PDA

View Full Version : Best assault rifle upper?

Eurodriver
05-03-22, 07:41
Looking to put an upper on my new assault rifle and wondering if the market has come out with any doozies in the last 5~ years?

Specifically the barrel, but wondering if there are other considerations such as gas port size. I’m assuming any quality CL CMV barreled upper would suit but figured I’d ask.

Ranges would be moderate at best but muzzle control and reliability are paramount.

Outlander Systems
05-03-22, 07:45
An assault rifle?

Say no more:

https://fightlite.com/mcr-556-dfr

https://dealernfa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Fightlite_MCR_060-004@2x-scaled.jpeg

Bellycrawl
05-03-22, 08:08
That looks more like an improved sporting rifle.

everready73
05-03-22, 08:48
I think some guy here named Batman ran a Colt 6920 over with a 4runner. It is all you will ever need

05-03-22, 09:18

ACOG or Aimpoint

Pick one and pair with a G19.

All you could ever need. Make sure you shoot them in a hurricane.

If you can’t find one of those, just get a Bear Creek Arsenal. Its all the same.

HKGuns
05-03-22, 09:19
Please define “assault rifle.” This makes zero sense and I suspect this account has been compromised by some communist punk.

Inkslinger
05-03-22, 09:32
Euro is off his meds again.

Outlander Systems
05-03-22, 09:42
An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Please define “assault rifle.” This makes zero sense and I suspect this account has been compromised by some communist punk.

markm
05-03-22, 09:54

Yep! About time too! This sites greatest conversation lately is fukking grip screws. I'll take cuckoo bird over that retarded crap all day long!

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-03-22, 10:33
Yep! About time too! This sites greatest conversation lately is fukking grip screws. I'll take cuckoo bird over that retarded crap all day long!

And not just one, but *two* threads about grip screws.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-03-22, 10:34
Looking to put an upper on my new assault rifle and wondering if the market has come out with any doozies in the last 5~ years?

Specifically the barrel, but wondering if there are other considerations such as gas port size. I’m assuming any quality CL CMV barreled upper would suit but figured I’d ask.

Ranges would be moderate at best but muzzle control and reliability are paramount.

PSA 10.5 Daily Deal with a Sig Romeo.

docsherm
05-03-22, 10:41
An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

An Assualt Rifle is anythign that the Media says it is...........

https://img.ifunny.co/images/dd9caa8d472a133935d384b296ee2ea6eed767a0a1977a5dfd8929330416ea3e_1.webp

Dutch110
05-03-22, 10:45
Not gonna lie. I took a breather from this place due to the extreme levels of retardation going around lately. This thread gives me hope.

Hank6046
05-03-22, 10:53
This one is twice as good as all the other uppers on the market, you all can thank me later.

https://www.gilboa-rifle.silver-shadow.com/

Stickman
05-03-22, 10:57

You are a breath of fresh air my friend, and I totally agree. I think we are seeing the slow death of forums.

C-grunt
05-03-22, 11:21
You are a breath of fresh air my friend, and I totally agree. I think we are seeing the slow death of forums.

I get more traffic and have pretty good discussions on Facebook.

M4C needs a Facebook page.

05-03-22, 11:21
That looks more like an improved sporting rifle.

I agree. The term sporting rifle is more appropriate and accurate.

Outlander Systems
05-03-22, 12:26
Lmfao! I can’t argue with this.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

An Assualt Rifle is anythign that the Media says it is...........

https://img.ifunny.co/images/dd9caa8d472a133935d384b296ee2ea6eed767a0a1977a5dfd8929330416ea3e_1.webp

GTF425
05-03-22, 12:34

Nerd.

Inkslinger
05-03-22, 12:36

It has one.

https://m.facebook.com/M4Carbine.net/

TMS951
05-03-22, 12:46

I think what people are missing here is he may in fact be looking for an upper for a select fire lower. I know he’s got nfa stuff. So why not a M16?

That’s my wager on his wording, and the response he has gotten was also what he was looking for on a troll level. I’m sure he’s in the market for an upper too though

Hank6046
05-03-22, 12:54
"An assault rifle is a gun with a thing on it that goes up" -Joey Bideman head of the TAF, no..not..not TAF, AFT man...

Not really on other social media but the other forums, or sources but the other sources don't have people that actually shoot, or at least train. Instagram is full of guys with new stuff for the sake of new stuff, I like new stuff, but only when it serves a purpose. Reddit is full of lefties who are looking to recreate Castro and Che from their non-binary parents basements and trick out a Ruger and call it cool, Facebook has fuds that will put maybe 2 mags down the barrel and tell you that it is dependable, TOS has some tricked out POF guns that have only been ran in an indoor shooting lane.

