber. But given the improvements in ammunition, a .380 today with quality ammo may not be the equal to 9mm today, but may be the equal to 9mm a decade or two ago. I am undecided if I will carry Hornady Critical Defense or a flat nose Buffalo Bore round.
Given the way this Ruger LCP Max shoots, I am developing confidence with each shooting session that I can "put it where it needs to be".

Heavyweight
04-30-22, 10:35
I like my LCP Max a lot. As Pappabear pointed out earlier in this thread some folks don't consider them duty grade. But I've run enough rounds through mine to feel comfortable. I was thinking about Hornady Critical Defense too but ultimately decided on FMJ just for the penetration. I'm just afraid the CD will open up and not get the job done. But I bet the Buffalo Bore is a good option.

After trying out several carry options I settled on this pocket holster from Robert Mika. It's one ugly holster but it functions perfectly. It breaks up the outline of the Max nicely when wearing slacks and stays in my pocket 100 percent when drawing. Great $30 option.

Hope your LCP Max works out as good as mine has.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Heavyweight
04-30-22, 10:37
Photohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220430/024e503e88ba333dee619872918142d3.jpg

Tanner
04-30-22, 19:40
Mentioned in another thread, always summer carry in South Florida; 90% of time AWIB Glock-19RMR, almost always wear untucked Polo, T-shirt, 'dress' shirt, well hidden, easy/rapid access. The other 10%, revolver in pocket for quick supermarket run, walking the dog around the neighborhood, or bike ride.

P2Vaircrewman
05-01-22, 08:59
I am in south Louisiana, humid and hot summers that last 9 months. I carry a G19 in a Tenicor Velo4 AIWB year round. I am 165, 5'10"

Det-Sog
05-01-22, 13:04
Yes. I'm in my late 50s so I can wear untucked fishing shirts and look like just another geezer. I might try to appendix carry a 2011 this year. Never tried it.

You guys with those LCP's better ask yourself how safe you'd feel if you ever accidentally dropped it... My Airlite PD J-frame is just as light as your LCP (seriously) and won't go off if dropped. I have the option between .38 - .357 magnum. Friend don't let friends carry mouse guns.

yoni
05-01-22, 14:49
I have never understood this whole summer pistol thing. I carry the same pistol year around, for years it was a Hi Power, then it was a Glock 34 or 35, then it was CZ P09/07, now it is a Glock 34 with a 6 inch match barrel in it.

Never been made, never and issue, and if I have to fight I got a real gun, that delivers 9mm 68 grain bullets at 2000fps. Bill Wilson so believes in the Leighi Defense rounds he bought the company.

Det-Sog
05-01-22, 15:38
I have never understood this whole summer pistol thing. I carry the same pistol year around, for years it was a Hi Power, then it was a Glock 34 or 35, then it was CZ P09/07, now it is a Glock 34 with a 6 inch match barrel in it.

Never been made, never and issue, and if I have to fight I got a real gun, that delivers 9mm 68 grain bullets at 2000fps. Bill Wilson so believes in the Leighi Defense rounds he bought the company.

If I lived and worked in some of the places that you have, I'd carry a duty loadout everywhere too. I'd go back to my old duty P229 in .357 Sig, or have a Glock 20 with 10mm 200 grain gold dot ammo.

I'll look into those Leighi defense rounds. Looks like Underwood.

pag23
05-01-22, 16:14

Have you shot any of them ...just in target shooting to see how accurate they are and the recoil?

Thanks

pag23
05-01-22, 16:18
I usually carry a Glock 19 or 23 year round ....might go to a 43X with shield mags or P365X....

yoni
05-01-22, 17:02
Have you shot any of them ...just in target shooting to see how accurate they are and the recoil?

Thanks

Yes I have shot the Underwood Leighi Defense through my Glock 34 to confirm zero with the Delta micro. Through both my 8"CMMG 9mm Banshee and my BT TP9 to zero red dots. They are very accurate and I think they recoil a little less than 115 grain ball.

I think they are hte best thing going. Friends have shot pigs with them and were in shock at how great they were.

