PDA

View Full Version : Colt "Enhanced Trigger Group"

John Hearne
12-18-08, 20:49
Sorry but "Search" isn't working for me tonight.

Does anyone know the skinny on the "Enhanced Trigger Group" that Colt uses in its "Accurized Rifle?" I've been told that they are JP components but haven't seen anything definite. Any feedback or experience with the system would be appreciated.

mike240
12-19-08, 05:11
If that is the model 6724 it is not a JP trigger. Colt used to sell the 6724 trigger group (large pin) on a sealed card (hammer, trigger and both springs with pin-all silver in color). That is what I put in all my Duty Colt semi auto guns...because it is Colt, no adjustments and department armorer and lawyer proof.

Cold Zero
12-19-08, 06:15
John

I have been running one in of of my Colt's for quite sometime now. In my opinion, as somone who has run more the 10,000 rds. thru that trigger and as a factory cert' armorer, that trigger is GTG. I have not experienced one issue with it to date. Hope that helps.

LSK
12-19-08, 08:28
I have one in a Colt LE Carbine that was set up by Ken Elmore. It has seen heavy use for many years with out any problems.

JStor
12-19-08, 09:33
The hammer is lightened and a teflon coated spring is used, plus I believe they are stainless steel. I am not sure what other differences from standard they are, but my Colt HBAR Elite has one. It breaks at 4.5 pounds, and the rifle itself is superbly accurate. Its favorite bullet to date is a 60 gr. Hornady V-Max.

John Hearne
12-20-08, 08:45
Does anyone know of a good source for these parts. Specialized Armament doesn't list them as an available part on their web site. Do I need to call them and ask or look somewhere else?

Cold Zero
12-20-08, 08:49
Does anyone know of a good source for these parts. Specialized Armament doesn't list them as an available part on their web site. Do I need to call them and ask or look somewhere else?

Web site, Smeb site. I would call Tina (S.A.W.) and ask her if she has any. It is good, very reliable trigger.