I have come to the realization that I'm not a DeltaSealReconRanger and I'm okay with that, but I want and enjoy learning the craft of shooting and currently the AR platform offers more versatility and mission modification currently than any other platform on the market. This, to me is the only place that I can most likely find assurance from actual experience. If other places exist, I would be happy to go there.

C-grunt
05-03-22, 15:28
Not really on other social media but the other forums, or sources but the other sources don't have people that actually shoot, or at least train. Instagram is full of guys with new stuff for the sake of new stuff, I like new stuff, but only when it serves a purpose. Facebook has fuds that will put maybe 2 mags down the barrel and tell you that it is dependable.

Just like gun forums, you have to find the right pages.

Big name trainers are far more active on Facebook than I have ever seen them be on here, or any other forum.

Dutch110
05-03-22, 15:33

It's the circle of life. Forums get popular because they have experts who have great insight and give good advice. So they attract people. The problem with that some of them are idiots who think they know better than the experts that attracted them to the forum to begin with. Experts get tired of arguing with idiots and leave. Then the idiots become the experts.

Hank6046
05-03-22, 15:40
Big name trainers are far more active on Facebook than I have ever seen them be on here, or any other forum.

I understand that, because they are trying to reach the biggest audience. I just think we are a much more concentrated version of said audience, I don't always go out and seek the big name trainers as well, I try to seek those that have an experience or capability I am looking for, which can get lost in the facebook messaging because it is so broad.

grizzman
05-03-22, 17:14
There should be plenty of options at the local assault rifle store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediGuy
05-03-22, 17:23
OP,
I advise checking with your LGS. They know what works, and the also support buying local and buying locally manufactured. They’ll know the good local guys. Look for the guy over fifty-five with the white beard, he’ll steer you right(ly).

Otherwise, this looks solid for ya.
https://www.righttobear.com/rtb-22-upper-9-inch-barrel-7-inch-inch-rail-a2-rtb922lr7ra2/

Hammer_Man
05-03-22, 17:44
AR15s are so last century. What you need is a Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Waylander
05-03-22, 18:00

And not just one, but *two* threads about grip screws.

Not any average, everyday grip screw. COMBO grip screw.

john armond
05-03-22, 18:07
Not any average, everyday grip screw. COMBO grip screw.

Can I get that one at Ace Hardware?

Waylander
05-03-22, 19:34
Can I get that one at Ace Hardware?

No sir. There are only two super duper top tier AR manufacturers, I’m told. If they run out, people may be forced to take a Dremel or file and cut the flat slot in the hex screw themselves. Oh the horror.

jbjh
05-03-22, 19:41
I understand that, because they are trying to reach the biggest audience. I just think we are a much more concentrated version of said audience, I don't always go out and seek the big name trainers as well, I try to seek those that have an experience or capability I am looking for, which can get lost in the facebook messaging because it is so broad.

The worst part about discussions on FB is the inability to track them. The “save for later” button doesn’t work how you’d think it would (not like bookmarking). And the incessant algorithm-ing of everything is beyond annoying.

Hell, I’d be happy if click “show all comments” actually did it!

Sent from inner space

MegademiC
05-03-22, 20:46

Tip-to-butt
1. Sf muzzle break for max accuracy in FA mode
2. SS barrel for full accuracy points
3. Std handguards cause retro is in and FF has no real world benefit
4. Vltor upper , +6 accuracy
5. NiB bcg because bling>performance
6. A2 carry handle with scope. #retro and it gets you "heads up" height which is rad, and new... (ignor the fact its not)
7. Red charging handle. Make doesnt matter, no need to aktually use it... you just need to symbolize the slain, past and future.

ScottsBad
05-03-22, 22:33

I don't know he is on my ignore list...LOL

TomMcC
05-03-22, 22:53
I remember in the 70's and 80's when it was cool to call AR's and HK's assault rifles...then the left screwed everything up.

RobertTheTexan
05-04-22, 08:42
I think what people are missing here is he may in fact be looking for an upper for a select fire lower. I know he’s got nfa stuff. So why not a M16?

That’s my wager on his wording, and the response he has gotten was also what he was looking for on a troll level. I’m sure he’s in the market for an upper too though

I’d take that wager. If he were looking for advice on an upper why would he ask here where folks would spend 2 weeks and 500 posts discussing optimal barrel length and gas port size.

And now apparently grip screws.

Besides it’s either he hasn’t trolled lately or gotten banned lately. You can usually tell which by how flammable his post is. This one was definitely a troll fix. :-)

RobertTheTexan
05-04-22, 08:46
No sir. There are only two super duper top tier AR manufacturers, I’m told. If they run out, people may be forced to take a Dremel or file and cut the flat slot in the hex screw themselves. Oh the horror.

2 top tier AR manufacturers?