Smedley
05-01-22, 17:23
Ehh, I can understand the criticism for mouse guns. I've got many of the pistols mentioned in this thread. 1911s, Hi-Powers, P-07, LW J-Frames, I've even got Beretta 21-A in .22LR that gets pocket carried on occasion (but will concede it's a very poor choice).
But then I live in a relatively civilized suburban setting. So am cool with a mouse gun (.380 ACP) much of the time.
If going into an urban cess-pool I'd carry something up to that threat level, or better yet, just not go there to begin with.
Check in on the Reddit CCW sub forum occasionally and am amazed at the firepower some of them proclaim to carry on the regular.
"Red Dots, lights, laser beams, 32 rd. Mags, etc.
All good but suspect many of then live in their parents basement and would shit themselves if an armed encounter actually presented itself.
Carry what suits you for the occasion would seem to be the bottom line.
At least for me...

yoni
05-01-22, 17:29
I have been in 3rd world dumps without any pistol, and got into places where I would have given 10k for a RG 22 cal revolver. So it is all relative I guess. But given the ability I will always carry a serious pistol.

Heavyweight
05-01-22, 18:15
I have never understood this whole summer pistol thing.

That's because you're a professional gunfighter. For me working in a hospital and office, once I lose that outer layer vest, jacket or sweater to the warm weather I'm seriously compromised on concealment. Mouse guns become a necessary evil. Definitely not ideal but better than nothing. Man....I wish I could shove a Glock 34 down my pants and head on down the road. That is awesome!

Stay safe

Heavyweight

yoni
05-01-22, 19:13
That's because you're a professional gunfighter. For me working in a hospital and office, once I lose that outer layer vest, jacket or sweater to the warm weather I'm seriously compromised on concealment. Mouse guns become a necessary evil. Definitely not ideal but better than nothing. Man....I wish I could shove a Glock 34 down my pants and head on down the road. That is awesome!

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Back in the day the SAS had a set up where they used a IWB with a belt that sat about 2 inches below the top of their jeans. They stuck their Hi Powers into these holster and the disappeared. I don't know if you are wearing scrubs and have people bumping into you, but if not and it is just concealment you could try this method. The other thing you could do if your in dress shirt and slacks, you could unbutton your shirt button above your pants top insert the pistol cross draw into your waist and rebutton the shirt. If it were a Glock or other striker fired gun I would carry chamber empty in this carry. This puts the barrel down the front of your left thigh and the grip at your belt level. This would reduce the chance of someone touching the pistol.

pag23
05-01-22, 19:49
Yes I have shot the Underwood Leighi Defense through my Glock 34 to confirm zero with the Delta micro. Through both my 8"CMMG 9mm Banshee and my BT TP9 to zero red dots. They are very accurate and I think they recoil a little less than 115 grain ball.

I think they are hte best thing going. Friends have shot pigs with them and were in shock at how great they were.

Thank you!

ThirdWatcher
05-02-22, 02:54
I wore a heavy gunbelt for 40+ years but I can’t do it anymore. I started out with S&W revolvers and I shoot them well so I now carry a 442-2 Centennial .38 Special (no lock) everywhere in an old Tex Shoemaker OWB holster under my tee shirt. I live outside of town in a region where a lot of people CCW, I don’t do drugs, I don’t cheat on my wife, and I’m seldom out after dark anymore. Also have a Colt carbine within arm’s reach in my car and my truck. I do stop to back up other LEO’s whenever I can...

Alex V
05-03-22, 17:58
Finally got my G48MOS with Holosun 407k for summer carry.

Used to be a first gen M&P Shield.

Can’t beat 15+1 in the 48 with Shield Arms mags.

jsbhike
05-04-22, 07:38
Back in the day the SAS had a set up where they used a IWB with a belt that sat about 2 inches below the top of their jeans. They stuck their Hi Powers into these holster and the disappeared.

Hey Yoni, was this it?

http://www.holsters.org/deepconceal-holster.htm

1986s4
05-04-22, 08:29
I have been in 3rd world dumps without any pistol, and got into places where I would have given 10k for a RG 22 cal revolver. So it is all relative I guess. But given the ability I will always carry a serious pistol.

Yes to a serious pistol. I live in a tropical environment so heat and humidity are a constant companion. But I want something I can use if needed. I've gone to my LGS several times with the intent of getting a small revolver and the smallest pistol I ever came away with was a Smith M13 3".....
I'm slender and not a heavy sweater so I have that going for me.

The_War_Wagon
05-04-22, 09:31
J-frame .357 with 124gr. +P .38 jhps

Adrenaline_6
05-04-22, 12:07
I'm with Yoni's mindset. I carry a P30 IWB year round. Shorts...Tshirt...whatever. I am in Florida. Zero problems.

yoni
05-04-22, 17:40
Hey Yoni, was this it?

http://www.holsters.org/deepconceal-holster.htm

Yes.