You must mean BCM and BCM.

RobertTheTexan
05-04-22, 08:53
Tip-to-butt
1. Sf muzzle break for max accuracy in FA mode
2. SS barrel for full accuracy points
3. Std handguards cause retro is in and FF has no real world benefit
4. Vltor upper , +6 accuracy
5. NiB bcg because bling>performance
6. A2 carry handle with scope. #retro and it gets you "heads up" height which is rad, and new... (ignor the fact its not)
7. Red charging handle. Make doesnt matter, no need to aktually use it... you just need to symbolize the slain, past and future.

What’s the gas port size on that SS barrel? We looking at optimized for suppressed shooting? Optimized for unsuppressed? Optimized for both with an adjustable GB (they never break except when they do) Optimized to reduce kick or muzzle rise? Optimized for the C-Clamp grip with elbow in full retard mode?

You gotta be specific!!

Outlander Systems
05-04-22, 09:41
The subtlety of the flex is subtle...

I’d take that wager. If he were looking for advice on an upper why would he ask here where folks would spend 2 weeks and 500 posts discussing optimal barrel length and gas port size.

And now apparently grip screws.

Besides it’s either he hasn’t trolled lately or gotten banned lately. You can usually tell which by how flammable his post is. This one was definitely a troll fix. :-)

Dutch110
05-04-22, 11:08
I just checked all my grip screws and two of them are hex key. Will my grip fall off????? How can I tell if they are Colt grip screws? I hear those are the only ones you can fully trust. Also, should I stake my nuts?

ScottsBad
05-04-22, 12:27

Fvc Zuckerburg and Fvc Facebook. I closed my commie FB account when they started censoring what I was writting IN REAL TIME. What are you a Democrat?

ScottsBad
05-04-22, 12:34
Oh my gosh. This thread is a CF.

Dutch110
05-04-22, 12:46
Oh my gosh. This thread is a CF.

Pretty sure a good portion of what you are seeing is sarcasm aimed at making fun of the current state of this forum

Waylander
05-04-22, 13:26
I just checked all my grip screws and two of them are hex key. Will my grip fall off????? How can I tell if they are Colt grip screws? I hear those are the only ones you can fully trust. Also, should I stake my nuts?

Better check and make sure they’re all American steel. Go ahead and check for MIM parts while you’re at it. You can learn how to be an MIM expert by reading TOS.

Waylander
05-04-22, 13:41
I can’t take credit for the idea but the best way to be sure on the grip screw is to get a Colt full auto lower, take the lower parts out then have the receiver scrapped. Then you can be pretty sure you have a legit grip screw. [emoji6]

ScottsBad
05-04-22, 13:50
Pretty sure a good portion of what you are seeing is sarcasm aimed at making fun of the current state of this forum

Actually, that's my real point. Do we want the forum filled with this kind of crap. Especially from long time subscribers. This is what keeps me away from here for long stretches.

Dutch110
05-04-22, 18:11
Actually, that's my real point. Do we want the forum filled with this kind of crap. Especially from long time subscribers. This is what keeps me away from here for long stretches.

I think its a healthy outlet to blow off steam every once in awhile in threads like this. When it bleeds out to all threads and people can't discern between what is real and what is sarcasm then you are right. It all goes to shit.

Dutch110
05-04-22, 18:12
I can’t take credit for the idea but the best way to be sure on the grip screw is to get a Colt full auto lower, take the lower parts out then have the receiver scrapped. Then you can be pretty sure you have a legit grip screw. [emoji6]

Can't I just demil it and turn it into a lamp?

MegademiC
05-05-22, 05:45
What’s the gas port size on that SS barrel? We looking at optimized for suppressed shooting? Optimized for unsuppressed? Optimized for both with an adjustable GB (they never break except when they do) Optimized to reduce kick or muzzle rise? Optimized for the C-Clamp grip with elbow in full retard mode?

You gotta be specific!!

Optimized for Mil-spec ultra-duty.

I cant believe I forgot the grip screw!
Its imperitive to install with a mil-spec driver, but im just going to assume that could go without saying.

Outlander Systems
05-05-22, 06:18
Lighten up, Francis. The back button is at the top left of the browser.

RHINOWSO
05-06-22, 07:22

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FkMM3vtBEgSsLu%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Dude, how was Canada? How was Sudan and the Maldives? Ukraine party time?

We all wanna hear about the latest Euro-Adventures!?!?!?!?!

Cane55
05-10-22, 00:41

Exactly 100%. There is no new “assault rifles” only ones made before 1987, and they cost at least $30,000 to $50,000, plus you have to pay a tax stamp, wait a year, and that’s only assuming you pass the background check.

Cane55
05-10-22, 00:45

I disagree, we need way more threads about grip screws. Grip screws are the future, and add zest to the conversation.

SteyrAUG
05-13-22, 22:46
I have come to the realization that I'm not a DeltaSealReconRanger and I'm okay with that, but I want and enjoy learning the craft of shooting and currently the AR platform offers more versatility and mission modification currently than any other platform on the market. This, to me is the only place that I can most likely find assurance from actual experience. If other places exist, I would be happy to go there.

Without learning the secret handshake to forums specific to NinjaSeal types, this is the LAST forum of it's kind as every other forum has pretty much become another GlockTalk. And we still get the Whackadoos and Volunteer Commando Brigade from time to time.

Like you, if I'm gonna mess with things that go Pew Pew, I don't want somebody to simply repeat to me what they heard on Tales of the Gun or read on the internet. Having SME's who can step in when necessary keeps most of the discussion reliable.

SteyrAUG
05-13-22, 23:01

It's more entertaining than any of the "PROOF THE GOVERNMINT IS PLANNING END OF WORLD WITH ALIENS OM,G!!!@&^#@! AND MIND CONTROL FOUND IN DOMINOES PIZZA!!!!$&!!!." threads.

308sako
05-13-22, 23:04

While I'm rarely posting it's because of this wisdom rarely needs repeating, lol.

Hank6046
05-14-22, 17:47
Without learning the secret handshake to forums specific to NinjaSeal types, this is the LAST forum of it's kind as every other forum has pretty much become another GlockTalk. And we still get the Whackadoos and Volunteer Commando Brigade from time to time.

Like you, if I'm gonna mess with things that go Pew Pew, I don't want somebody to simply repeat to me what they heard on Tales of the Gun or read on the internet. Having SME's who can step in when necessary keeps most of the discussion reliable.

But I think this forum is necessary because the 2 of us exist and there is clearly many more. I have to be honest, I've learned quite a lot on here with both good and bad. I still have an reddot on my original 16" DDm4V5, why because in 2012 when I first purchased the rifle it made all the sense in the world, now I have a 11.3 BA Barreled Pistol that I am going to put a EoTech and 3x on, why, because I've taken enough classes and live in a rural enough place that I know that target ID is critical, especially as a civilian, and that it adds capability to my weapon, even at the expense of weight. All of this has been exhaustively discussed on these forums, but it does force the person to read, which, isn't as bad as others would have you believe.

SteyrAUG
05-14-22, 18:14
But I think this forum is necessary because the 2 of us exist and there is clearly many more. I have to be honest, I've learned quite a lot on here with both good and bad. I still have an reddot on my original 16" DDm4V5, why because in 2012 when I first purchased the rifle it made all the sense in the world, now I have a 11.3 BA Barreled Pistol that I am going to put a EoTech and 3x on, why, because I've taken enough classes and live in a rural enough place that I know that target ID is critical, especially as a civilian, and that it adds capability to my weapon, even at the expense of weight. All of this has been exhaustively discussed on these forums, but it does force the person to read, which, isn't as bad as others would have you believe.

I "think" I started forums back in 1999. The days of HK91.com, FullAuto.com and the like. I don't think I've ever been on any forum where I didn't learn something, but as things gained popularity, especially following the 2004 sunset and the Sandy Hook panic buy, every forum simply got overran with tards. Lots of people bringing their gamer knowledge to the masses.

This forum and a few others (which are trying to stay hidden) are really the only ones that regularly offer useful information to people who already know a lot about firearms.

Steve-0-
05-15-22, 02:40
So im looking for a new assault oven for my kitchen.

It needs to fit a 20lb turkey and be made of unobtanium.

Theres nothing I can find thats new for the last 13 years. Can you please help.

05-15-22, 03:36
So im looking for a new assault oven for my kitchen.

It needs to fit a 20lb turkey and be made of unobtanium.

Theres nothing I can find thats new for the last 13 years. Can you please help.

My girlfriend’s dad traded me an oven that was sitting in his yard in exchange for my broken one so he could scrap it. It has mostly analog controls instead of the maddeningly stupid digital ones one my old oven/stove. I never shoot turkeys, but it’ll fit a goose, and the flat cooktop can temporarily hold a PBR can nicely.

pag23
05-15-22, 06:14
I "think" I started forums back in 1999. The days of HK91.com, FullAuto.com and the like. I don't think I've ever been on any forum where I didn't learn something, but as things gained popularity, especially following the 2004 sunset and the Sandy Hook panic buy, every forum simply got overran with tards. Lots of people bringing their gamer knowledge to the masses.

This forum and a few others (which are trying to stay hidden) are really the only ones that regularly offer useful information to people who already know a lot about firearms.