But I made up a copy of one by using a IWB that I removed the belt loops from and put velcro on, I then put velcro on a nylon web belt. It worked great!

I want to go back to gun fighting for a second.

Only an idiot or a special ops fighter willingly take a pistol to a gun fight. Members of elite units a lot of times must use a pistol for a mission, which is why we trained so hard on pistols. These missions could be a snatch, assassination, aircraft train or bus assault.

In many countries it is not socially acceptable to walk the super market and go into the bank with a rifle sling from your shoulder. So in these places we carry pistols as we have no choice.

When someone forces you to draw your pistol and shoot in defense of your life or others lives, it is a serious situation. I would rather not get into a fight with a non serious pistol. I almost lost my life once and I had a serious pistol in my hand or so I thought and I delivered accurate hits all rounds into the heart. It was a buddy with a rifle that saved my life.

Summer is coming, my Glock 34 with 6" barrel will ride in my jeans, my shorts under a T shirt. No issues . I will admit to if I have to run to the store and I have on running shorts I will throw the pistol in a fanny pack that I carry slung across my shoulder with the pouch running at an angle mid body. I pay extra attention to my surrounding when I do this.

I will answer before people ask, "I am 5 11 back in shape and tip the scale at 210 pounds.

JiminAZ
05-05-22, 01:01
Here in AZ I can carry most anything OWB 3:00 to 4:30 under an oversized tee and shorts. Pretty much look like everyone else. But I’m not going to a job with this setup.

When I was younger and carried at work in kakhis and a dress shirt I used a VM2 and bloomed My shirts at the waist a bit. Ok for 1911 and Glock. I did get made once by a savvy coworker.

jbjh
05-05-22, 11:01
Has anyone tried the Philster Enigma?

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-landing/

Sent from inner space

dirkmagurk
05-06-22, 12:32
Carried a G19 or G17 for over 20 years no issues. Past few years I’ve switched to a G45, I prefer the balance and it shoots flatter for me.

Heavyweight
05-06-22, 14:13

Sent from inner spaceI have not but that looks like it would be a lot more comfortable in the heat than a traditional "belly band". And it looks like it keeps the pistol firmly against the body. I might pick one up for my P320 Carry and try it out for when I'm not working.

Thanks for the link!

Dan_B
05-08-22, 00:40
Staccato C2 w/comp as my primary.

What Yoni said on his ammo, I found 2 boxes to test

Det-Sog
05-09-22, 09:09
Staccato C2 w/comp as my primary. What Yoni said on his ammo, I found 2 boxes to test

Keep us posted. I'm loving the C2 more every day. It will be my main EDC at some point the way things are headed. F-ing love those 2011s.

Dan_B
05-09-22, 18:02
Keep us posted. I'm loving the C2 more every day. It will be my main EDC at some point the way things are headed. F-ing love those 2011s.

Edited

gaijin
05-09-22, 18:56
Are you running a 507K?

Dan_B
05-09-22, 20:11
Are you running a 507K?

The 508T.

You and DG23 tipped my C2 scale; Yoni’s Pi$$ed thread the Holosun/508T

gaijin
05-10-22, 06:15
Ahhhhh. So.
Nice set up!

It’s good to feel adequately gunned when leaving the house.

Ron3
05-10-22, 23:49

I recently tested more Underwood 9x19.

The 68 gr +P avg the same in a 4.25 in Beretta as my P30SK 3.27 in. (polygonal barrel) About 1725 fps.

The 90 gr +P+ version ran about 1440 fps from the 4.25 in Beretta. (just 5 shots)

However, through a 16.5 in Beretta carbine the 68 gr +P avg was 2090 fps. (5 shots)

The 90 gr +P+ ran about 1675 fps from the carbine. (5 shots)

I ran another 20 rds of each ammo type through each gun and had no malfunctions. They all zero about like 115 gr bullets. I was firing mostly 147's this day so they were just a little low at 25 yds. But very accurate.

I looked at the brass and rolled them on a table and saw no signs of overpressure. I was concerned about the Beretta carbine because case support isn't as good most pistols. Didn't see any bulges in the cases.

markmiela
05-11-22, 08:04
Northeast Florida and carrying a Sig M18 most of the time but will change to the Shield Plus in the summer. I find a tank top undershirt helps to keep my gun away from my shin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnamin
05-11-22, 10:55

Sent from inner spaceStaccato C2+ Enigma + LAS Concealment Shogun for when I'm in gym shorts. I had to walk for a few miles to get the leg leash dialed down just right. The newer leash clasp is much better than the old miniature fastex buckle type.