I tend to post less and read more on this forum, as there is a lot of knowledge to be learned... But some posts are just...well..um

JoshNC
05-15-22, 09:15
Exactly 100%. There is no new “assault rifles” only ones made before 1987, and they cost at least $30,000 to $50,000, plus you have to pay a tax stamp, wait a year, and that’s only assuming you pass the background check.

It was 5/19/1986. And you missed the fact that Euro is trolling.

Joelski
05-15-22, 15:59
Euro: whatever you do, make absolutely CERTAIN that the upper you get is JuSt aS GoOD as the really good ones!

flenna
05-15-22, 18:37
It was 5/19/1986. And you missed the fact that Euro is trolling.

Yeah, he drops in every few months with one of these posts and then just sits back and watches the ensuing carnage.

Pappabear
05-15-22, 20:22
I keep telling folks that Geissele is making some GTG guns. They are gassed to perfection. Just buy one and be done. I almost bought one since I have lowers sitting around. But I just don't nee another gun.FCK me.

PB

utahjeepr
05-15-22, 20:52
Well damn.

I take a little time off from the forum and I miss out on Euro and Texas Bob dropping by to throw a little frag.

If I missed a Firefly sonnet or some t-gurl pics imma be highly upset.

;)

05-15-22, 22:07
Yeah, he drops in every few months with one of these posts and then just sits back and watches the ensuing carnage.

Didn’t know that was his trick. I will ignore his posts next time.

05-16-22, 10:12
If I missed a Firefly sonnet
I hope Fly is OK. Haven’t heard from him, OH58d, or Ramair3 in some time.

Didn’t know that was his trick. I will ignore his posts next time. He’s also good for reminding people that taking 2 or 3 16hr classes from “deltas” (wtf) does not make one a lifetime professional gunfighter. Love that guy and wouldn’t recommend placing him on ignore.

05-16-22, 16:32
I hope Fly is OK. Haven’t heard from him, OH58d, or Ramair3 in some time.

He’s also good for reminding people that taking 2 or 3 16hr classes from “deltas” (wtf) does not make one a lifetime professional gunfighter. Love that guy and wouldn’t recommend placing him on ignore.

Ok. Thanks. I guess I have to ignore just threads like this one.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-16-22, 16:43
What a lot of people don't know is that Euro has a big heart. One day he was at the range and he looked over and saw a poor man and his son who had no shoes or socks shooting a rifle with a Holosun red dot. He saw the look of complete destitution written on their dirty faces. The boy had burn marks on the tops of his feet from where the hot spent steel casings (couldn't afford brass case ammo) had landed. Euro went to his car and got two pairs of socks and shoes to give to the man and his son. Not because he felt sorry for them, but because their feet stunk and he was grossed out looking at them. The poverty stricken boy and his Dad were elated and thanked him over and over.

That young boy would grow up to be Steve Jobs.

utahjeepr
05-16-22, 17:06
Really gonna need to know the abuse protocols this upper will be tested to and if it will be expected to shoot accurately in hurricane force crosswinds before I can make my recommendation.

Just sayin.

SteyrAUG
05-16-22, 21:02
Really gonna need to know the abuse protocols this upper will be tested to and if it will be expected to shoot accurately in hurricane force crosswinds before I can make my recommendation.

Just sayin.

+1 Also will the receiver need drain holes because it will be used in tactical water environments.

gesundheit
05-16-22, 21:08
Also, should I stake my nuts?

Ask your wife first before assaulting your nuts with stakes. Unless you have one too many kids.

Dutch110
05-17-22, 07:58
Ask your wife first before assaulting your nuts with stakes. Unless you have one too many kids.

We have an arrangement. I get to take them out of the jar and play with them once a week and she gets to buy expensive things. It's a fair deal I think.

Dutch110
05-17-22, 08:02
Another question. Will this upper be subjected to being frozen and expected to cycle? Asking for Garand Thumb.

pag23
05-17-22, 16:17
What a lot of people don't know is that Euro has a big heart. One day he was at the range and he looked over and saw a poor man and his son who had no shoes or socks shooting a rifle with a Holosun red dot. He saw the look of complete destitution written on their dirty faces. The boy had burn marks on the tops of his feet from where the hot spent steel casings (couldn't afford brass case ammo) had landed. Euro went to his car and got two pairs of socks and shoes to give to the man and his son. Not because he felt sorry for them, but because their feet stunk and he was grossed out looking at them. The poverty stricken boy and his Dad were elated and thanked him over and over.

That young boy would grow up to be Steve Jobs.

Lol..priceless

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-23-22, 21:05
Pre-2000 Olympic Arms A2 upper….

Euro asking about uppers is like Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Stone asking about uppers, they would be what I consider to be SMEs on uppers, and as far as I knew, were no longer active…

Eurodriver
05-26-22, 17:47
Pre-2000 Olympic Arms A2 upper….