You can adjust a belt mounted IWB holster only so much. Enigma offers much more adjustability.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-j545Znb/0/356ff020/L/i-j545Znb-L.jpg

jbjh
05-11-22, 12:01
Staccato C2+ Enigma + LAS Concealment Shogun for when I'm in gym shorts. I had to walk for a few miles to get the leg leash dialed down just right. The newer leash clasp is much better than the old miniature fastex buckle type.

You can adjust a belt mounted IWB holster only so much. Enigma offers much more adjustability.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-j545Znb/0/356ff020/L/i-j545Znb-L.jpg

Thanks for the info! Looks like I might have to grab one to play around with.

Sent from inner space

grnamin
05-11-22, 12:35
Thanks for the info! Looks like I might have to grab one to play around with.

Sent from inner spaceYou're welcome. Please note that you will have to assemble the Enigma yourself. Youtube videos abound to help.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

pinzgauer
05-12-22, 21:25
Staccato C2+ Enigma + LAS Concealment Shogun for when I'm in gym shorts. I had to walk for a few miles to get the leg leash dialed down just right. The newer leash clasp is much better than the old miniature fastex buckle type.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-j545Znb/0/356ff020/L/i-j545Znb-L.jpgThat looks kind of, ummm, uncomfortable!

grnamin
05-12-22, 23:03
That looks kind of, ummm, uncomfortable!LOL! I thought the same, but decided to try it out since I needed a solution for concealed carry in running shoes. To my surprise, only the leg leash was uncomfortable until I finally positioned it just right. The wing has so many mounting holes for the strap that you can dial down the position of your pistol for optimal comfort, concealment, and drawing.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

brushy bill
05-13-22, 07:16
now it is a Glock 34 with a 6 inch match barrel in it.

Yoni, do you mind posting particulars on this setup? Sounds like you are also running a reddot below. Thanks.

yoni
05-13-22, 14:19
I am running a Lone Wolf 6" barrel that was sold as match. Not that I am sure it really is.

I am Running an Overwatch DAT poly trigger (https://overwatchprecision.com/polydat-trigger-for-glock)

I have Overwatch connector in it and a 6 pound trigger spring.

All of the above gives me a great street trigger.

I have an Ameriglow front sight, and on the rear a Leupold Delta micro.

I have ground the heck out of the grip so it fits my hand almost like a CZ, I also JP welded a ledge for my right thumb to rest on.

It is an ugly gun, but it is a gun that I am willing to take with me any where in the world .

I look at the Glock thread and all the pretty guns. Then I look at mine, it is an ugly little thing. Last week I was doing some range work at speed on a friends property and I ran past a big over grown cluster of weeds which bordered grass that was a little long. Long story short in the middle of this mess was some barbed wire that was concealed from sight. I caught my pant leg on the wire and down I went. Glock and me landed on the top of a big rock that was 99% in the ground. We both got some pain out of it. If I had my $5k Hi Power, I would have cried. But all I needed to do is clean off the ugly little thing and she was good to go. It took me a week to recover.

Quinn
05-26-22, 10:28
I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned the enigma on this thread. I have one and love it. No more uncomfortable than carrying a traditional kydex with a belt. I would argue it’s even a little more comfortable at times cause the belt and material conform to your body better. Carry a g19 with an x300 and RMR at about 1 o’clock. I wore sweatpants in the winter and and starting to wear either basketball shorts or other elastic “nicer” looking shorts. So far the only thing that really prints is the RMR/ slide portion. I want to do another enigma setup and keep it more slick (no weapon light and possibly no optic) but unsure if I wanna give the 43x a try or stick with the 19.

sierra 223
05-27-22, 18:23
Glock 17 or 19.

Carried in a JM Custom OWB or Blade Tech IWB along with SKS mag carrier for extra mag.

Spyderco Knife and small flashlight.

Biggy
05-28-22, 03:54
Shadow Systems CR920, Tenicore Certum3 IWB/AIWB holster, Dark Star Gear mag carrier.

https://i.imgur.com/2s066Lll.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/18s3dN6l.jpg

Ron3
05-28-22, 10:59
I dont know how people tolerate all-kydex for ISWB.