Euro asking about uppers is like Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Stone asking about uppers, they would be what I consider to be SMEs on uppers, and as far as I knew, were no longer active…

I’m not an SME. I’m just a guy who likes to shoot guns that have been run over by SUVs.

RE: Social Media - I don’t put a lot of PII, or anything, up on social media. I no longer have it. I tried it for a little while but when I started responding to people on ARFCOM’s Facebook page about proper use of thermal, flashlight TTPs, quality optics, I’d get blasted as being a troll who knows nothing simply because I had no followers / profile pic.

It was then I learned that social media credibility is literally tied solely to the amount of likes your photos have, and not about anything you know.

Even had a guy tell me my AK was bogus because it said “Made in China” on it.

Pass.

At least the people smart enough to find this forum want to learn. The “gun guys” on FB just stumbled on to the AR15 Photos And Tactics For Sheepdogs page while taking a dump.

Dutch110
05-27-22, 08:29
I’m not an SME. I’m just a guy who likes to shoot guns that have been run over by SUVs.

RE: Social Media - I don’t put a lot of PII, or anything, up on social media. I no longer have it. I tried it for a little while but when I started responding to people on ARFCOM’s Facebook page about proper use of thermal, flashlight TTPs, quality optics, I’d get blasted as being a troll who knows nothing simply because I had no followers / profile pic.

It was then I learned that social media credibility is literally tied solely to the amount of likes your photos have, and not about anything you know.

Even had a guy tell me my AK was bogus because it said “Made in China” on it.

Pass.

At least the people smart enough to find this forum want to learn. The “gun guys” on FB just stumbled on to the AR15 Photos And Tactics For Sheepdogs page while taking a dump.

Social media rewards the lowest common denominator among us in general. In a former life I was a motorcycle road racer and an on track instructor. Held an expert license yadda yadda yadda. The amount of times I got into "discussions" with guys who "have a buddy who did a track day once" and knew better just got old. Why waste your time trying to educate people who are unteachable? The upside to that was I could still interact with people IRL at the racetrack who were eager to learn. That made up for it.

Blender
05-31-22, 00:30

What is an "Assault Rifle"??? I own many tactical rifles, sporting rifles, and target rifles, but the only reference to an "Assault Rifle" I have ever heard comes from people who know nothing about firearms. Yah know, like left wing @A haters!

Eurodriver
05-31-22, 07:28
What is an "Assault Rifle"??? I own many tactical rifles, sporting rifles, and target rifles, but the only reference to an "Assault Rifle" I have ever heard comes from people who know nothing about firearms. Yah know, like left wing @A haters!

This thread is discussing an assault rifle which is a select fire shoulder fired rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge. Full auto fire generates more heat on the rail and thus your hands and damages barrels faster. It’s a relevant question.

On the other hand, you are referring to a “semi automatic assault weapon” which is a political term and not found anywhere in this thread.

Tell me again - who knows nothing about firearms?

Outlander Systems
05-31-22, 07:41
He’s talking about a transferable machine gun, sweaty.

Eurodriver
05-31-22, 07:46
He’s talking about a transferable machine gun, sweaty.

Imagine your automatic assumption when someone says assault rifle is to jump and say “AHKTUALLYYY”

Vegas
05-31-22, 11:42
Wouldn’t something with a Colt SOCOM barrel be the ticket?

Dutch110
05-31-22, 12:37
This thread just keeps on giving.

kerplode
05-31-22, 12:49
This thread just keeps on giving.

Solid gold hits!

grizzlyblake
05-31-22, 14:03
This thread is discussing an assault rifle which is a select fire shoulder fired rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge. Full auto fire generates more heat on the rail and thus your hands and damages barrels faster. It’s a relevant question.

On the other hand, you are referring to a “semi automatic assault weapon” which is a political term and not found anywhere in this thread.

Pics?

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-31-22, 16:20

You might wanna just sit this one out.

Uncas47
05-31-22, 18:07
I can't come up with anything clever enough, so I'll just get another beer and keep reading. If this slows down, I can always check the grip screw thread again.

grizzlyblake
05-31-22, 19:16
I am genuinely curious, and Euro getting a three pin lower would not be a surprise.

If so, I would assault the OPs question with a recommendation of a Colt SOCOM upper with double heats and cases of 193.

TomBowie
06-10-22, 02:10

The response was predictably lame but don’t be coy. This was exactly what you were looking for when you chose to title your thread this way. I’m surprised it took this long to get what you wanted.

If you’re trying to normalize the term Assault Rifle then OK. But you could have said “Upper for FA” and gotten more signal for less noise. My money is on you looking for noise.