I've tried many and none approach the comfort of a hybrid.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-28-22, 17:02
I carry a J-frame pretty much any time I am not bathing or sleeping. But, when I am going some place that I think merits something extra I have a Langdon Beretta 92 I carry IWB with a untucked shirt. Typically with a spare mag in my pocket. I really don't care for mid-compact guns (in the 365-to G26 range even though I own them). I figure, if I am carrying something that requires more than dropping it in my pocket I am carrying the combat autoloader I shoot the best.

fred
05-30-22, 17:20
Glock 19 or 23 in the Versa Max II IWB, under two untucked T shirts or a T and a button down. It's easier now that I wear the Origin-Maine jeans. 6'2" 220 no problemas. I never heard about some of these holsters, now must do some homework. In one agency a lot of guys wore the Thunderwear to look more normal. I can't get comfortable with a gun that close to my goodies, not judging just saying!
In Vegas around 2002 there was a small store that had tons of holsters, even for us lefties. I wish there was something like that around here.

Dusty T
05-30-22, 18:21
I'm 5'6 130# and living in the Southwest high desert where summers are routinely 100+
I've been CCWing a Kahr K9 for several summers now with no issues

https://i.postimg.cc/dtChc3r1/Camo-K9-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G2NF3pKp/Camo-K9-2.jpg

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-02-22, 21:44
Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356

Sam
06-03-22, 06:45
Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356

Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

Those Kahrs are the modern affordable alternative to the 70s ASP spy guns.

yellowfin
06-04-22, 13:23
For me it's still just a Shield 9, haven't seen a need to get anything else in 10 years or so.

titsonritz
06-04-22, 20:05
Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

I'd like to pick up one of those MK9's.

rim
06-04-22, 21:45
G26 (gen 4)...Shield 9 (first gen)....G43 (first gen) and, on very rare occasions when I need something super small, a G42.

Univibe
06-11-22, 11:23
G17 or G19. Wearing a suit I can conceal either, and I wear causal shirts one size larger so as to conceal the G19. I hardly ever carry th e P365.

gji14260
06-14-22, 13:07
depends on what I am wearing, I have 2 maybe 3 Glocks I go too during the summer, if I'm wearing just shorts, I wear my Glock 43, if I'm wearing pants or a heavier material shorts then I move to the 43x. I also been known to carry my Glock 42 on occasion. In the winter time its the Glock 43X or Glock 26. Yess I love my Glocks

Dusty T
06-14-22, 14:41

My K9 was the first pistol I bought for myself :smile:

I grew up shooting mostly revolvers so when I started trying new stuff I had a hard time finding something that suited me, I didn't like pretty much anything, I just didn't like the triggers. The first trigger I really liked was Beretta 92 that the owner had converted to double action only, but I didn't want something that big. Next was a PX4 that had an actual double action trigger, but I couldn't find one for sale and discovered they were pretty much only being sold to law enforcement. Then I discovered the K9 and fell in love, perfect size and weight, no plastic, and a trigger as nice as many of the revolvers I grew up shooting, and certainly far better than the triggers of most every other pistol I found.

As the manual said there were a handful of hiccups during the first roughly 100 shots, passing 200 the trigger felt even better and the hiccups disappeared, just as owners told me would happen. After the first case of 124 HST ran 100% I was sold and quickly ordered a second K9 and a bunch of magazines. I completely detail cleaned the first one and it has been my daily carry, the second one has been relegated to practice only and I beat the snot out of it, that way I don't have to fuss with cleaning my carry pistol.

:dirol:

https://i.postimg.cc/bY0CxJH8/K9-2x-Camo.jpg

Styx
06-28-22, 10:40
I carry a Kahr K40 or MK40 for years. Changed the ploymer followers to the Lakeline aluminum followers, added Wolff extra strength mag springs, and night sights. Picked up all of my Kahr K and MK series handguns for$400 or less. I love the Kahr steel frames. They are perfect EDC concealment pistols. I been on the lookout for a T9 and T40 now.

https://i.imgur.com/V7y1ZYe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OWJeMnV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UZ6KnKv.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/0XdpWee.jpg

Got this K40 as a backup NIB from BudsGunShop for $300.
https://i.imgur.com/RZSPde5.jpg

CDW4ME
07-05-22, 13:46
Its always summer, Glock 17/22 or 34/35 AIWB.