Eurodriver
06-10-22, 13:36
The response was predictably lame but don’t be coy. This was exactly what you were looking for when you chose to title your thread this way. I’m surprised it took this long to get what you wanted.

If you’re trying to normalize the term Assault Rifle then OK. But you could have said “Upper for FA” and gotten more signal for less noise. My money is on you looking for noise.

Do you even know me lol Of course I was looking for noise.

Assault rifle has been normalized for 70 years. Do you know what Sturmgewehr means in English? Don’t be mad at me because you don’t have an assault rifle.

Hank6046
06-10-22, 13:49

Assault rifle has been normalized for 70 years. Do you know what Sturmgewehr means in English? Don’t be mad at me because you don’t have an assault rifle.

I just bought one of these to put on my AR15 so I can shoot 308. It has a 16" nitride heavy barrel, and features a 1:10 twist rate, with a mid length gas system so its just as good as major manufactures

www.bearcreekarsenal.com/guns-parts/ar-10/ar-10-complete-upper-assembly/308-16-parkerized-hb-barrel-1-10-twist-mid-length-15-handguard-scg2-nrail-spiral-flash.html

docsherm
06-10-22, 14:00
Do you know what Sturmgewehr means in English?

Sturmgewehr = It means Strom Gun in German.................

Dutch110
06-10-22, 14:11
I just bought one of these to put on my AR15 so I can shoot 308. It has a 16" nitride heavy barrel, and features a 1:10 twist rate, with a mid length gas system so its just as good as major manufactures

www.bearcreekarsenal.com/guns-parts/ar-10/ar-10-complete-upper-assembly/308-16-parkerized-hb-barrel-1-10-twist-mid-length-15-handguard-scg2-nrail-spiral-flash.html

Totally legit. I have a buddy who knew someone who fixed a dude's car who is on the teams and he said the mechanic said those guys use these all the time to make head shots at 1000 yards. Just swap uppers. Each member carries one as a spare.

Hank6046
06-10-22, 14:14
Totally legit. I have a buddy who knew someone who fixed a dude's car who is on the teams and he said the mechanic said those guys use these all the time to make head shots at 1000 yards. Just swap uppers. Each member carries one as a spare.

Thats the same guy who got it on with Veronica Vaughn??? He's totally legit, I've seen his desert tiger strips from the C*I*A* days

Dutch110
06-10-22, 15:43
Thats the same guy who got it on with Veronica Vaughn??? He's totally legit, I've seen his desert tiger strips from the C*I*A* days

TOTALLY! He has the condom he used in a shadow box on his desk next to his purple heart, silver star, ranger tab, SEAL trident, CA CCW and tote and chip card.

Eurodriver
06-11-22, 18:31
Sturmgewehr = It means Strom Gun in German.................

Which was translated in English to “assault”.

Someone calls guns and ammo. They were using the term assault rifle before the media picked it up. I guess it’s their fault!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13082/376648A5-4341-4592-9573-5A8E0636FA2B_jpe-2414683.JPG

docsherm
06-11-22, 19:06

Someone calls guns and ammo. They were using the term assault rifle before the media picked it up. I guess it’s their fault!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13082/376648A5-4341-4592-9573-5A8E0636FA2B_jpe-2414683.JPG

Translated incorrectly. I can translate it to say fluffy bunny..... doesn't mean it is correct.

Assault Rifle is a term that is just as made up as Battle Rifle.......not a real term.

I expect this from a person that did not understand the difference between a machinegun and a SUBmachinegun...... ;)

Eurodriver
06-11-22, 19:29
Translated incorrectly. I can translate it to say fluffy bunny..... doesn't mean it is correct.

Assault Rifle is a term that is just as made up as Battle Rifle.......not a real term.

I expect this from a person that did not understand the difference between a machinegun and a SUBmachinegun...... ;)

Im confused. Are you saying the term assault rifle is not real?

Assault weapon was codified in the 1994 AWB and Assault Rifle is in the dictionary and in common use.

I guess we should just automatically obey whatever someone says if they have a yellow name.

Hey - that reminds me - do you think the mods would ever let me in the LE forum? LOL

They hate me so much because I used to say things like “If cops don’t get their act together, they will face big consequences” and then 2020 happened… damn I hate being victimized for being right.

docsherm
06-11-22, 19:47

Assault weapon was codified in the 1994 AWB and Assault Rifle is in the dictionary and in common use.

I guess we should just automatically obey whatever someone says if they have a yellow name. Yes, that would be WISE.

Hey - that reminds me - do you think the mods would ever let me in the LE forum? LOL

They hate me so much because I used to say things like “If cops don’t get their act together, they will face big consequences” and then 2020 happened… damn I hate being victimized for being right.

The Libtards like to make up scary words to demonize our rights. The word Phat is also in the dictionary.... does not mean I will ever use it or associate with those that would. Stupid has gone main-stream.... Doesn't mean you need to follow it............

Ghost guns are their new term...... It is scary to the retards out there. Except it has made us laugh for many years....... This is a Ghost Gun:

https://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Ghostbusters-proton-packs-original.png

And they did make those in at home also......... :jester:

ST911
06-11-22, 20:01
This is a sturmgewehr. It gewehrs the sturms.

vicious_cb
06-11-22, 20:41
If your gun isnt select fire then you shouldn't be calling it an assault rifle. By definition an assault rifle is a select fire intermediate cartridge weapon.

titsonritz
06-11-22, 20:44
If your gun isnt select fire then you shouldn't be calling it an assault rifle. By definition an assault rifle is a select fire intermediate cartridge weapon.

But...but...AR-15 means Assault Rifle-15. :suicide:

vicious_cb
06-11-22, 21:13

If we were smart we would be calling them PDW-15's :cool:

tgizzard
06-12-22, 07:41
First time in here in over a month and this thread did not disappoint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ST911
06-12-22, 07:49
Everyone lighten up a bit. Go shoot your whatever-you-call-it, and have a great Sunday.

Eurodriver
06-12-22, 17:49
The Libtards like to make up scary words to demonize our rights. The word Phat is also in the dictionary.... does not mean I will ever use it or associate with those that would. Stupid has gone main-stream.... Doesn't mean you need to follow it............

Ghost guns are their new term...... It is scary to the retards out there. Except it has made us laugh for many years....... This is a Ghost Gun:

https://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Ghostbusters-proton-packs-original.png

And they did make those in at home also......... :jester:

I literally read “that would be WISE” in your exact voice.

Lol

06-12-22, 18:19

Armalite Rifle…. I know you know. [emoji6]

docsherm
06-13-22, 15:04
I literally read “that would be WISE” in your exact voice.

Lol

LOL :jester:

Joelski
06-13-22, 16:25

It's in the NFA rule book. No really, they got it from the media.

Backfire
06-13-22, 18:12

That's kind of the issue, you can ban an AR without opening a hornets nest of definitions

TomBowie
06-30-22, 22:48

Post more fag.

WillieThom
07-01-22, 01:59
You know how to tell when someone has lost an argument?

Anyone can answer this.

Dutch110
07-01-22, 08:41

Anyone can answer this.

That depends. If you're arguing with a liberal you get called a racist. If you're arguing with a FUDD you either get your sexuality, family lineage and / or your spouse's fidelity called into question. It's right out of the "Argument Rebuttals for Dummies" manual.

Eurodriver
07-01-22, 08:46
Post more fag.

Did you mean "Post more fag" as in, post more homosexual stuff?

OR

"Post more, fag" calling me a fag?

If it's the former, I sent you a pm.

If the latter, personal attacks are not allowed!!!11

Anyone can answer this.

What's the argument? Who's even arguing?

Outlander Systems
07-01-22, 09:02
Why is everyone pussy-footing around about calling them assault rifles?

I don't own one to shoot squirrels with hahahahaha. The **** you think these things are for hahahahaha. Like go re-read the 2nd Amendment hahahahaha. Why are ya'll so afraid of making wine aunts mad hahahahaha.

Eurodriver
07-01-22, 09:10
Why is everyone pussy-footing around about calling them assault rifles?

I don't own one to shoot squirrels with hahahahaha. The **** you think these things are for hahahahaha. Like go re-read the 2nd Amendment hahahahaha. Why are ya'll so afraid of making wine aunts mad hahahahaha.

Dude an assault rifle with a 60 round clip is legit.

Outlander Systems
07-01-22, 09:46
I love this guy.

clip

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-01-22, 09:48
Post more fag.

Why are boomers like this?

Hank6046
07-01-22, 10:25
To OP:

https://www.del-ton.com/AR-15-Barrel-Assembly-p/dt1026.htm

Thank me later

Outlander Systems
07-01-22, 10:26
I suggest you:

https://pics.awwmemes.com/forklift-operator-my-sense-ofumor-your-feelins-or-offend-you-63882121.png

Hank6046
07-01-22, 10:28

I blame the Trump administration

kerplode
07-01-22, 15:10
If it's the former, I sent you a pm.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude...You never fail to inform and entertain.

Outlander Systems
07-01-22, 15:19
I’m old enough to remember when you were a Federal Agent.

I guess we should just automatically obey whatever someone says if they have a yellow name.

WillieThom
07-02-22, 08:15
What's the argument? Who's even arguing?

Eh? What? …I was talking about the guy calling you a fag. You know you’ve lost when you don’t have shit to say other than to start calling folks names.

ST911
07-02-22, 09:12
Enough.